Home

FBG RAtings for new madden

This is a discussion on FBG RAtings for new madden within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-14-2016, 09:45 PM   #9
MVP

MajorSupreme's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: FBG RAtings for new madden

I definitely think a global ratings editor would be awesome. I just really want Dan and Co. to come through on a last hurrah of sorts.
Old 06-14-2016, 10:49 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorSupreme
I definitely think a global ratings editor would be awesome. I just really want Dan and Co. to come through on a last hurrah of sorts.
I am doing it all myself. Mapping real players with the available players to scout so "Landon Johnson" is mapped as Dalvin Cook, for example. Whoever he gets drafted by will actually get Dalvin. Will make very small edits for attributes if something is too far off. Already have a list by position crafted for Years 1-3.

It's not ideal, but man it's so much better than nothing. This was the single largest make or break for me in CFM.
Old 06-15-2016, 01:18 AM   #11
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Last I heard, Dan was done with Madden ratings and transitioning his data over to a new format for display on a new web site. Been a minute since I spoke with him though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2016, 01:30 PM   #12
MVP

DCEBB2001's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
I was thinking about this, but I remember Dan saying that he was moving on to more of a NFLScout type deal, going away from Madden. But I feel like I also remember him saying he would be open to doing the rosters again if Madden offered full player customization/customizable draft classes, which we have now.
That's correct. The data has been transitioned over to a new format that will allow for me to display a true representation of talent online without violating my NDAs. The new site isn't live yet, but we are hoping to launch in August. Unless the draft classes are allowed to be edited and shared externally, I will not be going back to doing Madden ratings.

However, 83evans seems to have things all figured out, so you may want to contact him. I thought someone like that would be a good usher for the FBG site but he isn't a fan of my work:

FBGs ratings are the worst I ever seen. Even before this season how does Odel beckam have 50-60 spc rating. Charles clay has under 20 on all blocking attributes, when he is an established blocker. Garrison Sanborn (LS) has better a receiver,ball carrier, and speed ratings than a lot of skill players in the NFL. Try again with that pathetic rating scheme

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-spread-2.html
NFL Scout
www.nfldraftscout.com/members

Petition to EA for FBG Ratings:
https://www.change.org/p/ea-sports-t...bers-index-php
Old 06-26-2016, 01:33 PM   #13
MVP

DCEBB2001's Arena

Quote:
If we had an external ratings editor, which we asked EA for, this would be a done deal. My editors are pretty worn out from last year and although global editing is a step in the right direction, we needed a utility from EA in order to be more efficient. They never gave us an answer back to that request, so they obviously are not interested. It likely is a matter of having "control" over the content, but who knows for sure. Our last attempts to get verification back in December were met with static.
NFL Scout

Old 06-26-2016, 01:42 PM   #14
MVP

DCEBB2001's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
Last I heard, Dan was done with Madden ratings and transitioning his data over to a new format for display on a new web site. Been a minute since I spoke with him though.
One thing I want to make very clear is that EA can change the direction of this. They seemed very interested in December, but never followed up with us, even after our request to get an update to the status of FBG being in the game. The last official contact I had from Rex was on 12/2/2015, and it sounded promising:

"Hey Dan –
The proposal I am going to make to the producers here is what we call a ‘Live Tile’ that would appear on the main menu. The live tile would be themed with the FBG Rosters. Clicking the tile would link people directly to the ‘Download Community Files’ where your content would be featured.

Not sure if we can do this for 16 but I’d like to plan it in advance for 17. We would ideally make this title go live the same week as you guys completed your roster sets.

If we can do it for 16, what date is your full roster planned to go live to the public?

Again, no promises this is just where I wanted to start with you and your rosters.

- Rex"

At that point, it was in EA's hands to make something of it. We have not been contact since. So, the decision was made to move on. What many people at OS may fail to realize is that the data that drove FBG was not only used by Madden gamers, but also by people doing fantasy football. I get a lot of emails about the implications that these grades may have on fantasy drafts. I know of a couple online leagues that specifically wanted to use our stuff to drive their leagues. The applications are still out there for this data, but I think we can give the public a better format.

With Madden, we are forced to work within their parameters. With the new site, we can display the data in the format it was meant to be interpreted in. That being said, I still have all of the FBG formulas to easily turn this thing back, but unless we see that the juice is worth the squeeze, it is officially dead.
NFL Scout

Old 06-26-2016, 03:09 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

vtcrb's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEBB2001
One thing I want to make very clear is that EA can change the direction of this. They seemed very interested in December, but never followed up with us, even after our request to get an update to the status of FBG being in the game. The last official contact I had from Rex was on 12/2/2015, and it sounded promising:

"Hey Dan –
The proposal I am going to make to the producers here is what we call a ‘Live Tile’ that would appear on the main menu. The live tile would be themed with the FBG Rosters. Clicking the tile would link people directly to the ‘Download Community Files’ where your content would be featured.

Not sure if we can do this for 16 but I’d like to plan it in advance for 17. We would ideally make this title go live the same week as you guys completed your roster sets.

If we can do it for 16, what date is your full roster planned to go live to the public?

Again, no promises this is just where I wanted to start with you and your rosters.

- Rex"

At that point, it was in EA's hands to make something of it. We have not been contact since. So, the decision was made to move on. What many people at OS may fail to realize is that the data that drove FBG was not only used by Madden gamers, but also by people doing fantasy football. I get a lot of emails about the implications that these grades may have on fantasy drafts. I know of a couple online leagues that specifically wanted to use our stuff to drive their leagues. The applications are still out there for this data, but I think we can give the public a better format.

With Madden, we are forced to work within their parameters. With the new site, we can display the data in the format it was meant to be interpreted in. That being said, I still have all of the FBG formulas to easily turn this thing back, but unless we see that the juice is worth the squeeze, it is officially dead.
So if I read this correctly your Roster was just going to be featured in Downloads? Doesn't seem as they were planning on implementing your work into Official Release of game or Roster Updates but they were going to Feature it. Kinda of an odd thing to offer, but seems like they were recognizing your work.

Twitter: @VTCRBTEC

Youtube Channel:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKL...1uva35l4zFEofg

Roster Editing for Over a Decade
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2016, 09:46 PM   #16
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEBB2001

"Hey Dan –

- Rex"

Well I tried. I am still impressed with your 16 rosters. If I had the time and resources I would definitely pick up the mantle since there was a lot of potential there where you truly have to play to your strength and cover up weaknesses. Strategy played a bigger role in the game. I wish people would have looked past the ratings and instead played it for themselves to get a feel for them. RIP

Sent from my LG-AS991 using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »