Home

6/19/16 Madden NFL 17 Rex Dickson INTERVIEW & DETAILS - The Know (12 min 52 sec)

This is a discussion on 6/19/16 Madden NFL 17 Rex Dickson INTERVIEW & DETAILS - The Know (12 min 52 sec) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-20-2016, 12:00 PM   #25
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: 6/19/16 Madden NFL 17 Rex Dickson INTERVIEW & DETAILS - The Know (12 min 52 sec)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
SPOT ON. That is the biggest problem within the community. People don't have the will power to wait, rent, or buy used. Some people seem like they buy it just to talk about it. The game shows you what it is every year, and with the internet there is plenty of information out for you to make the proper decision. Speak with your wallet, everyone at EA understands that.....
Thats what I dont get about gamers today. We have more information now than we ever did. We have Youtube videos, Twitch streams, developer blogs. Twitter, Message Boards....information about Madden is everywhere.

So you know what you are buying before you buy it. If you are concerned about OL/DL interaction, you will have hours of footage before release. If the lack of OL injuries is a gamebreaker, you can get that info months before release.

You have EA Access where you can try the game for 10 hours. You have Gamefly where you can rent the game immediately.

You dont have to buy the game on release day. Now, I'm not saying that a person who buys the game cant complain about it. What I'm saying is that if you arent happy with the direction of the game, the only way to show EA is buy not purchasing the game. Complaining on a message board does nothing to effect their bottom line.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2016, 12:02 PM   #26
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: 6/19/16 Madden NFL 17 Rex Dickson INTERVIEW & DETAILS - The Know (12 min 52 sec)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Thats what I dont get about gamers today. We have more information now than we ever did. We have Youtube videos, Twitch streams, developer blogs. Twitter, Message Boards....information about Madden is everywhere.

So you know what you are buying before you buy it. If you are concerned about OL/DL interaction, you will have hours of footage before release. If the lack of OL injuries is a gamebreaker, you can get that info months before release.

You have EA Access where you can try the game for 10 hours. You have Gamefly where you can rent the game immediately.

You dont have to buy the game on release day. Now, I'm not saying that a person who buys the game cant complain about it. What I'm saying is that if you arent happy with the direction of the game, the only way to show EA is buy not purchasing the game. Complaining on a message board does nothing to effect their bottom line.
That's more true in other genres though. If you're not happy with the direction of Madden but love football/football video games your options are Madden or nothing. Adventure games or RPGs you have options, sports games (besides nominally basketball) you don't, other than the option to play or not to play.
Old 06-20-2016, 12:03 PM   #27
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyg713
Don't the additions of true gap play, run fits, and pattern matching eliminate a lot of these issues? From what I understand, madden 17 is going to have to be played differently to be succeful.

Maybe I'm not too familiar with these legacy issues. Four verts, toss plays, fb dive, aggressive catch, are plays I'm aware of. I'm just curious what's so game breaking that this team can't fix if/when they take the time to address it.
We'll have to wait and see. But if history has it's say, sim features on top of bad/old code doesn't change much. How many times have they reworked this, tuned that, added xyz feature? How often have we returned here with the same list of complaints the following year? How often have we complained about the reworking, tuning and new feature being unbalanced?
Old 06-20-2016, 12:11 PM   #28
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by fballturkey
That's more true in other genres though. If you're not happy with the direction of Madden but love football/football video games your options are Madden or nothing. Adventure games or RPGs you have options, sports games (besides nominally basketball) you don't, other than the option to play or not to play.

If you wanna play a football game wait a week and buy it used. There will definitely be used copies out there after a week. Don't go and buy the game new, which is helping EA's bottom line and essentially supporting their direction with the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-20-2016, 12:12 PM   #29
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
The exclusive license will ALWAYS be relevant as long as it exists when it comes to this game, and football gaming as a whole, but personally I'm tired of this as an excuse as to why people have to purchase this game, especially new. This exclusivity didn't just happen, people have had time to see what madden is and what it's becoming. People just need to have patience....

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 06-20-2016, 12:17 PM   #30
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Then you sacrifice.

Video games are a want not a need. You dont HAVE to buy a football game each year.

Because the choice is either continue to support a company that isnt giving you the game you want or show that company that you wont buy the game until they take steps to create the game you want.

I'm not just talking out of my ***. I've done this before. I played NFL 2k5 for 2 years after release because I wasnt happy with Madden. I played Madden 08 on PC for years after release because I was unhappy with some of the changes EA made to Madden with 09 and 10.
Old 06-20-2016, 12:25 PM   #31
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Then you sacrifice.

Video games are a want not a need. You dont HAVE to buy a football game each year.

Because the choice is either continue to support a company that isnt giving you the game you want or show that company that you wont buy the game until they take steps to create the game you want.

I'm not just talking out of my ***. I've done this before. I played NFL 2k5 for 2 years after release because I wasnt happy with Madden. I played Madden 08 on PC for years after release because I was unhappy with some of the changes EA made to Madden with 09 and 10.
And lived! I've owned 3 versions the past 2 generations, and 2 of them were from attending Community Days. And this is after owning and playing the hell out of every Madden from the very 1st through '04 or '05.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2016, 12:34 PM   #32
MVP

OVR: 1

I'm 50/50 right now on getting the game at all so I know that it's a choice, I'm just saying that 'so don't buy it then' isn't a good way to address people upset with the direction of the game. If the entire sim community here decided to boycott the game then nobody at EA (as in the people who only care about cost versus units shipped) would ever notice. We just aren't that big.

Honestly if you think attrition through lost sales is the avenue toward a better game, which I don't, then going around trashing the game on message boards probably has a bigger impact toward whether casual players decide to buy it than the impact if the person didn't buy it and just kept quiet. See: The NHL series a year or two ago.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »