Home

5/11 (45%) of your offensive players WILL NEVER GET INJURED in Madden 17

This is a discussion on 5/11 (45%) of your offensive players WILL NEVER GET INJURED in Madden 17 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-13-2016, 10:52 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48
Re: 5/11 (45%) of your offensive players WILL NEVER GET INJURED in Madden 17

From a competitive standpoint....I get it. OL is the one position you will never have control of in a game, so any injuries to that position are 100% decided by (bad) luck and percentage chance based on ratings. The tournament/casual crowd probably doesn't want that - heck, there was more complaining from that group about penalties this past year than just about any previous - because it takes away from the control they have over what happens on the field.

That said, this is something that is definitely a glaring omission from the simulation side of things, which goes against the philosophy this development team seems to have.
Old 06-13-2016, 10:56 PM   #10
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
From a competitive standpoint....I get it. OL is the one position you will never have control of in a game, so any injuries to that position are 100% decided by (bad) luck and percentage chance based on ratings. The tournament/casual crowd probably doesn't want that - heck, there was more complaining from that group about penalties this past year than just about any previous - because it takes away from the control they have over what happens on the field.

That said, this is something that is definitely a glaring omission from the simulation side of things, which goes against the philosophy this development team seems to have.
Speaking of penalties.....they better not have messed with that. 16 was glorious yet maddening at the same time.....in a very good way.

Don't touch it. Just enhance it even more to give us a wider variety of calls.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 06-13-2016, 11:12 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
I wonder what about implementing off-ball injuries would break the game. I'd be curious to know more about the obstacles from a design perspective.
I get that the current injury system may be collision based and since OL arent involed in tackles the current system doesnt have an answer but good lord its been a decade plus and this still hasnt been fixed.

And non contact injuries are such a huge part of NFL life. Jordy Nelson?!

I developed the training camp and offseason conditioning module for Madden Amp years ago. It was/is a utility for Madden 08 PC. I do some minor game development in my spare time these days.

I know a bit about game development. At least enough to know introducing code that runs at end of each play generating a random percent chance of OL injury based on a variable like player inury rating is something they should be able to do as tactical short term break fix.

I mean they added in practice squads, ticker, whole new sim mode, big decisions, game planning, ball physics, and blocked kicks.

Head coach 09 even had body part specific durability. Its fricking 2016!! Cmon EA!

I have to admit I am disapointed upon hearing that they didnt finally overhaul the archaic decades old injury system or at least introduce OL injuries with some sort of smoke and mirrors random pre canned animation. Maybe Im in the minority though and people playing this game dont really care about realistic injuries like I do. Hope Im wrong though.

Not having to deal with any OL injuries is such an immersion killer. Bummer.

Last comment... Im bothered more by the fact they clearly did in fact touch injuries by adding in big decisions to play a guy hurt yet completely neglected 45% of the offense from even getting hurt every play.

Last edited by bakersville123; 06-13-2016 at 11:20 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2016, 11:20 PM   #12

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid
Agreed 1000%. No reason we shouldn't have off ball and non contact injuries for every position already
I wouldn't even put this in the category of non-contact/off ball injuries.

Saying it won't happen for offensive linemen is inexcusable.

I want off ball penalties as much as anyone but if it can't even happen when an o-lineman is involved in the play I just don't get it.

Won't ruin it for me but this is just a head scratcher.
Old 06-13-2016, 11:34 PM   #13
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

This doesnt effect me at all given that I control all 32 teams and can get OL injuries through sims but......

....This is ridiculous. It cant be that difficult to code the game so an OL is injured. At this point, I think people would be OK if injuries occurred to OL and there wasnt a specific animation that showed how they were hurt.
Old 06-13-2016, 11:45 PM   #14
Rookie

tosa's Arena

OVR: 10

This really sucks, whats the point of roster management if injuries dont exist. It takes away from free agency, practice squads and draft because depth at half of your offensive positions does not matter
Attached Images
File Type: gif whats-the-point.gif (475.3 KB, 586 views)
Old 06-13-2016, 11:47 PM   #15
Rookie

NeuroDuck's Arena

OVR: 0

I've lived without it this long and never really noticed so i'm not that concerned. It'd be really nice but i'd imagine the programming behind it is really difficult. Programming is tricky even when you hire the best, plus everyone has to be on the same page with each development portion of the game. I give these guys some slack.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2016, 11:53 PM   #16
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
This doesnt effect me at all given that I control all 32 teams and can get OL injuries through sims but......

....This is ridiculous. It cant be that difficult to code the game so an OL is injured. At this point, I think people would be OK if injuries occurred to OL and there wasnt a specific animation that showed how they were hurt.
I think it was Clint who mentioned that when they've experimented with it it really broke the game. I tried to dig through twitter to find exactly how it was explained (when the question was asked and discussed last year), but couldn't find it.

A post-play cutscene would be a fine temporary solution. It really wouldn't be too bad since a lot of o-line injuries are non-contact joint, ligament, muscle injuries. Obviously you'd like to see it happen on the field, but I believe that is where the difficulty in implementation is.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »