Home

FIFA 17 to Frostbite, Madden will follow in next year or two

This is a discussion on FIFA 17 to Frostbite, Madden will follow in next year or two within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-01-2016, 09:42 PM   #41
Banned

OVR: 1
Re: FIFA 17 to Frostbite, Madden will follow in next year or two

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
After going through two "engine" changes with Madden the past 12 years or so, this means nothing, imo, until it proves to mean something. What Frostbite has been able to accomplish with any other game is irrelevant to Madden, just like Ignite currently is. FIFA, COD, etc, are their own games, with their own coding and whatnot, they aren't Madden. I would have gotten excited or optimistic about this had it been announced for M25 but after all the lofty expectations for Ignite, what seems to matter with regard to Madden way more than its' "engine" is the tried and true "priorities". So it's hard for me to see right now what transferring Madden to Frostbite with more potential does, other than graphically, when it clearly hasn't yet tapped into all the potential touted for Ignite, for whatever reason(s).
There weren't two engine changes. The PS4/XBOX One Madden is running off ported code from the XBOX 360/PS3 versions of the game. If you're referring to Infinity, that's RTP middleware, it's not a full-on game engine.

EDIT: Also, it appears that Ignite is nothing more than an internal sharing engine that allows them to more easily share tech between in-house games. I remember Cam Weber said as much during an IGN interview about Ignite.

Last edited by Gridiron; 06-01-2016 at 09:45 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2016, 09:44 PM   #42
Banned

OVR: 0

I will definitely be paying a lot more attention to Fifa this year, eager to hear how Frostbite improves the game.
Old 06-01-2016, 09:44 PM   #43
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
After going through two "engine" changes with Madden the past 12 years or so, this means nothing, imo, until it proves to mean something. What Frostbite has been able to accomplish with any other game is irrelevant to Madden, just like Ignite currently is. FIFA, COD, etc, are their own games, with their own coding and whatnot, they aren't Madden. I would have gotten excited or optimistic about this had it been announced for M25 but after all the lofty expectations for Ignite, what seems to matter with regard to Madden way more than its' "engine" is the tried and true "priorities". So it's hard for me to see right now what transferring Madden to Frostbite with more potential does, other than graphically, when it clearly hasn't yet tapped into all the potential touted for Ignite, for whatever reason(s).
Man, you have to be the most negative poster in the Madden forums I've ever seen. This is exciting news. You and others have been clamoring for a new engine for years and it looks like we are getting it and you have to come in here an put everyone's excitement down.

And I already know what you are gonna say. They haven't shown you anything to be excited about. Well I believe this newish team has shown us plenty to be excited about. So I think I speak for a lot of people in here when I say this is exciting and we have confidence in this team to get it done right.

But you are entitled to your opinion so I'm not gonna tell you what you can or can't think about this. I just choose to see this as a huge positive for the series.
Old 06-01-2016, 09:52 PM   #44
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Frostbite? Cool.

Can't wait to see it in action for Madden next year and - presumably - FIFA this year.
Old 06-01-2016, 09:55 PM   #45
Banned

OVR: 1

If they're gonna do this though, I say separate yourself completely from the old library. No code, no animations, nothing from the old game. Every blade of grass, every model, every detail, every pixel, it all needs to be new.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2016, 09:56 PM   #46
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

I may be wrong but I'm anticipating something about ea sports going to frostbite and maybe a timeline being announced at EA Play. Hopefully a teaser of Madden, NHL, NBA Live, on Frostbite but who knows

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-01-2016, 09:57 PM   #47
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVarck31
Man, you have to be the most negative poster in the Madden forums I've ever seen. This is exciting news. You and others have been clamoring for a new engine for years and it looks like we are getting it and you have to come in here an put everyone's excitement down.

And I already know what you are gonna say. They haven't shown you anything to be excited about. Well I believe this newish team has shown us plenty to be excited about. So I think I speak for a lot of people in here when I say this is exciting and we have confidence in this team to get it done right.

But you are entitled to your opinion so I'm not gonna tell you what you can or can't think about this. I just choose to see this as a huge positive for the series.
I mean every year THIS is supposed to be the year for madden, I see no problem with skepticism
Old 06-01-2016, 09:59 PM   #48
Pro

Lexicon's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gridiron
If they're gonna do this though, I say separate yourself completely from the old library. No code, no animations, nothing from the old game. Every blade of grass, every model, every detail, every pixel, it all needs to be new.
Definitely what they should do. Likely won't happen, but it would be nice.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »