Home

NEW Madden 17 Tackle Battle Video

This is a discussion on NEW Madden 17 Tackle Battle Video within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2016, 03:25 PM   #65
MVP

OVR: 15
re: NEW Madden 17 Tackle Battle Video

It is amazing how far behind Madden is in animation fidelity. The game looks so stiff and choppy in motion..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2016, 03:26 PM   #66
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16

I think you guys are seriously overestimating the amount of time tackle battles took. Sure, there's tuning but they literally took the 1-1 stand-up tackles that were dice rolls (which a lot of people didn't like) and added a button press to push the dice roll in the user's favor.

Compare that to adding true step for every player in the game, which would require a rewrite of all the locomotion as well as AI pursuit angles, and more.

TBs are such a tiny part of the game, it's sort of amazing to me that this is this contested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-03-2016, 03:29 PM   #67
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
I think it has a lot to do with the PvP aspect and them wanting to dive further into eSports and competitive which it would seem something like this is based around. I also think it will be something we will see more and more of moving forward.
I disagree, not entirely, just with this actually adding something to the User control demo, though I agree I can see that being the driving force. Meaning even in regard to esports, unless this is the ground work or precursor to a more User controlled centered tackle system, meaning something akin to "locking up" in a wrestling game where the User is in a stick/button battle when engaged, I don't think Tackle Battles moves the needle in that arena much either.

Imo, I don't see some esporter saying "well at least when Tackle Battles happen I have a chance to do something as the User".
Old 06-03-2016, 03:43 PM   #68
MVP

OVR: 1

If tackle battle feature was easily implemented than the feature should be easier to get removed hopefully by patch. Due to the backlash from the community the end result of removal justify the means.
Old 06-03-2016, 03:46 PM   #69
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

I stand by my word that this is all much to do about nothing, people who have actually played the game all say we are making way too big of a deal of this based on clips and still haven't even seen how a tackle battle fully looks yet.

Old 06-03-2016, 03:48 PM   #70
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
I think it has a lot to do with the PvP aspect and them wanting to dive further into eSports and competitive which it would seem something like this is based around. I also think it will be something we will see more and more of moving forward.
That's fine but make it an option.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
Old 06-03-2016, 03:48 PM   #71
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
I disagree, not entirely, just with this actually adding something to the User control demo, though I agree I can see that being the driving force. Meaning even in regard to esports, unless this is the ground work or precursor to a more User controlled centered tackle system, meaning something akin to "locking up" in a wrestling game where the User is in a stick/button battle when engaged, I don't think Tackle Battles moves the needle in that arena much either.

Imo, I don't see some esporter saying "well at least when Tackle Battles happen I have a chance to do something as the User".

I agree with that. It's nothing monumental but it's just something that creates a rare head-to-head almost mini-game between users that wasn't present before. It's just giving the player an opportunity to say "I did that because I beat you" instead of "I beat you because a random dice roll was in my favor."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2016, 03:50 PM   #72
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
I stand by my word that this is all much to do about nothing, people who have actually played the game all say we are making way too big of a deal of this based on clips and still haven't even seen how a tackle battle fully looks yet.

OK. But if tackle battle gives a clear disadvantage to those who don't control their RB or defensive player doing the tackling, then I stand by "I don't like it". Fair enough?
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »