Home

Are you bothered by some of the Youtubers EA sent down to EA Play for Madden 17?

This is a discussion on Are you bothered by some of the Youtubers EA sent down to EA Play for Madden 17? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-21-2016, 07:01 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Are you bothered by some of the Youtubers EA sent down to EA Play for Madden 17?

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Rex already came out and said he was embarrassed by the "Madden Ball" in the tourney and it's job to fix it. He feels in the next year or two it will be more sim style in the tourney.
Good. Who the hell is teaching these kids to play madden? 4th down and 10 screw it 4 verts!
Old 06-21-2016, 07:14 PM   #10
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Are you bothered by some of the Youtubers EA sent down to EA Play for Madden 17?

Like I said in another thread, people affiliated with EAGC fill a variety of roles. Some of us are there for testing and feedback and happen do also do (or are starting to do) YouTube, while others are there for promotional purposes and not necessarily for feedback purposes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-21-2016, 07:22 PM   #11
MVP

RyanLaFalce's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Bruce Wayne
Except for SimFBCritic, OJB, Regular Dave and similar youtubers

some of the other younger YouTubers who were sent down, make me worry about the future of the Franchise, if EA is listening to them too.

I just hope EA isn't catering to cheesers and tournament style players. I am not fully familiar with the Youtubers in the early videos that were posted and I don't know their intentions.

Maybe I am judging them to harshly. If I am I would like to be corrected.

Yes, it was cringeworthy watching some of the videos. It is also the reason why I unsubbed pretty much all the guys you mentioned a while ago.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2016, 07:26 PM   #12
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

They're not going to alienate the largest percentage of their customer base by excluding them from the evaluative process. These guys provide year-round hype and marketing for the game at a very low price.

Also cheesers and exploiters provide the best test of how strong your mechanics/A.I are. Their very playing of the game is invaluable input. When your game gets to that point where you can make them change their play style or quit playing the game, then you've done some top shelf work.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 06-21-2016, 07:33 PM   #13
Pro

Gilley's Arena

OVR: 5

No, because I think it's kinda silly(no offense) to be bothered by that. Some people buy sports games to have arcade-like fun, some buy them to get a sim experience. Madden could eventually be able to do both, like NBA 2K can with the right settings, so I think the youtubers chosen were fine. It was a good mix.
Old 06-21-2016, 07:34 PM   #14
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palm Bay Pro
Good. Who the hell is teaching these kids to play madden? 4th down and 10 screw it 4 verts!
Just like any other video game tournament, win at all cost.
Old 06-21-2016, 08:26 PM   #15
MVP

Americas Team's Arena

Regular Dave IS NOT a Game Changer, and he's not apart of the EA in crowd. He did state that Rex tried to recruit him at EA Play to be a Game Changer and he declined. Regular Dave is one of the few who's opinion about Madden can be trusted as he is unbiased about the game.
Anyway I'm not bothered by any particular game changer, even though some of them like QJB are annoying to me, I am more bothered by the Game Changer program, it's just a front they came up with to mute youtubers who were spreading bad press about the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2016, 08:55 PM   #16
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprice33
Like I said in another thread, people affiliated with EAGC fill a variety of roles. Some of us are there for testing and feedback and happen do also do (or are starting to do) YouTube, while others are there for promotional purposes and not necessarily for feedback purposes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I know it's been brought up multiple times all over the place but where in your opinion does Rex stand on a separate NFL setting for Madden?
Spoiler

An option like this would seem to at least help the issue with Madden be more tailored to differing gamers.

I asked this same question to some EA game changers awhile back and was basically told there wasn't a setting like that because the entire game is intended to be realistic as possible but I think we can agree that doesn't make much sense considering even with so much dev attention to realism, we still run into the "can't do x realistic because y gamer demo won't like it" and the fact other sports games targeting realism offer such a setting.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »