Home

5 minutes of Madden 17 gameplay in this thread...

This is a discussion on 5 minutes of Madden 17 gameplay in this thread... within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-18-2016, 05:37 PM   #9
EA Sports' Equipment Guru

KANE699's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: 5 minutes of Madden 17 gameplay in this thread...

The comments on that page are hilarious.

Follow me on twitter @Equipment_Guru
Old 06-18-2016, 05:40 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyg713
If you're looking for drastically better graphics and animations, then this isn't the year for you.

So, wait til next year?
Old 06-18-2016, 05:50 PM   #11
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palm Bay Pro
So, wait til next year?
I could see some serious graphical and animation improvement when they go to the Frostbite engine. But until then I think the improvements will be minimal.

I mean relatively speaking, the Show doesn't look much better than it did last year or the year before. Same with FIFA, NHL, and NBA. All of those games got some small graphical and animation updates, but there really isn't huge leaps in the graphical and animation department in any sports game year over year.

At this point I think Madden has their priorities straight. Fix the core issues, and then worry about visual fidelity. Especially knowing they are moving to Frostbite.

Last edited by PVarck31; 06-18-2016 at 06:01 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2016, 05:58 PM   #12
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21

This video has been in the e3 video thread for a while.. Please search before creating these threads. This is the 4th one you've created today I believe.
Old 06-18-2016, 06:02 PM   #13
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBleedingRed21
This video has been in the e3 video thread for a while.. Please search before creating these threads. This is the 4th one you've created today I believe.
You are right. I knew I saw it somewhere. However, I'll let this thread remain open to discuss it since the other thread is closed temporarily.
Old 06-18-2016, 06:05 PM   #14
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

There was already a massive graphics jump from Madden 15 to Madden 16. There are going to be diminishing returns on the visual aspect. To be honest Madden 16 looked pretty darn good to me. I'm more concerned about the under the hood stuff.

Truth to tell the jump from Madden 15 to 16 was pretty substantial, so I can see why someone might be a bit disappointed if only game play was really adjusted. But honestly these changes they are talking about could not have been easy to make. Adding actual NFL zone concepts and actual NFL gap play are two huge steps, both of which you would never expect to see added in a single Madden generation.

If it comes out looking like a slightly polished Madden 16 but playing more faithfully to NFL football than ever before, I think Madden 17 will be a massive success.
Old 06-18-2016, 06:07 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palm Bay Pro
So, wait til next year?
I have no idea what they plan to do in madden 18. Everything they have added or improved for 17 has been announced. If you're a football guy and understand football strategies, concepts, etc. Then 17 will be a huge leap from 16 and any football game ever made period (based on what they claim anyways). Not to mention the improvements they've made to CFM and commentary.

However for the people who are looking for an overhauled blocking system, running, tackling... just animations in general, then it is easy to bash the dev team. They're biggest priority is getting the game to "play" like football. When is it going to start to "look" like football? I have no clue.

Last edited by johnnyg713; 06-18-2016 at 06:10 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2016, 06:10 PM   #16
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyg713
I have no idea what they plan to do in madden 18. Everything they have added or improved for 17 has been announced. If you're a football guy and understand football strategies, concepts, etc. Then 17 will be a huge leap from 16 (based on what they claim anyways). Not to mention the improvements they've made to CFM and commentary.

However for the people who are looking for an overhauled blocking system, running, blocking, tackling... just animations in general, then it is easy to bash the dev team. They're biggest priority is getting the game to "play" like football. When is it going to start to "look" like football? I have no clue
Some people act like making it play like football is some minor achievement waiting for them. If these zone concepts and gap play really make the game play closer to NFL football, that is a MASSIVE achievement for the game. The graphics are not terrible. They are pretty good as is. As long as they get the uniforms right at launch and shortly after hearing feedback from Madden players, anything else is merely window dressing.

But actual gap defense? Realistic zone play? These are huge. Game changing-huge. You'd expect one of these at best in a Madden cycle. To get two in one cycles is awesome.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »