Home

Is It An EA Thing? Let's Talk Team Specific Playing Styles And Signatures

This is a discussion on Is It An EA Thing? Let's Talk Team Specific Playing Styles And Signatures within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-24-2016, 02:09 AM   #25
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Is It An EA Thing? Let's Talk Team Specific Playing Styles And Signatures

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
This is the type of stuff I refer to when asking for a "Simulation" setting in Madden, one that utilizes all the currently available tools in the game to provide the most realistic NFL experience possible. Reading about things gamers in the community are able accomplish with those tools is amazing to me and I wish EA Tib would put these creative gamers on a project together to create a Simulation setting. I don't understand when the reply to that suggestion is "Madden has way more work to do, this won't fix anything", no one expects it too, nor does it fix other sports games that have one, what it will do is provide gamers a factory preset option to get more realistic experience based on input from some of the most creative gamers in this community.

Also this isn't just about offline gamers because something like that, with that much input and influence into it, could effect all modes of play using that setting.
Ya, 2k hired 2 guys from the community and look what they did. They took it and ran with it. 2k realized how much of an importance it was for realism and the effect it had to create a true sim experience. That's the crazy thing is it's in the game. It's a time consuming but easy fix that would change the game for the better. It's the same thing with ratings. If they spread them out you get more players playing like themselves and it differentiates the great players from the mediocre ones. As is now not much difference between any player in the game. I can pass with the same accuracy with geno smith as I can with tom Brady. Sigh!

Both those areas are fixable and it would make madden an incredibly different experience and game with realism and sim at the forefront. It would be more immersive for the masses as well. All the tools in the game that go untouched year after year. Personally I'd buy madden 18 if they didn't add 1 thing except if they redid ratings and redid playbooks along with adding team specific schemes. That in itself would be a game changer. I'm not sure they even know or understand that though... Shoot, it could be a back of box feature. Teams and players never played so TRUE TO LIFE!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2016, 02:47 AM   #26
Pro

OVR: 4

Their mindset can't be "Let's make teams play like their counterparts" because that would just wreak havoc by year 3 of CFM.

They have all they need there already, the mindset has to be "Let's make teams play to their strenghts"

You have the following:
A coach with a given coaching Style (west coast, vertical, power run...) and pass/run tendencies... CHECK!

Every play in the playbooks is part of some sort of concept that fits a given coaching style (ie. stretch run is part of zone running concept).... CHECK!

You have a ratings system that let's you know who your best players at each position are.... CHECK!

Well, if I'm in year 5 of a CFM and the Chargers are coached by Gary Kubiak I should see them running zone and stretch plays more often than not, and following the assigned ratios to a the coach. Doesn't seem that hard to implement with the current tools they already have in game. But I'm no developer sooooooo.....
Old 06-24-2016, 05:06 AM   #27
Go Pack Go!!

NateDogPack12's Arena

OVR: 0

I'm going to let this thread continue but it needs to get back on track fast. After another moderator reprimanded the off-topic nature of discussion, we've now gotten into 2K's hiring and player ratings - none of which have anything to do with Madden or the original topic of team identity.
Old 06-24-2016, 11:51 AM   #28
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaTownGamer
I played all EA Sports games throughout the years and it seems like all the teams play like one another when going against the CPU. That is how I feel when I play against CPU in Madden. It's also the same thing on FIFA, NHL, and NBA LIVE where all the teams play like each other. This is why I am starting to think this is an EA thing and not just Madden.

Is this hard to fix or is it because the developers don't know too much about the teams? Signature team "play style" is a feature we wanted for years in every EA Sports titles including Madden and we are yet to have it

and hopefully someone can relay the message to the boys at EA/Tiburon on how to improve our experience when playing against CPU.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NateDogPack12
I'm going to let this thread continue but it needs to get back on track fast. After another moderator reprimanded the off-topic nature of discussion, we've now gotten into 2K's hiring and player ratings - none of which have anything to do with Madden or the original topic of team identity.
Re-Read the OP. The topic is about team specific playing styles and players playing like themselves. It's also talking about a company and how to improve our experience vs the CPU. Ratings effect how players play. Playbooks effect how teams play. Is it a EA thing was the question? Comparing that to another company who does care about team specific styles or signatures is a fair comparison for the sake of this discussion.

As far as they can't do that because it would screw up year 3 in cfm? Another company does it so how does it effect those later years? How about tying playbooks to a coach? Draft players that fit a coaches scheme or style or fit his playbook/play style? Give us ability to change CPU playbooks. All solve able IMO...

Someone brought up Payton manning earlier with his cadences and using the whole clock and audibles at the line. It was so Payton like it was incredible. When playing the colts you were so immersed with the realism. I think we all can agree we would like more signature playing styles from EA and to see teams playing more like themselves?!
Old 06-24-2016, 02:14 PM   #29
Go Pack Go!!

NateDogPack12's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by vannwolfhawk
Re-Read the OP. The topic is about team specific playing styles and players playing like themselves. It's also talking about a company and how to improve our experience vs the CPU. Ratings effect how players play. Playbooks effect how teams play. Is it a EA thing was the question? Comparing that to another company who does care about team specific styles or signatures is a fair comparison for the sake of this discussion.

As far as they can't do that because it would screw up year 3 in cfm? Another company does it so how does it effect those later years? How about tying playbooks to a coach? Draft players that fit a coaches scheme or style or fit his playbook/play style? Give us ability to change CPU playbooks. All solve able IMO...

Someone brought up Payton manning earlier with his cadences and using the whole clock and audibles at the line. It was so Payton like it was incredible. When playing the colts you were so immersed with the realism. I think we all can agree we would like more signature playing styles from EA and to see teams playing more like themselves?!

Instead of telling me to re-read the OP, perhaps you should re-read the forum topic. This is a forum to discuss Madden. It isn't a forum for you to "talk about a company" or to compare development companies.

You know full well that dev bashing isn't allowed. To use your own words, trying to say they "don't care" about something is pure speculation and non-constructive. It's pie in the sky. Drop it.
Old 06-24-2016, 02:22 PM   #30
Go Pack Go!!

NateDogPack12's Arena

On the Peyton thing, that was actually Madden 08 for the XBOX. Maybe even Madden 07 too but I can't remember. He would sound, act, and move just like the real Peyton. I don't believe they've done anything like that since.
Old 06-24-2016, 02:52 PM   #31
Pro

GoJags904's Arena

This is a sensitive topic soooooo....Since EA definitely wants more realism in the game and feedback from the community, for example, 17s selling point from Rex; then whomever can get the word to EA should ASAP.

Instead of always going back to who does it better and picking on the other guy, we(Mods, GCs, OS Madden community) should lay it out in front of EA and see if they change. If they want what we want and we show it can be done and will change the franchise, then many will know they have a game worth playing for life or will have plenty of extra cash for other options. Point blank period, or we could keep going bball devs vs fball devs for another 10plus yrs

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk

NFL --- JAX JAGUARS (DUUUUVAAAL)
MLB --- BOSTON RED SOX
NBA --- LAKERS4LIFE
NCAAF --- GATOR NATION (UF)
NCAAB --- DUKE BLUE DEVILS
MLS --- DC UNITED
BARCLAYS PL --- CHELSEA

MUSIC/ARTIST ALIAS --- SHIESTY SLIM
"CRAY CRAY" available on ITUNES, GOOGLE PLAY, AMAZON
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2016, 03:04 PM   #32
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprice33
It is something we're continuing to press them on. Live was a little bit better for 16 but not quite there yet. I'd say the same about 17 from my time with it through EA Play.
Sounds like GCers are pressing them.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »