Home

Jim Brown Receives $600K Settlement Against EA

This is a discussion on Jim Brown Receives $600K Settlement Against EA within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-29-2016, 03:03 AM   #33
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Jim Brown Receives $600K Settlement Against EA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky
C'mon man . He's probably the greatest football player of all time. He can't possibly be bad for the game.

Jim Brown probably wanted to be paid more than any other player in the game. That's his prerogative and I don't necessarily disagree with him.
You may not listen to him talk much; but that is neither here nor there; seems many here are on Jim's side more so because they want to be against EA.
Old 06-29-2016, 06:25 AM   #34
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
I know it shouldn't but the stuff I read from individuals against other individuals in favor of corporations surprises me every time. Mean ole' Jim Brown picking on poor lil' EA for using his likeness anyway after he told them they couldn't. Yeah it's all about Jim Brown and how he should be honored that EA would want to represent him in their game even after he declined, no need to sue for that, it's not like it's against the law or anything.

The responses in thread like this strike a sour cord with me, EA lost because they were deemed to have illegally used Jim Brown's likeness, among others, this isn't some one off case or misunderstanding this has been proven to be what EA did, repeatedly.
This is starting to ring true for me on both sides of the fence now. I've been on Brown's side since the beginning on this and some of the comments on each side are telling and interesting at the same time.
Old 06-29-2016, 06:29 AM   #35
Rookie

Spend my UT money wisely Jim!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2016, 06:33 AM   #36
Rookie

Jim Brown is now just as big of a scumbag as Ed O Bannon and Sam Keller. Greedy, lazy money grabs that if everyone did it millions wouldn't have these games to play.
Old 06-29-2016, 06:34 AM   #37
Rookie

Actually the more i think about it EA losing the license and going out of business is a good thing. Carry on i'm just like caveman figuring out fire.
Old 06-29-2016, 07:27 AM   #38
Your Go-to TV Expert

Scott's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsGameGod
Actually the more i think about it EA losing the license and going out of business is a good thing. Carry on i'm just like caveman figuring out fire.
You do realize their net worth is $3 Billion, right? Not going out of business.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Old 06-29-2016, 08:06 AM   #39
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMrHanky
Yeah, interesting to see the varying opinions on this. U don't have to take him at his word, I guess, but I see this move as similar to Metallica standing up to napster back in the day. I see Brown here standing up for an individual's rights so that lesser known athletes know they may also have the right if something similar were to happen. I don't think he did it for himself at all. I think he's a tough SOB and he told ea, 'no'. They did it anyways, so he stood up for himself, more for the principle of the matter, to set a standard for others. Obviously, not for the money, he doesn't need it. So, why? Because he has the money, he has the lawyers, he has the nerve to stand up to a corporate giant and show everyone they don't need to cow down to them. Idk, that's how I read it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No one ever heard of Ed Obannon before he sued EA so I really don't get the reference to Jim Brown standing up for lesser known athletes .. I have no idea what Jim Browns motives were but I highly doubt from everything I have seen from the guy that it was for the greater good . I'm good with him winning but let's not make a hero out of him ..
Old 06-29-2016, 08:23 AM   #40
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Congrats to Mr. Brown! I'm glad to see him get some of what he deserved for his likeness being used. And I'm shocked that anyone would side with a company using it without paying what's due.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »