Home

What kind of NBA2k style "badges" would you want to see in Madden?

This is a discussion on What kind of NBA2k style "badges" would you want to see in Madden? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-09-2016, 10:40 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: What kind of NBA2k style "badges" would you want to see in Madden?

its a bad idea in madden as much as its a bad idea in 2k all these thing do is promote cheese play every player will have the same 4-5 badges jumpping and catch for wr and the long deep throw for a qb and so on so now we have 100 player in the game that are all the same with just different looking helments

if u want this to work even a little the ablity to put any badge on any player need to be removed to place a badge on a player they shold have to have the stat it effects be over 95 and the badges should have to be earned with either in game play or some type of set of solos not paided for of the ah or got out of packs and onle like 2-3 per person not 50 like 2k
Old 06-09-2016, 11:11 AM   #18
Rookie

King Cardinal's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godgers12
Didn't Madden have something similar like 10 years ago?.
I believe that was Madden 08 and 09
Old 06-09-2016, 01:01 PM   #19
Rookie

dk6663's Arena

OVR: 4

De-Cleater - Self explanatory !
Old 06-09-2016, 01:16 PM   #20
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

To clarify my position a bit, I want no part of skill badges that add to an already existing number that accomplishes that task, e.g. a badge relating to juking when there is a juke rating.

For compromise what can be done is inserting flavor text or soft badges into player cards that serve as something of a scouting report. So there may not be "de-cleater" badge per se, but if a guy has hit power rated above 95 or so on his player card it will say de-cleater and give the relevant description.

For the other types of badges like mental and flavor, yes I am all for those. It would need to be part of a larger morale type system though.
Old 06-09-2016, 01:28 PM   #21
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanB_DanB
The badges in 2k along with ratings and an awesome tendency slider for ever single player, really helps differentiate the d-leauger, from the bench, from the starters to the star players. It's a great game, but I don't even really care for basketball honestly. So just pulling some ideas from another sports title that I've enjoyed playing, coming from a hardcore offline franchise player.

I see where you're coming fom with those unwanted attribute boost, ratings should be the number one factor in player performance. Now, i think it'd definitely be worth having "badges" just for things having to do with off the field franchise management.
Maybe a guy with a "mentor" badge could raise his position groups +5 play recognition just for being on the team. This would help reflect things like Demarcus Ware mentoring Von Miller.
Or back when they had things like "QB of the future" which helped prevent the cpu's drafting logic from continuously drafting QB's when they just drafted a good one and you see teams having 3 80+ QB's all within 4 years of each other on one team. Meanwhile some QB starved team is starting 64 ovr Sucks Butts because he happened to be the only other QB better than a 60 ovr Sucks Morebutts. Which reminds me that they need to make less GREAT QB's in the every draft . Because a couple years after that every team's QB is Tom Brady with speed.
I'm not necessarily against them, and I think they could have their place but it would be like an RB has a badge that greatly increases his chances of falling forward when being tackled a la Beast Mode. I'd just prefer they're more of a nuance more than anything and I think it's something that traits currently try to achieve. And I definitely agree with off the field type badges. Something similar to player roles that would help the CPU with roster management.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2016, 01:54 PM   #22
Pro

StayPlation82's Arena

OVR: 12

i like the idea of badges/traits. i think being able to earn them for players after they achieve a feat is cool. Cause 20 fumbles from a hit stick in a year...get the de-cleater trait. score 16 touchdowns in the last minute of a game while trailing...cluth trait. get 30 tackles a year on special teams...special team ace trait.
Old 06-09-2016, 02:09 PM   #23
MVP

Jrocc23's Arena

OVR: 6

I would love to have these back in Madden.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NBA 2K11
XtremeXplicit Crew
Ranked

Check us out: http://www.youtube.com/jroccdagameboy
Old 06-09-2016, 03:52 PM   #24
Banned

OVR: 0

I'm all for this, anything to separate the players ability. Each badge should have it's own set of animations attached to them so the only way to get certain animations is to have that badge.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »