Home

RyanMoody21 part 3 interview with Rex Dickson.

This is a discussion on RyanMoody21 part 3 interview with Rex Dickson. within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-27-2016, 11:59 AM   #1
Tom Brady, L.O.A.T

urlacher51's Arena

OVR: 6
RyanMoody21 part 3 interview with Rex Dickson.

some interesting tidbits about becoming a Madden game changer .
in this interview you hear Rex tell Moody that because he didn't put out enough positive Madden videos, he wasn't chosen to be a game changer this year.

Quote From one of EA Sports Game Changers
( None of us have the power to control when EA Sports will implement/fix/address things in their games after we suggest them)

Last edited by urlacher51; 06-27-2016 at 12:05 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2016, 12:35 PM   #2
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: RyanMoody21 part 3 interview with Rex Dickson.

Quote:
Originally Posted by urlacher51

some interesting tidbits about becoming a Madden game changer .
in this interview you hear Rex tell Moody that because he didn't put out enough positive Madden videos, he wasn't chosen to be a game changer this year.
It's just so weird. Doing nothing but being positive isn't how you get the game to change. It's cool that the GCs are EAs way of reaching out to a variety of players but when you hear stuff like that it just seems like nothing more than a marketing tool. They're job seems to be to tell the players how good the game is year in and year out.
Old 06-27-2016, 12:40 PM   #3
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16

I dunno man, most of the feedback I see from GCers is about how the game can be better. They give us feedback forms that have a section for positive feedback and in my 3 events I've done so far they're the least filled in. Mostly we're finding bugs and giving tuning feedback, a lot of which y'all don't see because the game isn't final and it just doesn't make any sense to let that stuff out 3 months before release. I can't interpret exactly what Rex meant but you have to remember that we're essentially locked in a room together for 3 straight 8-12 hour days so personality mix is important.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-27-2016, 12:48 PM   #4
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21

Maybe alot of the negative feedback from the game changers is behind doors. It does seem like a lot of the videos I watch are just information based or positive in nature. No real picking apart the game in the public setting.
Old 06-27-2016, 12:58 PM   #5
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurphy31
Maybe alot of the negative feedback from the game changers is behind doors. It does seem like a lot of the videos I watch are just information based or positive in nature. No real picking apart the game in the public setting.
In my AMA I was given strict instruction to not give impressions and to stick to #FactsOnly. There's a few reasons for that. The first is that the game isn't finished yet, so if I think there are too many or too few of X events happening I can give the feedback to them in the hopes they'll adjust. If they don't then that's something I will talk about after release. While the basic mechanics of these games don't really change from April or May to release, there's a ton of tuning that gets done that can really change how it plays and feels, and how many of whatever thing happens or doesn't happen.

Once the game comes out and there's free reign, everyone's personal styles are going to come into play in terms of any content they make. Some people do things based on storylines and entertainment, while others use their knowledge of the game pre-release to create educational or critical videos that discuss certain things in depth (this is what we'll do on our channel).

There are some people who are a part of the GC program that never talk at events, never post online, never do videos, but give detailed, intricate written feedback. It's a good mix behind the scenes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2016, 01:02 PM   #6
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid
It's just so weird. Doing nothing but being positive isn't how you get the game to change. It's cool that the GCs are EAs way of reaching out to a variety of players but when you hear stuff like that it just seems like nothing more than a marketing tool. They're job seems to be to tell the players how good the game is year in and year out.
Constructive, not positive. That's what you wanted to hear, not what was said.
Old 06-27-2016, 01:02 PM   #7
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

And sounds like Moody wants to become one.
Old 06-27-2016, 01:07 PM   #8
MVP

Americas Team's Arena

OVR: 0

Moody was the last person I thought would sell out and become a Game Changer. When he becomes a GC I will be watching his channel closely to see if and how his content changes. My guess is that he won't be putting out as many videos pointing out issues with the game and he will focus more on the things that Madden does well. Rex said they already use his channel and other non GC for feedback, not sure why he wants to become one except that he wants the perks that comes along with it.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »