Home

Madden NFL 17 Videos -Commentary/Presentation, Toned Down Aggressive Catch (iMAV3RIQ)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 17 Videos -Commentary/Presentation, Toned Down Aggressive Catch (iMAV3RIQ) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-20-2016, 10:48 PM   #17
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Madden NFL 17 Videos -Commentary/Presentation, Toned Down Aggressive Catch (iMAV3

i can't be the only one noticing these absurd suction tackles in each of these videos right? its sickening to see and honestly seems like the infinity engine has taken a step back this year. this series of events is inexcusable:

should have been a touchdown run by McCoy. instead an engaged defender suctions him into a tackle.

I posted on another video showing the same thing on a different play; here it is if anyone wants to see another obvious example

Old 06-20-2016, 10:50 PM   #18
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Madden NFL 17 Videos -Commentary/Presentation, Toned Down Aggressive Catch (iMAV3

Was/is the agressive catch really over powered in 16? I had Mike Evans and Michael Floyd in my cfm. Shouldn't I expect those two guy (6'4/5) to catch jump balls over much shorter defenders?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Old 06-20-2016, 10:54 PM   #19
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Yeah, I would have hoped it was tightened up a bit better.

There is still 7 or 8 weeks to tune it, but we'll see how it turns out.
Old 06-20-2016, 11:25 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedGreen710
i can't be the only one noticing these absurd suction tackles in each of these videos right? its sickening to see and honestly seems like the infinity engine has taken a step back this year. this series of events is inexcusable:

should have been a touchdown run by McCoy. instead an engaged defender suctions him into a tackle.

I posted on another video showing the same thing on a different play; here it is if anyone wants to see another obvious example

It's not suction.

It's the "Ball Cover" Trait which causes the RB to focus on protecting the football.

Very, very few ball carriers in the game are set to "never", which prevents the ball protect animation from triggering.

Both vids clearly show the defensive player reaching for the ball which triggered the ball protect animation which is in-line with the Ball Cover Trait level each RB posses.
Old 06-20-2016, 11:30 PM   #21
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
It's not suction.

It's the "Ball Cover" Trait which causes the RB focus on protecting the football.

Very, very few ball carriers in the game are set to "never", which prevents the ball protect animation from triggering.

Both vids clearly show the defensive player reaching for the ball which triggered the ball protect animation which is in-line with the Ball Cover Trait level each RB posses.
its one thing for the ball carrier to cover up the ball when a defender goes for a swat. its another for the ball carriers legs to completely stop moving and have his body magically warp into the arms of a defender. I wish it were as complex/ratings based as you make it seem but I assure you thats not the case.

Look no further then this play where a defender from behind somehow influences the ball carriers feet to completely stop moving. and he wasn't "reaching for the ball".

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2016, 11:41 PM   #22
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedGreen710
its one thing for the ball carrier to cover up the ball when a defender goes for a swat. its another for the ball carriers legs to completely stop moving and have his body magically warp into the arms of a defender. I wish it were as complex/ratings based as you make it seem but I assure you thats not the case.

Look no further then this play where a defender from behind somehow influences the ball carriers feet to completely stop moving. and he wasn't "reaching for the ball".

It's definitely suction and I feel like it's due to a lack of animations or just a lack of animations triggering. In the 3 plays you've shown I have no problem with the outcomes of the play. The defenders have shed blockers and met the ball carrier but then bc of the lack of animations the "suction" occurs to make up for players being in slightly off positions when the animations start.

I think another layer of physics, specifically weight and momentum would go a long way towards alleviating some of those auction moments.
Old 06-20-2016, 11:54 PM   #23
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

Agreed ^^^^. I'm thinking there should be some sort of trip or swipe at the feet type of animation.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Old 06-21-2016, 12:07 AM   #24
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid
It's definitely suction and I feel like it's due to a lack of animations or just a lack of animations triggering.
you could be right. and you know, on that subject- its a shame this years game seems to have added no new tackle animations (or so few that I havent noticed). I'm also seeing the same exact catches too. im not one to throw around the word Lazy loosely, but u have to wonder. dont think I've seen a madden game look so similar to its predecessor. without the commentary and UI It would be tough to distinguish a lot of the gameplay videos that came out recently from ones of Madden 16.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »