Home

Rex Dickson will be on Sim Standard Radio in 5 minutes

This is a discussion on Rex Dickson will be on Sim Standard Radio in 5 minutes within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-24-2016, 07:57 AM   #9
Go Pack Go!!

NateDogPack12's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Rex Dickson will be on Sim Standard Radio in 5 minutes

If anyone wants to listen to his comment on injuries go to about 1:17:45 so you can hear the context of the question + the answer. Let's hope that kind of dismissiveness only applies to non-contact injuries and not off-ball injuries to linemen or other players upon contact. Judging by the context, I'm not so sure.

Also, he talks about big ticket, epic story items that are going to change the way people interact and play the game. Some ideas that came to mind are:

-FIFA and NBA 2K story mode built into CFM for superstar mode.
-Team Play

Really hopeful they don't put CFM on the back burner for another few years. None of that stuff is for me. I haven't loaded the Draft Champions menu a single time and don't plan to. I started playing Franchise mode as a kid and that's what I'll play until they don't let me play it anymore.
Old 06-24-2016, 08:21 AM   #10
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

I know John White did say that lineman will get hurt during play the moment games so for those of us who use that feature it could be helpful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-24-2016, 02:10 PM   #11
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

There is really no way to spin it, they are making a design decision to leave out a fundamental aspect of football, because the time investment is better spent in their opinion on something that everyone will care about. I understand their choice, I just don't agree with it.

Also, as much as it pains me to say this, when they add a story mode and team play that will improve their sales more than anything that they could ever do to CFM. In NBA 2K, MyCareer and the team up modes are by far the most played modes, despite being totally non sim gameplay and A.I. wise.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2016, 03:18 PM   #12
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateDogPack12
If anyone wants to listen to his comment on injuries go to about 1:17:45 so you can hear the context of the question + the answer. Let's hope that kind of dismissiveness only applies to non-contact injuries and not off-ball injuries to linemen or other players upon contact. Judging by the context, I'm not so sure.

Also, he talks about big ticket, epic story items that are going to change the way people interact and play the game. Some ideas that came to mind are:

-FIFA and NBA 2K story mode built into CFM for superstar mode.
-Team Play

Really hopeful they don't put CFM on the back burner for another few years. None of that stuff is for me. I haven't loaded the Draft Champions menu a single time and don't plan to. I started playing Franchise mode as a kid and that's what I'll play until they don't let me play it anymore.
That's the thing I worry about the most. That they will forget about CFM and just add in a story for those people who like that and not add in anything for the people who like playing the game as an owner/coach. There's still a bunch of things they can add in and I'm hoping they continue to work on CFM and put in features for everyone and not just a story mode.
Old 06-24-2016, 03:26 PM   #13
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

When Rex was interviewing during EA Play, most of all the interviewers asked him if there were any plans for a story mode.

It seems like a popular avenue that other sports games utilize.

Last edited by roadman; 06-24-2016 at 03:30 PM.
Old 06-24-2016, 03:26 PM   #14
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
I'll go back and listen to it today but I believe the question was worded in a way that he was talking about non contact injuries like Jordy Nelson had, and if a player could get hurt while juking in the open field.

I haven't listened to the call yet, I couldn't skip through it to certain points for some reason but I still think they may be conflating no contact injuries with off ball/blocking injuries. So to JP's point, yeah that could be what Rex meant and it could also encompass OL injuries because they, like Ian seemed to, see it all as the same thing, but it's not.

Clint just recently tweeted that the injury system in actual game play only applies to tackles, I wonder how that works. Presumably in blocking interaction there are ratings battles or dice rolls taking place to determine the outcome, similar to the same thing happening during tackle interactions, so why would the INJ rating or whatever be taken into account in the tackle interactions but not the blocking interactions and why can't that be changed?

To ask it another way, forget what we are seeing play out on screen, I'm just talking strictly under the hood with regard to the equations and/or calculations that influence outcomes, I wonder what the hurdle is to having INJ or whatever the variable in tackles that allow injury chance, to work similar in blocking. I'm hoping that they aren't looking at what we are saying about OL injuries and thinking we are asking for some advanced off ball no contact injury system with hamstring tweeks, groin pulls, twisted ankles, etc for players all over the field just from moving. That would be nice at some point too but I get that being a feature and something very intricate to code/program in but not this because it would seem to require using a system that is already in place, it's just not applied to blocking interactions. That maybe the case though judging from their responses whenever this is brought up.
Old 06-24-2016, 03:27 PM   #15
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
I haven't listened to the call yet, I couldn't skip through it to certain points for some reason but I still think they may be conflating no contact injuries with off ball/blocking injuries. So to JP's point, yeah that could be what Rex meant and it could also in compass OL injuries because they, like Ian seemed to, see it all as the same thing, but it's not.

Clint just recently tweeted that the injury system in actual game play only applies to tackles, I wonder how that works. Presumably in blocking interaction there are ratings battles or dice rolls taking place to determine the outcome, similar to the same thing happening during tackle interactions, so why would the INJ rating or whatever be taken in to account in the tackle interactions but not the blocking interactions and why can't that be changed?

To ask it another way, forget what we are seeing play out on screen, I'm just talking strictly under the hood with regard to the equations and/or calculations that influence outcomes, I wonder what the hurdle is to having INJ or whatever the variable in tackles that allow injury chance, to work similar in blocking. I'm hoping that they aren't looking at what we are saying about OL injuries and thinking we are asking for some advanced off ball no contact injury system with hamstring tweeks, groin pulls, twisted ankles, etc for players all over the field just from moving. That would be nice at some point too but I get that being a feature and something very intricate to code/program in but not this because it would seem to require using a system that is already in place, it's just not applied to blocking interactions. That maybe the case though judging from their responses whenever this is brought up.

Clint responded to my questions on this earlier today.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2016, 03:35 PM   #16
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Yeah JP I saw that, that's the tweet I was referring to, when you ask for "falls" to affect injuries, even as a layman I can understand that potentially requiring a whole other system. However when asking how is it that tackle interactions can result in an injury but not block interactions, that's different because both seem to work in a similar ratings equation or dice roll type system. I'm not suggesting getting the blocking dice roll to include injury chance is easy or doesn't require tons of work either, I obviously don't know, all I'm saying is that asking about one seems completely different from asking about the other.

Edit: Was able to hear the actual Q&A and Simfball literally asked about non contact injuries, not specifically injuries from blocking interactions, so I believe OL injuries are mistakenly getting lumped in. An OL injury would of course not need to be "non contact", it could occur during blocking interaction and I think that point is getting missed. It seems to me the devs think we are asking for an entirely different system for non contact injuries outside of "dice rolls" that occur in interactions to get OL injuries.

Last edited by Big FN Deal; 06-24-2016 at 03:50 PM. Reason: Listened to interview

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »