Home

Big Coaching Decision: Madden NFL 17

This is a discussion on Big Coaching Decision: Madden NFL 17 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-23-2016, 12:28 PM   #9
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Big Coaching Decision: Madden NFL 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantBlue76
See, I actually have a big problem with the injury stuff they've added. First off, I still can't believe we don't have the actual injury statuses that we have in the real NFL. There is a lot to be managed with injuries in NFL football. You need to manage how you nurse certain guys back, you need to list their status on a weekly basis, you need to dedicate training resources towards their recovery. THEN the decision comes each week on whether or not the guy is ready to play.

Now, add to that the ability to have MULTIPLE injuries. 2k has already done this in their basketball game and it's fantastic. To me, this system screams the opposite of BIG DECISION. It's hardly that. It's a binary decision. I either bring the guy back after 6 weeks or bring him back after 8 weeks. Nothing changes from the time he is injured to the first 6 weeks he is definitely OUT. There is zero dynamicity to this. How much better would it be if I could actually be involved in making decisions to rehab the player at the risk of aggravating the injury. I log in and see that my trainer gives me the bad news... "BAD NEWS ON JPP! - WE PUSHED HIM TOO HARD IN THE WEIGHT ROOM AND HE SEEMS TO HAVE RE-AGGRAVATED HIS GROIN PULL. HIS RECOVERY IS DELAYED AT LEAST ANOTHER TWO WEEKS". Or I might see the opposite. Hiring a more experienced trainer might affect how these types of things are handled, and the success rate for them. Give me something to do that I actually care about as opposed to rushing to just accept a simple binary option that doesn't even map to real life.

With multiple injuries, it would be awesome to see JPP's pass rushing attributes affected with a tricep injury, and his speed and agility affected by a knee sprain. The problem with CFM is that there is nothing to engross a user outside of the actual games. The NFL license provides everything they need to model these things. They simply choose not to do it. Instead, it seems they have wasted away a good 4 years moving game mechanics around in different menus.
You realize all that couldnt happen before 2050 right? Spot on none the less.

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel
Old 06-23-2016, 01:26 PM   #10
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5

It's nice that they worked on the injury system and hopefully they keep improving it but what I want to know is if the CPU will bring players back early or is this just something for the user? If this is just something for the user then it won't be that good because the CPU will hold their guys until they are 100% healthy.
Old 06-23-2016, 01:31 PM   #11
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy008
It's nice that they worked on the injury system and hopefully they keep improving it but what I want to know is if the CPU will bring players back early or is this just something for the user? If this is just something for the user then it won't be that good because the CPU will hold their guys until they are 100% healthy.
Im sure there will be plenty of good logic used by the CPU in making choices for their teams.i mean just look at the CPU logic's track records for madden.

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2016, 01:45 PM   #12
Rookie

Greatnessdc's Arena

OVR: 0

I'm actually happy that they are in a way allowing you to set your own coach goal. I think it will help some of the bottom tiered teams in the league to get more XP for their coach then failing their goal every year for whatever reason.

I do wish the injury system was better like in other games but this is atleast a step in the right direction.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »