Home

More hyped than usual...

This is a discussion on More hyped than usual... within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-10-2016, 07:24 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
More hyped than usual...

Is anyone else more hyped than they usually are for the next Madden?

I liked M16 and think EA took giant leaps last year towards making a good football game. The stuff from the blogs for M17 sounds really promising and with multiple Franchise blogs to come it's starting to feel like the year they finally nail it
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2016, 08:16 PM   #2
MVP

Toupal's Arena

Re: More hyped than usual...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dietdoubledew

I liked M16 and think EA took giant leaps last year towards making a good football game. The stuff from the blogs for M17 sounds really promising and with multiple Franchise blogs to come it's starting to feel like the year they finally nail it
Well after the tweet "Customization is king" came out, my mind has been running wild.
Old 06-10-2016, 08:34 PM   #3
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dietdoubledew

Well, I check this forum every couple of mins for new stuff, so YEAH!!! Lol. Seriously, though, it started with 13 for me. Through M12, the announcements and updates just never lived up to the hype and madden was always the same. 13 introduced real time physics, and I was extremely excited about that alone. Now, many didn't like the overall game, but I thought that was the best game to that point and I enjoyed that game a lot, actually. At that point, I realized Rex was getting it done, man. Props to the devs, too, but I think they got the right man in charge to make important changes. I was disappointed by 25, actually, as they didn't improve enough on real time physics, in fact, they backed off it, and this was my transition from 360 to One. I was hopeful for 15, but honestly, that game let me down similar to 25, and I didn't play it hardly at all. I could see what the game was becoming, but I just didn't dig 15 enough. Now, when they introduced 16 with WR/DB interactions and the multiple catch types, I was totally hyped!! Lol. Again, I could see the progression this team made, and just seeing the catching options available to us now, and how they could play out, I was def excited. And, 16 did not disappoint. I am still playing that game and enjoying the hell out of it, actually (with my own slider mods). But, now we've seen a few things coming to 17, and yeah, man, I think this is set to be a fantastic game, especially for sim guys. The def AI looks to be greatly improved with more zone and pattern matching (still have to see in action, but again, Rex has earned my trust at this point). Ball physics being added after deflections. I would like to see this ALL THE TIME and not just after deflections, but this still huge, I think. I am an exclusively CFM offline guy, so still waiting to hear what's up with that, but they're hyping it saying it's been updated/overhauled, so I'm hyped for that as well. But, really, this should def be greatest madden ever. 16 actually made me forget about 'that other game', and I expect 17 to do better. Consider me hyped!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-10-2016, 09:07 PM   #4
Pro

Rams_3's Arena

OVR: 1

Hell yeah im more excited about this years madden than in previous ones. I wish they released the equipment blog so i can see what all was added. Then I can tell kane thanks and just wait for E3 videos to pop up.MY favorite time of the year for video games. Plus im hyped to see what franchise has in store for us and don't get me started on this years presentation.......WOW!!!!!
Old 06-10-2016, 09:12 PM   #5
Pro

BreakingBad2013's Arena

I think this has been the biggest leap in core features I've ever seen in madden. We haven't even started franchise blogs, video of gameplay, or a demo/early access!

This isn't a roster update with a few gimmick-feeling features. These are fundamental, deeply rooted, and mandatory features that will/should be in the game through multiple generations of consoles.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2016, 09:51 PM   #6
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

More excited than usual but also more cautious bc of it. Love all the real football mechanics they added like pattern matching and gap play. But it's all about how it plays on release then if they nerf anything with patches.
Old 06-10-2016, 09:59 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid
More excited than usual but also more cautious bc of it. Love all the real football mechanics they added like pattern matching and gap play. But it's all about how it plays on release then if they nerf anything with patches.
I wish I could be that excited, and I am happy for those who are. For me, it's all about implementation. I've heard this all before countless times. The boy who cried wolf has nothing on Madden marketers, lol. You can tout all of the greatest things ever, but if they don't work, that all means nothing. It's all about showing it rather than talking it. They are great at talking it, and I'm sure they worked hard to do all of these things, but it all has to work properly, and that is something they've yet to get right, IMO.
Old 06-10-2016, 10:07 PM   #8
MVP

cthurt's Arena

OVR: 3

I still have to wait for the franchise blogs, but who am,I kidding my football video game fix is so strong I buy Madden every year anyway.

But this year does have a different feel to it, which is a good thing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »