Home

Madden NFL: Three Things Which Would Excite Me About Its Future

This is a discussion on Madden NFL: Three Things Which Would Excite Me About Its Future within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-09-2016, 11:12 PM   #25
MVP

Joshua1207's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Madden NFL: Three Things Which Would Excite Me About Its Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSportsGamer1984
A Superstar mode similar to NBA 2K's My Player mode would be awesome. Have our player start out in High School & have to go through the trials of making it to the NFL. Make it to where every decision you make has a consequence. A dope story in Superstar mode is long overdue! I'm surprised with the success of NBA 2K's My Player, Madden hasn't followed suit.
I really hope Madden doesn't turn Superstar mode into a story mode. While I do love some aspects of MyPlayer from NBA 2K, one thing I hate about it is that it is that the first season or so is all scripted. I want to make my own story with my player, I don't want to follow through some script that forces you to be undrafted, get cut etc. Let us do the combine or sample college season and have that determine our draft stock, sponsors, agent etc.

The days of Madden 06 were great where you had your own website that detailed your popularity, expectations, exposure etc. If they could bring that type of stuff back, mixed in with things like in MyPlayer from 2k where you do post-game interviews, sponsorships, talk to the gm etc then I would love the mode so much.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2016, 09:00 AM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua1207
I really hope Madden doesn't turn Superstar mode into a story mode. While I do love some aspects of MyPlayer from NBA 2K, one thing I hate about it is that it is that the first season or so is all scripted. I want to make my own story with my player, I don't want to follow through some script that forces you to be undrafted, get cut etc. Let us do the combine or sample college season and have that determine our draft stock, sponsors, agent etc.

The days of Madden 06 were great where you had your own website that detailed your popularity, expectations, exposure etc. If they could bring that type of stuff back, mixed in with things like in MyPlayer from 2k where you do post-game interviews, sponsorships, talk to the gm etc then I would love the mode so much.
thats because of spike lee the way he explained the game b4 it actually came out was different we were assuming we be able to make the decisions but when it dropped it was already scripted
Old 06-10-2016, 09:40 AM   #27
Rookie

JimmyT85's Arena

OVR: 2

I would absolutely love an in-depth superstar mode. Like, really, really bad!
Old 06-11-2016, 02:49 AM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 4
Thanks for the article @Cicero IMO really great job because it wasn't just a '...Madden should be better, meh...' rant because you added ideas for improvements. I hope that these kinds of articles help to keep moving the yard sticks.

I'm a long time Madden player, as in back to the very first release and I don't quite see the same areas of improvement the same way.

E-sports: IMO the game in its current state and the propensity for one off head-2-head match ups being more arcade rules than based in the actual sport is [to put in delicately] a bit of a chuckler. Top level, successful E-sports are, so far, about regularly balanced team games. Sure there's some individual stuff, but its mostly small squad. Don't know that Madden really works in this arena and pursuing it would be [yet another] year-2-year development brain drain.

Franchise Mode: From my point of view and recollection, what put EA Sports games over the top of the rest of the myriad of 8-bit sports games of the early years was Madden's Franchise mode. Its successes quickly spread to other EA Sports games. And then, the bitter darkness came of Ultimate Team and Franchise modes suddenly were put on the back burner...waaaaaay back on the back burner. One area of improvement for Franchise mode I want to see, most especially in online head-2-head match ups, is the problem I mentioned above. The base straight up match up game mode, no matter what you do, is the base arcade game play. Well meaning features like speed/agility equalization and 'Fair Play' had massive unintended consequences on highly competitive Franchise game mode. Built a team around speed players? Yeah well that doesn't matter come game time because any player can be run down from behind. Lesser teams actually end up playing better in key situations because every player is essentially rendered pretty much equal. I will only quickly mention the whole lack of real world physics and the size of players also applies here too.

Superstar Mode: IMO should be spun out into a game unto its own where it could be a really, really intruiging game type. I will say that The Show is definitely on to something with the game release year-to-game release year carry over of your created players (and franchise btw). Not all of us have endless hours to play video games and if in a year you get through say 2 seasons, you get to carry on your dude on the next release version. That's pretty sweet. I really think EAS was on to something too with your career player starting out in college and then making the pros. I still believe there is a lot of promise.

In closing, sorry for the novel reply. Thanks again to our OP. I'm also really excited for what could be with Frostbite. Fingers crossed.
Old 06-11-2016, 04:47 AM   #29
MVP

OVR: 1

zero interest in tournaments, #2 is on a lot of peoples' wish lists here and i agree about SS
Old 06-11-2016, 04:48 AM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 0
For me being a predominantly offline Franchise/CFM guy, the most important improvements are #2 as the author listed. Player stats, player progression, stats about my CFM team and around the league. Those are the kinds of things I look for and will be excited about if the Madden development team substantially adds to and improves them.

Also, presentation is vital to the overall experience of the game and should not be overlooked. The crowd animations, dynamic commentary, etc.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »