Connected Franchise Mode: A Rebuild - Page 10 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Connected Franchise Mode: A Rebuild

This is a discussion on Connected Franchise Mode: A Rebuild within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football

Old 07-19-2016, 07:59 PM   #73
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Connected Franchise Mode: A Rebuild

Give me madden 17 gameplay with Head Coach as the base for CFM. Granted it's easier said than done but wasn't it 4 years ago that the devs told us that was the plan? To incorporate more and more things from HC into cfm, I honestly haven't seen it yet, the practice squad might be the only thing from HC in cfm. Where is the scouting of both college and pro players? Where is the injury system? The game planning? Etc

To the OP, your killing me. I thought I could deal with cfm this year bc of the upgrades to gameplay but reading your post made me realize how very much we are still missing. There's just no immersion for me.
Old 07-19-2016, 08:25 PM   #74
#Ace

Speedy's Arena

OVR: 27

Spoiler

Absolutely tremendous ideas surrounding coaching as there is a tangible way coaching impacts the players and where it's subtly suggested of how to make decisions. The coincided effort in masking player ratings where the user must rely on coaching makes this so much more of a genius idea.

Spoiler

I LOVE this idea of a dynamic season durability versus a simply stamina rating...really would make sure the user uses every player on the roster to ensure the stars don't get just beaten down by season's end.

Spoiler

This is perhaps my most favorite idea that could be implemented in every sporting game. Versus simply relying on ratings to build a roster or ensure the user puts a "winning team", this type of system would enhance the draft and scouts as well as coaching. I like the idea of seeing a player's combine stats and drill performance, then see my position coach's thoughts and finally weighing which one I think will do better.

This would then mean I could drop a guy I think is worth snot...and user B picks him up and HIS coach sees more potential than mine does and he ends up as a good backup or even starter/all-star.

All of your ideas are top notch, well-thought and are congruent! I don't think I've ever seen a post where everything went together so seemlessly and one feature complements another.
It's hard though...especially when I got my neighbor playing their franchise across the street...maybe I will occupy myself with Glamore Magazine.
Old 07-19-2016, 08:29 PM   #75
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

[quote=SolidSquid;2048294114]Give me madden 17 gameplay with Head Coach as the base for CFM. Granted it's easier said than done but wasn't it 4 years ago that the devs told us that was the plan? To incorporate more and more things from HC into cfm, I honestly haven't seen it yet, the practice squad might be the only thing from HC in cfm. Where is the scouting of both college and pro players? Where is the injury system? The game planning? Etc

/QUOTE]

You are correct, but that was under the Ian regime and Josh Looman in charge of Franchise and Head Coach.
Old 07-19-2016, 10:27 PM   #76
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

[quote=roadman;2048294162]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid
Give me madden 17 gameplay with Head Coach as the base for CFM. Granted it's easier said than done but wasn't it 4 years ago that the devs told us that was the plan? To incorporate more and more things from HC into cfm, I honestly haven't seen it yet, the practice squad might be the only thing from HC in cfm. Where is the scouting of both college and pro players? Where is the injury system? The game planning? Etc

/QUOTE]

You are correct, but that was under the Ian regime and Josh Looman in charge of Franchise and Head Coach.
Are you sure? I could have sworn it was Rex n Co. The Ian regime feels like it was soooooo long ago
Old 07-19-2016, 11:23 PM   #77
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

[quote=SolidSquid;2048294337]
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman

Are you sure? I could have sworn it was Rex n Co. The Ian regime feels like it was soooooo long ago
Yeah, I'm pretty sure. The last HC was made when Ian was in charge. Ian was around for Madden 12 and the start of production for 13.
Old 07-20-2016, 12:36 AM   #78
Rookie

Sphinx's Arena

[quote=roadman;2048294401]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid

Yeah, I'm pretty sure. The last HC was made when Ian was in charge. Ian was around for Madden 12 and the start of production for 13.
Yeah I'm pretty sure it was Ian as well. Josh was the one who was pushing all of the Head Coach and CFM stuff forward I think. I do feel that the latest development team are trying their best to accommodate as many people as possible. I think one thing we can all agree on is that they have a wide audience to try and appeal to with consumers, the nfl, internal executives and anyone else that has a say with what goes in the game. Bottom line is, I wish we could get everything we want, I wish Deuce could take these awesome ideas and float them to 2k and get a fully customized football game with made. But I doubt that would happen. Someday we'll get the game we all want.
Old 07-20-2016, 06:52 AM   #79
Rookie

drewdavi's Arena

OVR: 5

Madden's sales allow EA to continue to limit improvements year to year. It's hard for anyone to argue that EA's current Madden has more, or better features than other sport titles like NBA 2k, or MLB The Show. Each is a unique game, but that does not mean EA should bury their head in the sand. Madden seems outdated, shallow, and missing the living world feeling. Playing NCAA 14 feels more alive than Madden 16. Hopefully '17 is different.
Old 07-21-2016, 11:11 AM   #80
MVP

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
Totally agree on draft day presentation, although realistically the speed at which peopls are selected would cause only two or three teams to be talked about each round.

I would suggest a brief intro while the draft isbloading the focuses primarily on the first team to draft and when they pick immediate commentary on the first guy chosen. After that it could be which ever team comes up next, and from there a generic comment about what round we are in.

Most of all, not every comment has to be team specific. Just random banter about team building when you're in round three or something, and maybe commentary on when a player projected high is taken late, etc.
I agree and it's the one thing that I knew really wouldn't fit within the online realm. As for offline though, I'm not completely sure but I think there's something or at least has been in the past that let's you control the speed of the draft. I remember when they had the draft storylines sitting through the draft and there was a decent amount of down time in between picks and enough I think where you could fit a few blurbs in there. This was by far the most out there thing out of everything and I'd never expect them to go all-in on something like that but in the scenario they did, what I outlined would obviously be the slow while medium or normal would just be blurbs about the players and then fast would be saying who's on the clock, blurbs about your players only, etc.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »