Home

CFM questions

This is a discussion on CFM questions within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 06-06-2016, 10:40 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
CFM questions

I apologize for not knowing this, but would love a little clarity. I've been playing NCAA only for the last few years, but am switching to Madden now given the announced gameplay changes.

A friend and I are going to do a 2-team CFM. How does this work? Can we play in person on one of our ps4s if our teams ever played each other? Can you do the draft together in person on one ps4? I just don't get how the file works etc.

Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2016, 03:27 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: CFM questions

Do you want to play exclusively on your system, or on separate systems?

Quote:
Originally Posted by solmon
I apologize for not knowing this, but would love a little clarity. I've been playing NCAA only for the last few years, but am switching to Madden now given the announced gameplay changes.

A friend and I are going to do a 2-team CFM. How does this work? Can we play in person on one of our ps4s if our teams ever played each other? Can you do the draft together in person on one ps4? I just don't get how the file works etc.

Thanks!
Old 06-06-2016, 03:31 PM   #3
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jershy88
Do you want to play exclusively on your system, or on separate systems?
Most of the time we will play on separate systems, but lets say we end up playing each other in the super bowl. Since we live close, it would be more fun to play the super bowl in person on the same system for that one game. Possible? What about doing the draft together?
Old 06-06-2016, 04:27 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by solmon
Most of the time we will play on separate systems, but lets say we end up playing each other in the super bowl. Since we live close, it would be more fun to play the super bowl in person on the same system for that one game. Possible? What about doing the draft together?
You'd have to bring his system to your house
Old 06-06-2016, 04:43 PM   #5
Pro

Ampking101's Arena

OVR: 8

The way cfm works is that couch multiplayer is disabled and the team is tied to each user. This means you both have to be on separate consoles to play eachother, same way that an online match works. A good way around this to play in person would be as someone stated earlier, have them bring their system over, hook it up to another TV in the same room and you can get a similar experience.

It's not ideal and is a lot of work especially if you don't have 2 tv sets in the same room or a small tv that is easily movable but it is currently the only way of playing in a couch multiplayer setting at the moment.

The draft would also not be able to be done on the same console, you could do the above for that as well though. Another option for the draft, I haven't used the Madden website in a long time but I know in past Madden games you could draft through the website, I don't know if this is possible anymore but it could be an easier way to draft in person compared to the above.

Last edited by Ampking101; 06-06-2016 at 04:46 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2016, 05:03 PM   #6
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ampking101
The way cfm works is that couch multiplayer is disabled and the team is tied to each user. This means you both have to be on separate consoles to play eachother, same way that an online match works. A good way around this to play in person would be as someone stated earlier, have them bring their system over, hook it up to another TV in the same room and you can get a similar experience.

It's not ideal and is a lot of work especially if you don't have 2 tv sets in the same room or a small tv that is easily movable but it is currently the only way of playing in a couch multiplayer setting at the moment.

The draft would also not be able to be done on the same console, you could do the above for that as well though. Another option for the draft, I haven't used the Madden website in a long time but I know in past Madden games you could draft through the website, I don't know if this is possible anymore but it could be an easier way to draft in person compared to the above.
Ouch that sucks...thought it would be an option
Old 06-06-2016, 07:38 PM   #7
Go Pack Go!!

NateDogPack12's Arena

There is at least a work around for the draft on the same console. You can sign in and sign out sharing the same console but switching profiles. The good thing too is that the sim to next user pick option won't skip a user. The draft is doable for you but a Super Bowl wouldn't be.

Gig Em '12
Old 06-06-2016, 08:13 PM   #8
Rookie

bloobloouk's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ampking101

PS4 remote play could prove useful:
https://remoteplay.dl.playstation.ne.../gb/index.html

Unless you're wired you can suffer from some lag in game (especially in the middle of a crucial play I've found!) but it is absolutely perfect for doing the draft - I actually did our leagues 2024 draft this evening using it :-)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »