Home

Madden NFL 17 Video - Broadcast Presentation Package

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 17 Video - Broadcast Presentation Package within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-18-2016, 12:46 AM   #65
MVP

OVR: 8
Re: Madden NFL 17 Video - Broadcast Presentation Package

When was the last time a sports game had presentation elements showing players that weren't on the team? I don't see how this is an issue. The players change but the video stays the same. It's simple.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2016, 12:56 AM   #66
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

I don't see why people are confused. The video intro is static - confirmed by the tweet, with different versions for different broadcasts, and then goes into your lineup which is based on your actual starting lineup and I'd displayed in engine.

The video is this year's stadium render/transition and the lineup is your on-field in-engine presentation like the QB walkouts least season.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Last edited by mestevo; 06-18-2016 at 01:04 AM.
Old 06-18-2016, 04:41 AM   #67
Rookie

cuoreceltico's Arena

OVR: 0
The really things count on presentation is that would be very various otherwise, after 5 games simply people skip them, the madden develop team should be understanding that the only way to get much more deep in the game presentation would be part of the game, like player interview, coach press conference that have some influences of impact of the game that will be played. Presentation without any sort of interaction became boring very soon.
Old 06-18-2016, 05:10 AM   #68
Rookie

Personally I'm just hoping this year there's a way to have the presentation enabled in player vs player cfm online. I hate how things like replays on challenges and other presentation elements are skipped on those, why not have it like fifa where each player gets a "skip" and when both have pressed the button it then skips it
Old 06-18-2016, 07:34 AM   #69
Pro

wallofhate's Arena

OVR: 8
Those line up pics showed us equipment guys what we've been asking for. The lineman have different color combo than the wr,te and rb's. The linemen have black and white cleats while the others have team color cleats.
Old 06-18-2016, 10:59 AM   #70
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritishFootball
So I want to start off and say that I am a British NFL fan, been falling in love with the sport for the past 3 years and for Sundays are now solely for watching and embracing the NFL.

Lets talk Madden, boy do i get hyped about this game. I bloody love it, the thought of building and moulding your team to glory is incredibly appealing to me. However, I do have a few issues that I aren't overly pleased about.

The gameplay for me pretty much perfect, although it does feel like its party popper, all bang and no paper streamers. Here is my view on Madden specifically the Franchise mode and where it could be improved.

For me there is no 'World', at the moment its a selection of menus that you rinse and repeat after every game. I don't feel involved with the other 31 teams theres nothing there that links me to them.

The start of every game I play feels like I have been there before, I have seen the 15 man generic huddle. The coach pacing the sideline its old hat now. As a Brit watching the NFL, I love the over the topness, the patriotism, the excitement. I don't feel that at all and its lacking. An NFL season is incredibly short, 16 games and its over for most teams so each game should be an occasion. A celebration of the game thats going to take place.

Where's the National Anthem? The American Flag on the field? The fly over? The buildup outside the stadiums with the tailgates.

Each team and city has this unique culture and environment, why cant we see city landmarks like the Empire State building or Times Square. It adds to the character of a team, it inspires me knowing I am playing for a city. And If i am the away team this makes me feel like I'm at an away game, the stadium flyover adds to the tension as I know i am in unfamiliar territory. The broadcasters have this and it really showcases the game.

Why can't we have crowds emptying during the fourth quarter? If im blowing out a team on their home turf, I have earned the right to see their fans disappointed, not still cheering in their generic one colour t shirts. This takes away the immersion for me.

Could we get starting lineup entrances where they announce the players? Ive built my franchise i want to feel like I'm showing my stars off to the crowd.

Playing an MNF game could they not advertise the next MNF game coming up next week, this would add to the 'being in the NFL world' and subliminally make me away of other games going on.

So i feel like this bit I'm about to say may sound like a rant but it shouldn't, why do certain features never get built upon. For example during certain games you get a scene with a QB spinning the ball after hes been sacked 5 times/made several epic passes. Why hasnt this been developed further by adding stats about his longest pass of the game, how many completions etc.

Another example is the metallic stadium intro we've had for the past 2 Maddens. Sure they have replaced it with this new rock concert intro but they could of developed the old intro further by during the metallic stadium into the blimp cam, checking out the local atmosphere. Could show highlights from previous games between the two teams, storylines between the coaches.

At the moment i find the developers are taking away something and adding something new which does essentially the same job.

Madden is packaged with 32 licensed teams i feel it should be taking advantage of this a lot more. Other sports games like MLB and NBA2k do this so much better with leagues that have 84/100+ games a season. NFL has 16 games, there shouldn't be excuses as to why this isn't breaking new ground.

The time it takes to code a new RB spin move seems like less time than filming the tutorial to show off the feature to us.

Its a bit late here and couldn't sleep so started thinking about Madden, I'm excited for Madden 17 of course but feeling slightly underwhelmed. I do want to say that the Commentary team sounds incredible, I am excited for sure to play the game and will obviously buy it regardless if the teams were The Bay Area Pirates or the QBs were Tim Brody.

Maybe thats the problem, id buy the game regardless because I love football.

Great post. Maybe, that's what ea needs, a fresh perspective from someone who didn't grow up watching NFL. I think some of the things u r looking for have prob been mentioned b4, and some of these things were in 'that other game', actually in terms of 'atmosphere'. And, I don't want to hear the entire star spangled banner every game, but u know what, that would sound nice to have a cut to 'and, the home of the brave' as the ending. Tunnel entrances would be nice, too. Although, if they announced every player, it would take awhile, but this would be a nice touch, and if we can skip everything with A button, then some could watch for immersion, and those that didn't could always skip this stuff. And, yes, I don't feel immersed in my CFM league, either, and we are complaining about that. I, personally, would love to see a weekly wrap up show that at least shows some 'fake' highlights of each game quickly recapping scores from 'around the league' or something. And, you're right, too, the menu screen is simply that, 'a menu screen'. U ever play Destiny? There are almost no 'menu screens' in that. U r in your spaceship, and u select which planet to go to and whatnot. I never thought about that type of system in madden and not sure how they could work it out, but if they could inject something like that. Like, showing even just a thumbnail of a clipboard for 'depth chart' or something. Yeah, they could actually do a lot with that, and it would be cool to see some real creativity there. I think they are doing better with the creative part, lately. But, they are still fighting bad legacy code, lol, and not sure how much time is spent on the 'creativity' dept as opposed to simply 'making the game play actual football.'
Nice to hear an outsider's opinion on madden that hits home on a lot of things that could help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-18-2016, 11:01 AM   #71
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

These look really slick. The only thing missing that stands out to me are uniform transitions throughout. On some camera changes there's a fade out. Others have a quick cut. While others have a logo swipe. It all seems disjointed but that may just be how the video was presented. Otherwise I like it.

Sent from my LG-AS991 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2016, 02:10 PM   #72
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Madden NFL 17 - Broadcast Package

Quote:
Originally Posted by Datninja619
Agreed. Felt the same way about the QB introduction. Would be better if it highlighted the star player of the offense and defense. So there's some variety.

But I could imagine the difficulty in getting all 32 teams best offensive and/defensive player a dedicated commentary and highlight clips.

Then again, I wouldn't be surprised if Richard Sherman was pissed that Earl Thomas got the highlight introduction lmbo

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk
they've always done this in years past with Madden and NCAA same old routine intro's.....

I don't think that part of presentation is going to change much at all

But I do think they should give us real NFL stadium atmosphere much like they've done NBA live series that should be easy for them accomplish

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »