Home

Community Requests: Madden NFL 17

This is a discussion on Community Requests: Madden NFL 17 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-24-2016, 10:43 AM   #57
Pro

OVR: 4
Re: Community Requests: Madden NFL 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateDogPack12
Being disappointed is fine, but that doesn't mean that every thread has to turn into a manifesto for your hurt feelings. Not you specifically, but far too often the threads are just hijacked by the same people over and over trying to push their agenda. This thread is chief among them. Pure hyperbole.

You guys know by now I call it down the middle. I stated in very specific terms my feedback in the first page of the thread. I don't think we have to keep posting about the same things day in and day out.

Try to be constructive kand propose new ideas instead.
this is a very valid point!
I think it is cool that we will press our discontent, and nothing wrong with the "yeah, but" mentality, but it can't just be the same "but" every time because there is really no point in dwelling over spilled milk.

I know I can fall victim to the temptation myself, so it's easier said than done but, you know, at some point we could just try to enjoy the game for what it is
Old 06-24-2016, 11:12 AM   #58
MVP

Reed1417's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
To answer your question. We who want a realistic franchise. Those that love the RPG stuff will love Madden. And that's great for them. If you like CFM, then you are not part of my "we" and I was not in any way trying to represent you.
I just want to respond to this. I've said my bit in another thread about why I like the RPG XP system they have in Madden so i won't repeat that again. What I will say is that even though i love the system because of what it allows me to do, I also want a "realistic franchise mode" with the things we used to have. Do I think we'll get it? I hope so but until then we have a few choices we can make as individuals and as a community. You all know what I mean when i say this i think.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Reed's WWE 2k23 Universe: Youtube Edition
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...e-edition.html
Old 06-25-2016, 07:20 PM   #59
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

OVR: 18

Injuries. Away. From. The. Ball.
Old 06-25-2016, 08:04 PM   #60
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
We have full player editing Yukon!!!
It's going to be fun fine tuning the gameplay.

Since any default roster has to be loaded into a Franchise from the main screen, it would be nice if we could just pull/load in our M16 rosters.

Give the community something to do until release, as well as, hit the road running with their Franchise upon release.

Trying to get the question out there in a tweet.
Fine tuning the gameplay is the last thing I want. It would be nice to play it out of the box and not be messing with sliders for 6 months trying to "make the game play right"
Old 06-25-2016, 08:41 PM   #61
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
We have full player editing Yukon!!!

It's going to be fun fine tuning the gameplay.

Since any default roster has to be loaded into a Franchise from the main screen, it would be nice if we could just pull/load in our M16 rosters.

Give the community something to do until release, as well as, hit the road running with their Franchise upon release.

Trying to get the question out there in a tweet.

Not going to happen, unfortunately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2016, 08:45 PM   #62
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

RE: frostbite: they don't *have* to move to frostbite. They're selling plenty of games as is. It wouldn't make any sense to change to a new engine if it meant losing everything they just finished adding. I don't have any knowledge as to how the frostbite transition is going, but I can't imagine we'd take a major step backwards.

Old 06-26-2016, 07:40 AM   #63
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprice33
RE: frostbite: they don't *have* to move to frostbite. They're selling plenty of games as is. It wouldn't make any sense to change to a new engine if it meant losing everything they just finished adding. I don't have any knowledge as to how the frostbite transition is going, but I can't imagine we'd take a major step backwards.

Any idea if FIFA has lost anything by switching over to Frostbite.

FIFA sells more than madden (I think so anyway). So the switch using Fifa first would be even riskier, right?
Old 06-26-2016, 10:30 AM   #64
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

Community Requests: Madden NFL 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurphy31
Any idea if FIFA has lost anything by switching over to Frostbite.

FIFA sells more than madden (I think so anyway). So the switch using Fifa first would be even riskier, right?

We didn't get any 1 on 1 time with developers there but as far as I know all the modes are coming over intact.

But we'll likely know soon what's up with FIFA which makes all the speculation kinda silly, IMO.

I truly believe EA has learned from past mistakes. They didn't do a huge engine change for 25 on next gen, brought the game over feature complete, etc. They still have (afaik) the only full online franchise mode in sports games (2ks was essentially a season mode this year), and they are being super cautious with the transition to frostbite.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »