Home

They Heard You: Popular Community Requests Coming to Madden NFL 17's Franchise Mode

This is a discussion on They Heard You: Popular Community Requests Coming to Madden NFL 17's Franchise Mode within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-12-2016, 06:25 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: They Heard You: Popular Community Requests Coming to Madden NFL 17's Franchise Mo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnSKINS26
It doesn't happen during those players rookie years, generally. Tyler Wilson is one of the only 4th rounders in recent memory that didn't make his team's roster after his first training camp...he was just awful. And that usually goes for most 5th rounders too.
4th round is usually a push but plenty of 5th, 6th and 7th rounders get cut and put on PS or sign to another PS.

Looking at the Jets 2015 class as a quick example (because we got a player from them so it's an easy one)

Jalen Saunders (4th rounder): Cut in september of rookie season

Jeremiah George (5th rounder): Cut and placed on PS during rookie offseason, signed to Jaguars

Brandon Dixon (6th rounder): Cut during rookie offseason, signed to Tampa Bay's PS.

Quincy Enunwa (6th rounder): Cut and placed on PS during rookie offseason.

Tajh Boyd (6th rounder): Cut during rookie offseason.

That's just a small example but plenty of teams cut players during rookie offseason. Fourth rounders are rare but it does happen.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2016, 06:27 PM   #42
MVP

OVR: 19
Re: They Heard You: Popular Community Requests Coming to Madden NFL 17's Franchise Mo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedGreen710
being able to customize draft classes and share them

so people can create realistic draft classes or even ones that accurately reflect the upcoming draft classes of 2017, 2018, etc
We have access to do so, but I think someone noted they can't be shared.
Gamers got to put some of their own elbow grease into improving their CFM experience!!!

Just need clarification if this is before or after the Draft.
Just having the ability is what we wanted though, so it's a win either way in my books.
Attached Images
File Type: png image.png (221.1 KB, 280 views)

Last edited by khaliib; 06-12-2016 at 06:29 PM.
Old 06-12-2016, 06:29 PM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 0

I wonder if team roster export made it in. This allow you to scrimmage with your CFM team outside the online franchise mode.
Old 06-12-2016, 06:32 PM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboyc
I wonder if team roster export made it in. This allow you to scrimmage with your CFM team outside the online franchise mode.
Really hope so, used to love doing a fantasy draft with someone and then exporting the teams and playing them whenever we wanted.
Old 06-12-2016, 06:32 PM   #45
I bent my Wookiee!

alifeincomplete's Arena

OVR: 11

This was the information I was waiting for. Thank you, EA - preordered on Amazon a minute ago. A big Bart Scott "Can't wait!"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2016, 06:33 PM   #46
Pro

OVR: 7
Still no weekly wrap up show?
Old 06-12-2016, 06:58 PM   #47
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
They Heard You: Popular Community Requests Coming to Madden NFL 17's Franchise Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnSKINS26
Practice Squads seem superfluous unless you get a prompt when another team tries to "steal" a player and sign them to their 53...you should get a chance to offer them an equal or better contract, so you can make a cut and activate them to the 53 yourself, as most players prefer to stay with the team who gave them a shot and whose playbook they've been learning in real life anyways.

If that doesn't happen, then not many people are going to risk extremely athletic, freakish, or potentially high-ceiling young players on their Practice Squad, they'll make room for them on the 53. And then the Practice Squad will be ignored almost completely.

Teams in real life do not get an opportunity to match a practice squad player signing an offer sheet to join the active roster of a new team, AFAIK. A player may reject an offer to join an active roster, but the original team has no say in the matter. What you are asking for, if my understanding is correct, isn't "sim".

As to how users handle their practice squads, that's part of the risk. If I am playing as the Seahawks, Earl Thomas gets injured, and I kept the rangy athlete at FS2 who is nowhere near ready to play on my 53 (very low AWR / PRC / PUR ratings) rather than a less athletic but more mentally capable backup, that's my fault in managing my roster to not overcome that circumstance properly, is it not?
Old 06-12-2016, 07:01 PM   #48
Pro

StayPlation82's Arena

OVR: 12

"Just like in the real-world, your Practice Squad players are free agents and can be poached by other teams for their active roster."

From the blog

Sent from my SM-T237P using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »