Home

Do away with Awareness replace with Technique

This is a discussion on Do away with Awareness replace with Technique within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-07-2016, 11:36 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Do away with Awareness replace with Technique

I've read it somewhere on these boards recently and thought it was a good idea.. A cool direction to go with awareness is just to make it a tiered thing since it's really tough to quantify in numbers. I mean under the hood, it'll be number based but I think there has to be a different way to account for "awareness"
Something like.. Rookie, Rotation Player, First Team, Veteran, Elite.
Effects could include:
Penalties commited..
Something where maybe each level of the field (think DL, LB, DB) would have a certain amount of adjustments that can be made, if at all (Rookie)..
It also could determine how fast they "communicate" with their players. So a lower tiered QB's audible "animation" takes longer than say Brady who'll be almost instant. Same on defense where a young LB would have a harder time getting in the necessary adjustments by his "calling audible animation" being a little slower. But idk, these things probably are far down the list of things that need fixing compared to the rest of the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2016, 11:56 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 0

If they replaced awareness they would probably have to re-code the whole game. Clint said in that podcast in late April awareness is used in every formula they have. Its only removed when you click on that player. And awareness for example is how much of the zone play art the player can play. The ZCV number is how well he plays that area that awareness allows him.

I think EA if they replaced Awr with Technique it would still be the same coding just titled different
Old 06-08-2016, 02:17 AM   #27
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

I agree that awareness needs to go, but in its place we need more than just technique.

Add technique, but also things like aggressiveness, discipline, composure, and something that approximates playbook knowledge similar to Head Coach.

I am actually hoping that last part has been added in a different form this year by expanding the player types and team schemes feature.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »