Home

They Heard You: Popular Community Requests Coming to Madden NFL 17's Franchise Mode

This is a discussion on They Heard You: Popular Community Requests Coming to Madden NFL 17's Franchise Mode within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-12-2016, 07:14 PM   #49
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: They Heard You: Popular Community Requests Coming to Madden NFL 17's Franchise Mo

I haven't played in a few years, is injured reserve working properly? If I lose a guy for the year and place him on IR, will it free up a roster spot so I can promote someone from the practice squad or is IR still not freeing up a roster spot?
Old 06-12-2016, 07:14 PM   #50
Pro

asu666's Arena

OVR: 34
"Around The League Score Ticker: Be immersed in Sunday football, with the new Around The League Score Ticker. While playing your game, you will see score updates occur from games around the league. For example, if you’re playing a 1pm Sunday game, you will see score updates and stat lines for all the other 1pm games."

Finally carried over from NCAA 14. Thank you EA. Now get to work on in-game score cut-ins and a decent halftime show.
Old 06-12-2016, 07:18 PM   #51
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: They Heard You: Popular Community Requests Coming to Madden NFL 17's Franchise Mo

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
Teams in real life do not get an opportunity to match a practice squad player signing an offer sheet to join the active roster of a new team, AFAIK. A player may reject an offer to join an active roster, but the original team has no say in the matter. What you are asking for, if my understanding is correct, isn't "sim".

As to how users handle their practice squads, that's part of the risk. If I am playing as the Seahawks, Earl Thomas gets injured, and I kept the rangy athlete at FS2 who is nowhere near ready to play on my 53 (very low AWR / PRC / PUR ratings) rather than a less athletic but more mentally capable backup, that's my fault in managing my roster to not overcome that circumstance properly, is it not?
You don't get the opportunity to officially match an offer if another team tries to steal one of your guys, but I would think the player's agent would at least give his team a heads up to see if they have any interest in trying to keep him
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2016, 07:20 PM   #52
Rookie

The Senator's Arena

OVR: 0

FULL PLAYER EDIT!!

I was already 90% in just based off of all the gameplay additions. Now you guys get new commentators, put in freakin' practice squads and give me full roster edit, including salary and stats during the season? Change that 90% to 100%.
Old 06-12-2016, 07:21 PM   #53
MVP

OVR: 2

I think it is great that we have full customization with the rookies this year, but I am not sure that it does much for me if I cannot do it prior to the draft. It will not draw me into the experience whatsoever, so it is a big miss IMO. I hate the idea of taking John Doe at a 72 and turning him into a real prospect at an 82. Seems cheap for some reason.

What that being said, I am glad that they listened.
Old 06-12-2016, 07:27 PM   #54
MVP

Unlucky 13's Arena

OVR: 4

The way that they phrased it has me a little worried:

Quote:
As the commissioner in your league, you now have the ability to customize almost everything about all the players.
This makes it sound like an online feature. Can anyone confirm that its there for single player offline franchise? Beyond that, I'm excited for all of the additions. A lot of great stuff. Crossing my fingers its in there for everyone.
Old 06-12-2016, 07:27 PM   #55
Rookie

OVR: 2

Anyone hear anything on them unrealisticlly dropping players attributes majorly at the age of 30 and beyond. For example a player speed could be 93 and once he turn 30 or 31 his speeds drops to 86 or something along those lines. It kills Free Agency with 95 overall players you cant use simply b/c of being butchered in speed at age of 30.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2016, 07:34 PM   #56
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unlucky 13
The way that they phrased it has me a little worried:

This makes it sound like an online feature. Can anyone confirm that its there for single player offline franchise? Beyond that, I'm excited for all of the additions. A lot of great stuff. Crossing my fingers its in there for everyone.
That would be a bummer. Hopefully it's for online and offline CFM's

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »