Home

Madden NFL 17's Franchise Mode Now Features 'Big Decisions'

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 17's Franchise Mode Now Features 'Big Decisions' within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-15-2016, 11:30 AM   #33
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Madden NFL 17's Franchise Mode Now Features 'Big Decisions'

One thing im curious about here on how this works when it comes to resigning players.

I hope it also has changed how many times you can offer a player a new contract each week. I know they stated to "be careful and not offer to low a contract or player may test free agency" , but that in itself is exactly how it has been in the past. However, the way its been working is, starting week 1 you can go in and start offering guys new contracts who will be up that year.

To me , an issue ( again for online leagues here) is everyone knows , you just start alittle under what player is saying they are asking for in contract , and because as long as you dont extremely low ball him, you get as many chances as you want, you can gradually increase it until you sign him for the lowest possible point he will sign for.

I , and most others have never really found it that hard to keep everyone they wanted . Partly because now when they hit 30 their speeds ,accels and strengths go down so people dont mind cutting them lose, and most just sit in FA because no one wants someone with a high contract who is slow. This kind of makes FA Bidding kind of boring for the most part ( i didnt say totally but mostly)

I know they said the better players will come available earlier in the season. I just hope they only allow you 1 offer per week.And possibly only allow a max of 3-4 offers tops during season. So that people will have to actually offer these players more money and thus have less cap space and make FA Bidding fun again. Being able to offer them as many times as we want , is not a good thing for an online league of 32.

Id also love to see their asking price not be only based on their overalls as well. Many know this and leave awr upgrades off until they get new contract, then beef it up right after new deal. Also speedy WRs and HB can be signed much cheaper in Madden than real life, because they have low awr. But they have enough speed and agility or catching to make them a dangerous threat on the field in madden. Thus you can have some great weapon for pretty cheap also helping your salary cap. Id love to see their asking prices be based on overall mixed with their actual production over their career . That i feel would help with the issues i mentioned above with some positions for sure.

Looking forward to see how this works in 17, i hope its different now, not just in the way it looks on screen with new UI, but it actually has changed and is not as easy to resign everyone we want to keep.

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel
Old 06-15-2016, 01:22 PM   #34
Pro

spoofrice11's Arena

OVR: 3
Still no draft classes? Think I might pass again.
NBA 2K has them.

All I play is Franchise Mode and I like to get a long ways into the future. Editing a player after drafted is better than nothing, but want to just be able to make draft classes.
Old 06-15-2016, 09:48 PM   #35
Rookie

Bull_Dozer's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Madden NFL 17's Franchise Mode Now Features 'Big Decisions'

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoofrice11
Still no draft classes? Think I might pass again.
NBA 2K has them.

All I play is Franchise Mode and I like to get a long ways into the future. Editing a player after drafted is better than nothing, but want to just be able to make draft classes.

Yup, sadly I'll just have to use the full player edit feature to make my own draft classes in a roundabout ghetto sort of way.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »