Home

5/11 (45%) of your offensive players WILL NEVER GET INJURED in Madden 17

This is a discussion on 5/11 (45%) of your offensive players WILL NEVER GET INJURED in Madden 17 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-14-2016, 05:53 AM   #33
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: 5/11 (45%) of your offensive players WILL NEVER GET INJURED in Madden 17

In the game 10 years ago.....but for some reason, cant be in the game today.

Gimme a break.

I had high hopes for this game about a week ago, but in the last 48 hours, Ive been reminded of why I havent bought this game since Madden 12, and wont be buying it again this year either.

Its one thing for something really advanced not to be in the game....and heck, I can at least KIND OF understand why custom draft classes arent in it. But something as basic as this being broken? Are you kidding me?

I can respect that there have SEEMINGLY been alot of improvements made to Madden this year.....so maybe its on the right track.....but as with every years with Madden, there is no excuse for certain things that are missing from this game....especially things that were in games 10 years ago.
Old 06-14-2016, 06:23 AM   #34
Rookie

sir psycho's Arena

OVR: 3

It really sucks for sure, and is something they need to get in next year. I wonder if moving to Frostbite will make off-ball injuries easier to work in.

For this year, I'll probably just supersim several plays per game, and "hope" for an injury to an o-lineman on my team. Not what I want to do, but it's better than nothing, I guess.
Old 06-14-2016, 06:27 AM   #35
Rookie

eastcoast49ers's Arena

OVR: 2

I'm frustrated that this isn't in the game, but it doesn't really kill Madden 17 for me. I enjoyed 16 w/o O-line injuries and 17 will be an even better game. Going into 17, my personal wishlist was:

- Formation Subs in the menu
- Practice Squads
- Supersim fixed
- Draftboard
- Defensive Assignments

I got 2 out of 5 and i trust in Rex. They can't give us everything in one dev cycle.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2016, 07:22 AM   #36
MVP

Mattanite's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastcoast49ers
I'm frustrated that this isn't in the game, but it doesn't really kill Madden 17 for me. I enjoyed 16 w/o O-line injuries and 17 will be an even better game. Going into 17, my personal wishlist was:

- Formation Subs in the menu
- Practice Squads
- Supersim fixed
- Draftboard
- Defensive Assignments

I got 2 out of 5 and i trust in Rex. They can't give us everything in one dev cycle.
Agreed, there is enough improvement to get excited and warrant a purchase. At least progressive(ish) injuries are in and you can have only 8 Oline but carry the remaining OL on your practise squad in case there is a sim injury

I take it out of the 2 you meant No2 and No3. I have a hope No1, No4 and No5 will get patched in during the next year
Old 06-14-2016, 07:33 AM   #37
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockoRock
In the game 10 years ago.....but for some reason, cant be in the game today.

Gimme a break.

I had high hopes for this game about a week ago, but in the last 48 hours, Ive been reminded of why I havent bought this game since Madden 12, and wont be buying it again this year either.

Its one thing for something really advanced not to be in the game....and heck, I can at least KIND OF understand why custom draft classes arent in it. But something as basic as this being broken? Are you kidding me?

I can respect that there have SEEMINGLY been alot of improvements made to Madden this year.....so maybe its on the right track.....but as with every years with Madden, there is no excuse for certain things that are missing from this game....especially things that were in games 10 years ago.

I remember years ago there was a joke on here about the Madden engine and that college interns must of created it, now I'm thinking that may not be a joke. I say wait for Madden to move over to Frostbite before you purchase, if the current engine can't do what an engine could do 10 years ago then it's time for a new engine.
Old 06-14-2016, 07:39 AM   #38
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy
These are my feelings as well. There was a good discussion on twitter going on with Clint last year about this and he seemed to want it as well. He didn't promise anything, and has consistently said it's something that's really hard to implement without breaking the game, but I was hoping we'd get it somehow this year. Not calling out the devs at all—just disappointed it couldn't get in.

I'm with OP, I'd take canned injury animation/scene based on percentage rolled every play based on injury rating.

How common a storyline is piecing together an o-line as you get deeper in the season?
I'm with everyone else on this, this should be in the game post haste, but if it's breaking the game like draft classes, I'd prefer to wait for the frostbite engine implementation.

I do hope it's as easy as 1, 2, 3, but I have a feeling BP is correct.
Old 06-14-2016, 08:06 AM   #39
S**c*d* P**l C*-Ch*mp**n

OVR: 40

A workaround I'm thinking since we now have total roster editing we could reduce the injury rating for all OL. We would get OL injury on returns, int's and fumble scenarios..
Old 06-14-2016, 08:26 AM   #40
Pro

OVR: 6

This is very disappointing.

I don't know the exact #'s but I would guess that OL injuries are more common than most. Knees and ankles. Getting stepped on, rolled up on, chopped, etc.

Shouldn't be that hard to add a random % chance for OL injury and have 2 cut scenes, one for holding knee, other for holding ankle, and just toss those in there.

Maybe it's something they can patch later on.
NBA: Charlotte Hornets
NHL: Carolina Hurricanes

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »