Home

How to make game 100% Ratings Based

This is a discussion on How to make game 100% Ratings Based within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-07-2016, 07:36 PM   #33
MVP

OVR: 19
Re: How to make game 100% Ratings Based

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iteachpercussion
That is a thought by some, but I disagree. I think All-Pro with sliders at 50 is ratings based. When you change difficulty settings it gives boost to either the CPU or the Hum. When you move sliders it gives boosts or takes away ability one way or another. So, when you move sliders to 0 I really do not think it has the result of going just off of ratings. I have tried several "0 theory" sliders over the last few years and I have never been convinced that it produces a better game. Now, for certain aspects a slider of 0 or very low produces great results. In past years this has been the case with QBA or Pass Blocking. However, put WR Catching near 0 and most receivers drop everything.
I think the problem is multi-fold... the way the game is tuned by EA often produces poor results and require major slider adjustments for solid gameplay. This year, M16, I think the game was tuned better than it has been in years. There are a lot of people, me included, who were able to get very good, ratings based gameplay from default All-Pro. Now, I have made some adjustments as the year has gone on, but nothing crazy.

Back to the original thought... I believe that when you put the slider at 50, you are basically telling the game to not make any adjustments in favor or against that game concept, be it blocking, catching, fumbles, etc... When you move towards 100, you are saying to increase this feature for players in one way or another and when moved towards 0 you are saying decrease this feature. Now, the game is still playing off of the ratings. When you go towards 100 or 0, it affects all players performing that aspect and increases/decreases them all in that way.
Sliders globally adjust ratings,
Not every slider will give an advantage to either hum or AI, if done correctly.
Some sliders will loosen some of the weights applied to triggering thresholds.

Ex:
Tackle Slider will allow greater animation triggering by Ball Carriers, than actual favoring tackling for either.

But this has been made known in several other threads and is secondary, so no need to discuss here.

The first thing is the ratings themselves.
We've always adjusted ratings "downward" to achieve better gameplay (AI wise), but rarely adjusted certain ratings "upward".

Since AWR can't modify ratings to operate above 100, it can only be used to "decrease" ratings, so by removing any application of negative weight applied by this rating, each rating is able to be true to what's noted.

Sometimes turning an aspect off, can actually clean gameplay up some.

So I'm suggesting that turning off any negative weight AWR applies, by setting it at 99 across the board, does/will improve gameplay greatly.
Old 07-08-2016, 12:37 AM   #34
MVP

OVR: 0

I am going to give your roster a play tomorrow if I get the chance. I am open to the possibility, but I will admit that I am skeptical going in. I believe the AWR rating is a needed rating in Madden's current system. But I am always open to new info.
Old 07-08-2016, 05:25 PM   #35
MVP

OVR: 0

Well, I was going to give the roster a play today, BUT... I am on PS4 and could not find your roster so I assume you are on XBOX.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2016, 06:34 PM   #36
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iteachpercussion
Well, I was going to give the roster a play today, BUT... I am on PS4 and could not find your roster so I assume you are on XBOX.
Sorry, yes.

But it took less than 15min to do two teams.

Set everyone's AWR to 99, and those areas of gameplay you want a player to excel at, put their position rating(s) at 90+.

There are other tweaks to several positional ratings to be in-line with generated rookie levels, but this is the base.
Old 07-08-2016, 07:36 PM   #37
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

OVR: 21

I've done this with 2 teams on ps4 cowboys and browns I've only set the awr to 99 didn't adjust any other ratings because most play makers on cowboys had 90+ in most areas.

I've played 2 games and in both the browns had their way with cowboys romo got knocked out on very first play of game in first one and missed rest of game.

The cowboys running game was unstoppable in first one as Elliott had 24 carries 146 yards 2 TDs.

Moore struggled in replacing romo but did throw 2 late TDs to make score look not so bad I won 31-28.

Second one romo played entire game but struggled it was 23-0 in 3rd before they got on board a pi on me set up that td.

I won that game 37-14... romo threw 2 ints and fumbled 2 times losing one. Not sure but it seemed to me in both games that the cmp didn't do nothing until 4th quarter in both games

Another thing I noticed is a lot of fumbles in both games I think was like 6-7 fumbles combined last game both qb's fumbled 2 times each.
Old 07-08-2016, 09:23 PM   #38
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by azdawgpound
I've done this with 2 teams on ps4 cowboys and browns I've only set the awr to 99 didn't adjust any other ratings because most play makers on cowboys had 90+ in most areas.

I've played 2 games and in both the browns had their way with cowboys romo got knocked out on very first play of game in first one and missed rest of game.

The cowboys running game was unstoppable in first one as Elliott had 24 carries 146 yards 2 TDs.

Moore struggled in replacing romo but did throw 2 late TDs to make score look not so bad I won 31-28.

Second one romo played entire game but struggled it was 23-0 in 3rd before they got on board a pi on me set up that td.

I won that game 37-14... romo threw 2 ints and fumbled 2 times losing one. Not sure but it seemed to me in both games that the cmp didn't do nothing until 4th quarter in both games

Another thing I noticed is a lot of fumbles in both games I think was like 6-7 fumbles combined last game both qb's fumbled 2 times each.
A couple things now...
1) Don't know your Slider setup (penalties included)
- did you use default, what I suggested or a setup of your own?

2) Adjust Browns players positional ratings to be in-line with how you feel they should play in your eyes (it's your game), then do the same with Dallas.

- remember that "90+" is meant to get a player to play/behave a certain way during gameplay, not being rated on a best to worst concept.

- what where the Carry ratings of the players who fumbled?
When you see something occurring in-game, take a look at the ratings that play a role in driving it to occur (it's about the ratings)

- truthfully, outside of Hayden (in my view), and the DL/edge rushers for generating pass rush purposes, no other player on that team should posses positional ratings near "90".

- they have one good aging LT, no other OL should have any rating near 90 if you want the line to behave accurately.

3) Default rosters have edge rushers PMV/FMV reversed which is limiting this area.
- they're rated higher with PMV and low with FMV
- set FMV at 90+ and watch the effort with moves (do the same for rushing DT's)
- set ACC & AGL at 90+ and they'll bend the edge/corner and burst like V. Miller (if you want)

- hope you can see where I'm going with this and the pattern, as the ratings are sensitive to what they are now.

Tell me how you would like to see a player/position to perform and I can tell you what ratings to adjust to accomplish it.

Look forward to your feedback!!!

BTW, sorry about Romo, but my man is rather fragile at this point.

Last edited by khaliib; 07-08-2016 at 09:27 PM.
Old 07-08-2016, 09:52 PM   #39
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
A couple things now...
1) Don't know your Slider setup (penalties included)
- did you use default, what I suggested or a setup of your own?

2) Adjust Browns players positional ratings to be in-line with how you feel they should play in your eyes (it's your game), then do the same with Dallas.

- remember that "90+" is meant to get a player to play/behave a certain way during gameplay, not being rated on a best to worst concept.

- what where the Carry ratings of the players who fumbled?
When you see something occurring in-game, take a look at the ratings that play a role in driving it to occur (it's about the ratings)

- truthfully, outside of Hayden (in my view), and the DL/edge rushers for generating pass rush purposes, no other player on that team should posses positional ratings near "90".

- they have one good aging LT, no other OL should have any rating near 90 if you want the line to behave accurately.

3) Default rosters have edge rushers PMV/FMV reversed which is limiting this area.
- they're rated higher with PMV and low with FMV
- set FMV at 90+ and watch the effort with moves (do the same for rushing DT's)
- set ACC & AGL at 90+ and they'll bend the edge/corner and burst like V. Miller (if you want)

- hope you can see where I'm going with this and the pattern, as the ratings are sensitive to what they are now.

Tell me how you would like to see a player/position to perform and I can tell you what ratings to adjust to accomplish it.

Look forward to your feedback!!!

BTW, sorry about Romo, but my man is rather fragile at this point.
I used what u suggested for sliders etc

Far as carry rating rg3 has 65 romo has 50 they were ones mostly fumbling

Now far as I see not to many 90+ for ratings most oline has mid 80's to lower 70's for blocking

Dline has mid 70's, 80's for pm and FM

Lbers are only 60's to 70's for pm,fm.. mc, zc are 60's, 70's

CB only haden, and 2 Williams have mid 80's mc, zc

So not many players with 90 or above ratings through whole team in areas that matter.
Old 07-08-2016, 11:23 PM   #40
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by azdawgpound
I used what u suggested for sliders etc

Far as carry rating rg3 has 65 romo has 50 they were ones mostly fumbling
This is good, cause normally they wouldn't fumble that much.

Now far as I see not to many 90+ for ratings most oline has mid 80's to lower 70's for blocking

Dline has mid 70's, 80's for pm and FM
the DL/LB's will decide how good an OL will be.
By giving 90's to certain players, we can circumvent the over affectiveness of OL blocking.
Dallas has 2-3 good edge rushers, but that's it, thus the difficulty of stoping even an mediocre team.

Lbers are only 60's to 70's for pm,fm.. mc, zc are 60's, 70's
use Block Shed combined with Play Rec to differentiate between LB.
Someone like Dansby would be set at 90 for both to make him stand out among the LB group

CB only haden, and 2 Williams have mid 80's mc, zc
set Haden's MCV/ZCV and Press to 90+, and he'll shut down average to good WR.

So not many players with 90 or above ratings through whole team in areas that matter.
See red above.
I wish you were on X1.
Would be a lot easier to see the setup for each team.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »