Home

Putting together feedback from gameplay videos

This is a discussion on Putting together feedback from gameplay videos within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-21-2016, 12:23 PM   #17
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Putting together feedback from gameplay videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantBlue76
I'll try to organize my thoughts here as coherently as possible:

• Line Play: This is the most fundamental aspect of football. They claimed they rebuilt this from the ground up in M25, but if they did, they did it wrong. The underlying code is still implemented in a fashion that ties the two lines together. This is going to cause issues when you start changing things on the defensive side of the ball. You can see it all go haywire when you put a DE in a zone or a DT in a spy or pull a guy off the line manually. I'm still seeing the same problems in M17 that I saw in M25. I personally sent Clint videos of the O lineman just letting a guy go or standing upright at his request back during M25, I've been assured it's all been fixed twice and it is all still the same. You can't really claim authenticity when you can't even run a simple stunt in the game. I'd love to see them decouple the lines and match up the defensive front with the coverages correctly. An organic pocket, that moves and where DEs get up field and force the QB to step up would be gamechanging and instantly propel Madden into the gym with the big boys.
  • Player Movement: Everyone has jumped on this one a lot for years so we all know where we are with it. Frostbite is coming, so hopefully this will make the game come to life like we've been hoping for years.
  • Tipped Balls: The new ball physics is a massive improvement for Madden. There are far too many instances of a ball being "punched" out and into the air. This is something they added so now they want you to see it constantly. That's one of Tiburon's biggest problems. Yes, it's in the game, but it should only happen when the context calls for it. For example, I saw too many examples where the ball was punched up into the air, even though the context called for it to go straight into the ground. It looks good MOST of the time it happens, but it's happening all the time. Lots of other tipped ball animations should play out, and hopefully that is the case in retail.
  • Super Catches: Really glad they toned these down, but there are still so many of these ridiculous, one handed catches. These plays are spectacular in real life, and are rare occurrences. Seeing 2 or 3 per game is just silly. That one handed, OBJ catch where the WR lands on the defender gets old when you see it this often. I saw at least 3 or 4 of them in the videos and they are short game clips. That is a once in a lifetime type of catch.
  • Tackling: Similar to player movement, this has shown some incremental improvements, but it still doesn't look right. Get rid of the WWE shoulder charge tackles. No one does that in real life. Some of the wrap up tackles look great when they happen. These should be the norm. Somtimes you see guys throwing their bodies in there and making big hits. I've seen it replicated in Madden very well at times, but most of the time, we see the dead body tackling. Study hours of film and watch how the majority of tackles happen and go from there. With a new player movement system in place, this will probably see an upgrade and has the potential to look really good.
  • Graphics: Not many complaints here. Player models could be a little better as far as size and weight, but honestly, the art is outstanding. Sidelines, crowd and the environment of NFL football games is huge and it still isn't quite there in Madden.
  • Presentation: Admittedly, not the highest thing on my list, but if I had to comment on it, I'd say that I don't really understand their thinking with it. Nothing about Madden's presentation gives me the "wow" factor simply because it's all foreign to me. I know Tiburon believes that they can do it better than every other TV network, but I vehemently disagree with them. I'm not looking for something better than what the TV broadcasts do. I want to see what I see on TV. I wish they'd stop trying to create their own and just immerse me with what I see in real life.

You didn't even mention commentary???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-21-2016, 12:25 PM   #18
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allball76
Pass rush and tuning QB accuracy . The Game can't be simulation if Geno Smith throws dots like Tom Brady and A Rod ! I Hope There aware the inaccuracy need to be Tuned !
I agree...in the one video Roethlisberger gets hurt, his back up comes in and drops a dime in between 2 defenders for a TD.
Old 06-21-2016, 12:26 PM   #19
Pro

Gilley's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurphy31
I agree...in the one video Roethlisberger gets hurt, his back up comes in and drops a dime in between 2 defenders for a TD.

The ratings were randomized at EA Play. That's probably why.
Old 06-21-2016, 12:33 PM   #20
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilley
The ratings were randomized at EA Play. That's probably why.
Never knew that...hopefully that was the case...
Old 06-21-2016, 12:45 PM   #21
Rookie

Allball76's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Still confusing because other star players played great OBJ was unstoppable and Todd Gurley .
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2016, 12:45 PM   #22
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Yeah, Mr. Price brought that up.
Old 06-21-2016, 12:59 PM   #23
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
The problem is they only do it if the teammates are close to the player. For example, If I score a TD on a 60 yd run, my player will be the only one celebrating even if there are other teammates running with me.

At this point, I'd rather they add a bunch of celebration cutscenes. The last NCAA had them so it shouldnt be that difficult to import them into the game.
Good call, I agree that these celebrations are a big part of football - why are they left out? Nothing better than sending the message that there is in fact an "I" in TEAM.
Old 06-21-2016, 01:07 PM   #24
Pro

BreakingBad2013's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
My thoughts, for all the changes to gameplay it looks like it plays incredibly similar to 16. Several commenters like Regular Dave have basically said as much too.

I do like the new ball physics. It really shouldn't have taken this long to get it in. I know it's a broken record by now but it was in 2ks last game almost a decade ago.

The line play is awful. It looks somewhat like a pocket cosmetically, but barely functions as one. I haven't noticed any defenders hitting gaps like what was promised either.

I hate the td celebrations. The dances/animations are nice but teammates need to go congratulate the scorer after his celebrations instead of ignoring him. That would add a lot.

Qb play looks very similar again with too much accuracy being an issue.

Of the small sample we've had on all pro or worse, I've seen two very inaccurate passes. One from the Browns follow QB from USC, the other I can't remember from who. A WR was wide open and he over threw the target. The second one the QB threw the ball at WR and it hit the goal post lol.

Also remember, most of the gameplay videos are just of plays that show some new features being implemented.

Also these are pre-beta supposedly. Which means tuning and fixes have yet to be put in the game.

Lastly, a lot of the graphics are similar to 16, but o can tell a major difference in terms of how much smoother the gameplay looks, and the running looks more defined.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »