Home

Open Roof In Franchise?

This is a discussion on Open Roof In Franchise? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-12-2016, 03:58 PM   #49
MVP

Unlucky 13's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Open Roof In Franchise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprice33
You were able to do this in preseason scheduling for non-conference games, not your pre-made conference games, unless they were already at a neutral site.

Time of day will never happen as NFL schedules are made in a very specific way and the game has to follow that.
Even back on the PS1? I seem to remember frequently choosing games at NFL stadiums even in conference back then. Either way, I understand its not something thats likely coming back. Those of us who want a total control offline franchise lose out to the whims of the rest of the players, and the NFL itself.
Old 07-18-2016, 02:31 PM   #50
Banned

Brightline's Arena

OVR: 0

Apologies for taking a bit to respond.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
Connected Franchise cannot simultaneously be the most popular mode in the game and also a failure. If the mode is a failure, no one would play it, and we wouldn't be having this conversation.

I think a mode can be popular and be failure in at least two ways. (1) As the only franchise mode in the game (and only NFL franchise mode available) it wins by default with anyone looking for NFL franchise mode; and (2) it fails as sim representation of the NFL

And we know for a fact that not pursuing CFM would have produced a more favorable result in your opinion because...?

I cant prove a negative with certainty. But as evidence, please note how customization was virtually eliminated with the introduction of CCM. Even editing player ratings took 4 years to implement. I don't think that my assumption that a single player mode would have more customization is a stretch, but I cannot prove it with certainty.

We also would have revolted if online franchise didn't have feature parity with offline franchise, which was the case to an extreme degree in Madden 10 through Madden 12, and based on EA's reasoning for pursuing CFM in the first place - shared tech - that would have most likely continued.

Interesting point, I don't think I agree but I do not know. I would be very interested in knowing the data as how to CFM is used. What percentage of players that use the mode play with multiple users? What percentage of users that use the mode complete at least 2 seasons in a CFM with multiple users. I dont know the answer. I would also like to know how these numbers compare Madden 13 to 16. My guess is that the numbers is very low. If it is, does that change your opinion? if it is high I do think it changes mine.

As to game mechanics which haven't made it into the game - AAA game developers have to make tough calls as to what they have time to add into a game, what they have time to fix, and what they have to punt to meet deadlines. OS isn't the only crowd they cater to.

This is an important point. My opinion, and people can disagree, is that Madden (the game that invented franchise mode) has not reached a level of acceptability (in creating a sim franchise experience) to where we are nitpicking at things. This is especially egregious when many of the "features" being lamented are those that appeared in previous versions of the game

Hyperbole. There is absolutely nothing wrong with XP from a game design standpoint. It is not at all a fatal flaw, or a flaw at all.

I really do not think so. The RPG element of the game is fundementally at odds with a sim experience. As just one example, the fact that someone CAN increase the speed of a 32 year old player by even a single point is not sim.I would go even further and say that the fact that someone can "Earn" XP by succesfully doing one thing and use that XP to increase another area is also not sim. To me, yes a fatal flaw.

Not happening, so don't get your hopes up. Tiburon will continue to add customization options to CFM, as they have done in M17 with the return of full-fledged player editing. A redundant mode adds costs, reduces the amount of forward progress the game can make in a given dev cycle, confuses the casual player base, defeats Tiburon's motivation for pursuing CFM entirely, and ultimately is not helpful for reaching the goal of a more realistic and deeper franchise mode.
Fair enough.
Old 07-18-2016, 04:24 PM   #51
Banned

OVR: 7

Franchise players miss out if you play as Dallas, Houston, Indy,ect...Bottom line we who use those teams with retractable roofs NEVER get to see the light of day. We don't see the Great lighting ever. Dull is the word I am looking for. I don't use my favorite team for this reason alone. Sucks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2016, 08:04 PM   #52
Rookie

Chad211's Arena

Just hard to believe EA has just overlooked some many details, some of those are missing players on rosters, player pictures every player has a picture, stadium likeness, it just pretty weak that EA just lets this stuff go.
Old 08-09-2016, 09:43 PM   #53
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD
What i find funny is that they give you the choice of a retractable roof, hybrid, stadium yet you can't open the roof. If It's in play now, why not franchise?
Man this has baffled me for years...
Its the little things like this that make me so frustrated with the game
Old 08-14-2016, 02:25 PM   #54
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16

Being that formation subs were added via patch what is the likelihood of open roofs in franchise being added this year?
Old 08-14-2016, 03:33 PM   #55
MVP

Unlucky 13's Arena

OVR: 4

It would be great if they did, but the difference is that formation subs weren't in the game at all, and they "created" them due to customer demand. The open roofs are apparently already in there, but they've made the choice to keep them out of franchise mode for reasons they aren't sharing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2016, 04:07 PM   #56
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD
Being that formation subs were added via patch what is the likelihood of open roofs in franchise being added this year?
That would be awesome if they could get this in via patch.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »