Home

Madden 16 Championship

This is a discussion on Madden 16 Championship within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-15-2016, 01:28 PM   #49
Banned

OVR: 5
Re: Madden 16 Championship

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
The sooner we stop demonizing the tournament subsection of the Madden community and accept that there is more than one way to enjoy Madden the video game, the better off the Madden community will be as a whole.
The sooner we have game options to provide the different ways to enjoy Madden, the better off the Madden community will be as a whole. I don't really see sim options in Madden. I see one Madden that people are forced to create artificial boundaries and pray they can find like minded gamer's.

I'm not sure why people are so against options built into the game.
Old 06-15-2016, 01:32 PM   #50
MVP

OVR: 1

I choose to play sim, but if the FB dive worked in real life like it does in the game you'd see it just as much in real life as you do in the tourney. It's a problem with the game that it works but it's not up to the tourney players to fix it.
Old 06-15-2016, 01:33 PM   #51
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Madden 16 Championship

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
The sooner we have game options to provide the different ways to enjoy Madden, the better off the Madden community will be as a whole. I don't really see sim options in Madden. I see one Madden that people are forced to create artificial boundaries and pray they can find like minded gamer's.

I'm not sure why people are so against options built into the game.

Sim players do have options: choosing to punt; playing private matches against friends online in online unranked, Ultimate Team, and Draft Champions; and playing in private invite-only online Franchises. The tourney crowd conversely has the option of never punting and playing in public queues and leagues.

These filtering options you speak of already exist.

As to "Fair Play" options, as soon as we can agree on what "Fair Play" actually means, I'm all for it. There's no consensus right now, however. See my example above.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2016, 01:34 PM   #52
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godgers12
Watching this "Madden Championship" aka the Mozzarella Cheese Bowl, made me laugh. These guys are only good because they know how to break the AI more than most, I'm also pretty sure that one guy was nanoing. I would beat both these clowns in a sim environment. I bet they'd both be lost if they had to follow a set of just basic sim rules.
See that's on the developers though, you're asking players to handicap themselves and purposely not use all the tools that the game allows them to use. Why should they do that when the game lets them have great success doing what they do. If the gameplay mechanics reveal that this is the best way to do things, then it's reasonable for them to play that way.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 06-15-2016, 01:34 PM   #53
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
Problem with EA forcing sim rules on everyone is that no one agrees what "sim" rules are.

Example - 4th and 3 on my own 45 yard line and I'm up by 1 in the second quarter. Should I be forced to punt? Is going for it in this situation "not sim"?

As someone who swears by the new wave of football analytics, the fourth down calculators I can find say that this is a "go for it" situation. However, I imagine most NFL head coaches, who tend to call games conservatively to a fault, would punt. Which is more sim, then: being forced to do what NFL coaches do and give my opponent the ball back, or making an educated decision to go for it backed by math and analytic data?

Bear in mind when making that decision that some of the more aggressive analytic models suggest going for it on 4th and 1 every time once you cross your own 25 yard line.
Agreed and trust me I get it... But they did it once before with fair play. I'm sure it might be hard to implement though, but they could come up with some barometers to set in place on 4th downs that factor in things like...

- field position
- score (winning or losing)
- time in game
- 4th and short / medium / or long
- 1st half / 2nd half

Average it all out... Again it could be a sim mode option for online. If you don't want to play this way and want more freedom to do whatever you want then don't play sim mode. For those of us who do then play sim mode. We would have to understand playing this mode would handicap us in some decisions. This way we can all enjoy playing online. As is now its a crapshoot and I rarely play online anymore unless it's in a league game or its against my friends or brothers because I don't have fun playing against guys who play like what we just watched.

If there was a punt rule on 4th down would we see players go for it on 3rd and 2 with a fb dive knowing they can run it again on 4th down if they didnt get a 1st down? I'd venture off to say we might see more passes in that situation. I agree with some of the people who have said if the game played a better brand of football a lot of this could be eliminated. Hopefully this zone defense and gap assignments go a long ways in getting us closer to real football where running fb dive or 4 verts all game are a recipe for disaster and are a thing of the past. Lastly, having adaptive ai (player awareness to read if same play is being called) or if a alert was given (in play call screen) if a player is running the same play in the same formation over and over on offense and our players would read and cheat the play like they would irl this could go a long ways in stopping these money plays no matter what they are as we all know there will always be a few that these guys will find...
Old 06-15-2016, 01:38 PM   #54
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

I'll bring this up, I don't even need to venture over to the 2k forums that the tournament NBA 2k held in Feb. was a cheesefest. (based on my memory from that thread and around the net) Score the most points, etc.......

Also, esports will be becoming more and more popular, and I don't even know what the heck that is all about.

Last edited by roadman; 06-15-2016 at 01:40 PM.
Old 06-15-2016, 01:38 PM   #55
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
"Reasonable" is subjective and relative.
Seriously, are you trolling me with this type stuff or something? I'm not upset about it yet I hate to use "lol" because that can come across flippant sometimes. Should I just pick out words from your post and state obvious facts about them too, "subjective" is relative and "relative" is subjective. That does nothing to further the discussion from either of us. I respect your opinion on this, we just disagree.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2016, 01:38 PM   #56
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
I think there maybe a misunderstanding, I referring specifically to events like this Madden Championship, enforcing rules and regulations for something like that wouldn't be difficult. To put it another way, the past OS communities and current online leagues now with like minded gamers that already have a proclivity to try to play as realistic as possible, are the type of gamers something like that would attract. I'm saying the regulations and modes they set for these type of events, directly correlate to the type of game play we see.

I think I understand what your saying. I was just using a online CFM as and example of how hard it is to get like minded sim player to agree on and abide by rules so it would be tough in a tourney environment. They probably don't feel it's worth it.

Unless they have fair play type rules built in the game specifically for a tourney. I have a feeling most tourney guys would hate it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »