Home

After watching madden 17, i still feel like its ratings need to be spread

This is a discussion on After watching madden 17, i still feel like its ratings need to be spread within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-01-2016, 05:40 PM   #113
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: After watching madden 17, i still feel like its ratings need to be spread

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
I dispute your data.

I spent a significant amount of time helping Dan Berens (aka DCEBB2001) with FBGratings (RIP), mostly with respect to configuring SPD and ACC ratings relative to his data set. We found these times for Madden in-game players with various SPD / ACC combinations, running 40 yards starting from a standstill (all tests run on All-Pro difficulty, default game speed, default player speed threshold):

SPD 99 / ACC 991.372.374.24
SPD 99 / ACC 501.672.774.74
SPD 99 / ACC 01.772.975.04
SPD 0 / ACC 991.773.975.91
SPD 50 / ACC 991.472.644.87
SPD 0 / ACC 01.943.406.21

Dan used this data to help properly translate and balance the player population's running times to SPD and ACC ratings in Madden.

Speaking strictly to the times posted, Madden is actually pretty close to dead-on with respect to the ranges of times that NFL players can run 40 yards and the 10- and 20-yard splits (also a flaw in your process - real-life NFL 40-yard dash times are quantified with the player beginning at a standstill, not at full sprint). Madden's modeling of how players reach and maintain their top speed while running is a bit off, however. Players in real life can't keep running at their top speed for infinite distance and will with very few exceptions begin decelerating well before they reach 30 yards, while in Madden your player only slows down from his top speed after the special move bar under his feet depletes; when this happens is based on the Stamina rating and even when set at zero takes over 40 yards of sprinting to completely drain.

Wait we came up with the same results if you take away the fact that mine was a full sprint and yours was using acceleration

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »