Home

Madden NFL 17 Video - Broadcast Presentation Package

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 17 Video - Broadcast Presentation Package within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-17-2016, 08:10 PM   #49
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Madden NFL 17 Video - Broadcast Presentation Package

I hope all the real life footage is gone. I really don't like that being mixed into the game. All in engine stuff is the best, IMO.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 06-17-2016, 08:13 PM   #50
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBleedingRed21
I hate seeing guys say it's kids playing madden that enjoy these, I'm a grown man with two children and I think this is cool especially with unique intros.

I'm wondering what day of the week these are from?

Lol. Well, I said that kids would dig this. I didn't mean to alienate the old guys (I'm an old guy and I have no problem with these intros). Maybe, to rephrase a little, I would think that a greater % of kids would really dig the 'swagger', but there's no reason grown men can't as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-17-2016, 09:19 PM   #51
The Answer

Dmanning2's Arena

player intros are fine. It's better than getting the same ones for the last two years
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2016, 10:27 PM   #52
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
Good stuff.

@EA_White Will the intros still look like this when I'm in year 10 of CFM and these guys are retired? https://t.co/GxgPf2e6Kv

@jpdavis1982 yes, but we have unique intros for Sunday, Monday, Thursday Primetime, playoffs, and each week of season

https://twitter.com/EA_White/status/743936963934294016

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
can we please get some conformation that it wont show the same players every year? (even if they are retired or off the team). because he didn't specify otherwise, his reply would suggest that the intros are the same, players included, even after the players are retired. if I've traded J.J Watt I dont want to see him on the Texans intro - for example.
Old 06-17-2016, 10:31 PM   #53
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

I don't see the ambiguity. He said yes, but then clarified that there are a variety of intros (though that might not mean it's different clips per intro either).

So yeah, if you're on year 20, it will be the same clips playing. It'd be cool if it was more dynamic but I'm happy with the improvement overall.
Old 06-17-2016, 10:37 PM   #54
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
I don't see the ambiguity. He said yes, but then clarified that there are a variety of intros (though that might not mean it's different clips per intro either).

So yeah, if you're on year 20, it will be the same clips playing. It'd be cool if it was more dynamic but I'm happy with the improvement overall.
well, on the dev tweets thread there is some doubt (and some stating the opposite) so I'm not sure. Im really hoping the players will change as my team changes. If it shows players who aren't on my team anymore (or my opponents) every game its a huge immersion killer and I personally wouldn't really care how cool and fancy the new intros look. that would completely ruin it for me.

Last edited by BleedGreen710; 06-17-2016 at 10:41 PM.
Old 06-17-2016, 10:47 PM   #55
Just started!

So I want to start off and say that I am a British NFL fan, been falling in love with the sport for the past 3 years and for Sundays are now solely for watching and embracing the NFL.

Lets talk Madden, boy do i get hyped about this game. I bloody love it, the thought of building and moulding your team to glory is incredibly appealing to me. However, I do have a few issues that I aren't overly pleased about.

The gameplay for me pretty much perfect, although it does feel like its party popper, all bang and no paper streamers. Here is my view on Madden specifically the Franchise mode and where it could be improved.

For me there is no 'World', at the moment its a selection of menus that you rinse and repeat after every game. I don't feel involved with the other 31 teams theres nothing there that links me to them.

The start of every game I play feels like I have been there before, I have seen the 15 man generic huddle. The coach pacing the sideline its old hat now. As a Brit watching the NFL, I love the over the topness, the patriotism, the excitement. I don't feel that at all and its lacking. An NFL season is incredibly short, 16 games and its over for most teams so each game should be an occasion. A celebration of the game thats going to take place.

Where's the National Anthem? The American Flag on the field? The fly over? The buildup outside the stadiums with the tailgates.

Each team and city has this unique culture and environment, why cant we see city landmarks like the Empire State building or Times Square. It adds to the character of a team, it inspires me knowing I am playing for a city. And If i am the away team this makes me feel like I'm at an away game, the stadium flyover adds to the tension as I know i am in unfamiliar territory. The broadcasters have this and it really showcases the game.

Why can't we have crowds emptying during the fourth quarter? If im blowing out a team on their home turf, I have earned the right to see their fans disappointed, not still cheering in their generic one colour t shirts. This takes away the immersion for me.

Could we get starting lineup entrances where they announce the players? Ive built my franchise i want to feel like I'm showing my stars off to the crowd.

Playing an MNF game could they not advertise the next MNF game coming up next week, this would add to the 'being in the NFL world' and subliminally make me away of other games going on.

So i feel like this bit I'm about to say may sound like a rant but it shouldn't, why do certain features never get built upon. For example during certain games you get a scene with a QB spinning the ball after hes been sacked 5 times/made several epic passes. Why hasnt this been developed further by adding stats about his longest pass of the game, how many completions etc.

Another example is the metallic stadium intro we've had for the past 2 Maddens. Sure they have replaced it with this new rock concert intro but they could of developed the old intro further by during the metallic stadium into the blimp cam, checking out the local atmosphere. Could show highlights from previous games between the two teams, storylines between the coaches.

At the moment i find the developers are taking away something and adding something new which does essentially the same job.

Madden is packaged with 32 licensed teams i feel it should be taking advantage of this a lot more. Other sports games like MLB and NBA2k do this so much better with leagues that have 84/100+ games a season. NFL has 16 games, there shouldn't be excuses as to why this isn't breaking new ground.

The time it takes to code a new RB spin move seems like less time than filming the tutorial to show off the feature to us.

Its a bit late here and couldn't sleep so started thinking about Madden, I'm excited for Madden 17 of course but feeling slightly underwhelmed. I do want to say that the Commentary team sounds incredible, I am excited for sure to play the game and will obviously buy it regardless if the teams were The Bay Area Pirates or the QBs were Tim Brody.

Maybe thats the problem, id buy the game regardless because I love football.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2016, 11:08 PM   #56
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedGreen710
well, on the dev tweets thread there is some doubt (and some stating the opposite) so I'm not sure. Im really hoping the players will change as my team changes. If it shows players who aren't on my team anymore (or my opponents) every game its a huge immersion killer and I personally wouldn't really care how cool and fancy the new intros look. that would completely ruin it for me.
It should show the players you currently have on your roster just like it did in 16. If it doesn't and it just shows the same players no matter if you're in year 1 or year 8 of your CFM then that will be just bad. I don't know why they would even go through the trouble of making the new line up screen just to have the same players on it. They should have just kept it like it was if this is the case.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »