Home

Madden 16 Championship

This is a discussion on Madden 16 Championship within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-14-2016, 06:54 PM   #1
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10
Madden 16 Championship

Watching this on ESPN and its a casual gamers utopia...going for it on 4th down...same formation, same play 3/4's of the time. I think they should have a separate SIM championship as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2016, 06:58 PM   #2
Go Pack Go!!

NateDogPack12's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 16 Championship

It's not a casual gaming paradise as those guys spend hours upon hours playing Madden.

It's just indicative of the fact that breaking the game is easier than playing real football.
Old 06-14-2016, 07:03 PM   #3
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateDogPack12
It's not a casual gaming paradise as those guys spend hours upon hours playing Madden.

It's just indicative of the fact that breaking the game is easier than playing real football.

You right...casual was not the right word to use. I couldn't think of another to describe what I was seeing.
Old 06-14-2016, 07:19 PM   #4
Banned

MountaineersSon's Arena

OVR: 0

The OP's statement got me thinking about the sim/arcade talk. I don't play NBA 2K and because of this I don't know the difference between the two. Does it affect gameplay against the AI?

Also, another question popped into my head. I've always felt playing the AI in Madden resulted in sim play. Does the Madden AI use things to its advantage like audibles and hot routes offensively and defensively?
Old 06-14-2016, 07:19 PM   #5
Pro

Ky3217's Arena

OVR: 5

Runs 4 verts 3 straight times, doesn't work 3 straight times.
"Hey guys, Think I should run 4 verts again?"
Runs 4 verts, doesn't work again.
Loses game
LOL

Hopefully with the changes EA is making to combat money plays, these "top players" will no longer be the top players. Or at least they'll hopefully be forced to do something besides the same play over and over

https://www.twitch.tv/ky3217

Last edited by Ky3217; 06-14-2016 at 07:23 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2016, 07:31 PM   #6
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Yep, I was referring to this stuff in a thread I created yet you have some that either don't care that the game can be played this way because it doesn't effect them and others that even go so far as to say this stuff is realistic. I've been a long time advocate of options to bring about a more regulated circuit in Madden competition, hopefully at some point EA begins to see the potential in that.

The biggest drawback for me with these type tournaments besides the tactics that are used, is how visually unappealing it is to watch. They have this broadcasting on TV and since I realize removing or moving all those strategic visuals from the LOS is controversial, would be nice to have a super hardcore UI mode for that stuff, where it has to all be done from muscle memory, none of the visual cues. That would clean up the screen, as well as add more risk/reward because the players have no visual pop up screens or play art to confer with, on either side of the ball.
Old 06-14-2016, 07:33 PM   #7
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

They were using MUT rosters, which you know, i can get with that. Both had Gronk...one dude had Gronk at fullback and Erick Dickerson at running back. He ran shotgun trips...zone read with Jared Goff at QB...same plays, same formations...no punting. Handoff to Erick Dickerson, throw to Erick Dickerson, handoff to Gronk on short situations. The other dude,ran ace 4 wides... throw verts all game to Gronk and use same running play with Steven Jackson. The "announcers " of the game were hamming it up. They even had a 3rd reporter. But, hey...for $20k...im not sure many would turn that down right?
Old 06-14-2016, 07:40 PM   #8
MVP

Hiro1's Arena

OVR: 7

The champion literally ran like 3 plays on offense maybe. Then resorted to using a nano blitz to close out the game. In the post game interview he cried telling some story about his dad. I'm floored. It was literally like who can exploit madden the best instead of exploiting you opponents weaknesses.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »