Home

Practice Squad Advantage

This is a discussion on Practice Squad Advantage within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-01-2016, 06:40 PM   #33
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Practice Squad Advantage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmart14
Eh, think of it this way. You have an old MLB that will retire in a couple years. In the draft you find a Prototype MLB late in the draft with good athleticism but needs some improvement (top 3 skills are C+). You already have backups that are better right now but don't have upside.

You can stash that guy on the PS, let him get better without taking up a roster spot, and call him up when he's ready. I doubt the CPUs going to be programmed to constantly poach your players

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Also, they tuned later round guys to give more quick and superstar dev traits so you can draft and stash a developmental player.
Old 07-01-2016, 07:08 PM   #34
MVP

TheGentlemanGhost's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by kse79x
Overall, seems a bit useless to me. If you have a guy worth a damn, you're better off having him on your roster. If hes on the practice squad he will get snatched up. I dont foresee myself using this at all, unless i take someone else's player.
I had a RB that was just a 70 overall but was a beast on my already stacked RB roster. So he had to be released. In what would've been his second or third year, he was nowhere to be found in the game. It's much needed for me. I've had these issues more than enough times. But now they can actually improve and not have to worry about them getting deleted from the FA bucket amount the game has set. I've been waiting a long time for this.
Old 07-01-2016, 07:19 PM   #35
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

This will be a lot of fun when they eventually put waivers in and other teams jump on your players you think you can stash on the PS. Now I imagine you will get to sign them and then lose them next advance instead.

Waivers and a tangible needs / interest system (useful for free agency, trading, and the draft) would add so much life and personality to the game - especially if influenced by the decision makers on teams (which might be the GM, or it might be the owner, depending on personality traits, etc).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2016, 08:20 PM   #36
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmart14
Eh, think of it this way. You have an old MLB that will retire in a couple years. In the draft you find a Prototype MLB late in the draft with good athleticism but needs some improvement (top 3 skills are C+). You already have backups that are better right now but don't have upside.

You can stash that guy on the PS, let him get better without taking up a roster spot, and call him up when he's ready. I doubt the CPUs going to be programmed to constantly poach your players

I only play in active full leagues. So in that case, anyone worth a hoot will get snatched.
Old 07-01-2016, 08:22 PM   #37
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprice33
Also, they tuned later round guys to give more quick and superstar dev traits so you can draft and stash a developmental player.
Depends on how many there are. In active online leagues, someone else is going to get him unless he has one of his own. Sure, another good edition for regular offline CFM, but for online leagues, Ill be surprised if I find it useful.
Old 07-01-2016, 08:35 PM   #38
Rookie

Slim4824's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
I only play in active full leagues. So in that case, anyone worth a hoot will get snatched.
You can snatch any player just as easily. It will only be done in a limited amount though as they must be on the active roster afterward. It is a balanced system.

Sent from my SM-N920R7 using Tapatalk
Old 07-01-2016, 09:00 PM   #39
Rookie

slick1ru2's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprice33

My understanding is since dev traits are now fluid, stashing a player with superstar dev on the practice squad would make him lose it quickly because of the way they've set it up, they need to not only play in games but actually produce to retain superstar. Age, injury, lack of production means loss of superstar trait.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 07-01-2016, 09:00 PM   #40
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:

Except there are ways to protect guys by using roster spots. It's risk-reward.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »