Home

Connected Franchise Mode: A Rebuild

This is a discussion on Connected Franchise Mode: A Rebuild within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2017, 01:09 PM   #377
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Connected Franchise Mode: A Rebuild

Hoping the great work here gets put to use someday.. if not by EA than by someone else.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 08-13-2017, 01:53 PM   #378
Rookie

Cato06's Arena

I like the more accessible news and league update screen ideas but really the best thing to get the player fully immersed into their league is having the weekly rundown show like NFL2K5.There is nothing more easier than just hitting "Y" button , sitting back and letting all the info of your league come to you without lifting a finger. Having to navigate through a bunch of menus to find standings, weekly awards, scores, injuries, playoff picture, draft prospects is just too much no matter how you organize it. 2K was genius with sports center rundown.

Last edited by Cato06; 08-13-2017 at 01:56 PM.
Old 08-13-2017, 03:22 PM   #379
MVP

RogerDodger's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cato06
I like the more accessible news and league update screen ideas but really the best thing to get the player fully immersed into their league is having the weekly rundown show like NFL2K5.There is nothing more easier than just hitting "Y" button , sitting back and letting all the info of your league come to you without lifting a finger. Having to navigate through a bunch of menus to find standings, weekly awards, scores, injuries, playoff picture, draft prospects is just too much no matter how you organize it. 2K was genius with sports center rundown.
I like the radio show in MLB The Show, it could work very nicely playing in the background while navigating the menus imo. I can understand the technical difficulties in doing highlight packages of other games but the concept of having a social media feed much like NBA 2k is dynamite.
Old 08-13-2017, 06:29 PM   #380
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerDodger
I like the radio show in MLB The Show, it could work very nicely playing in the background while navigating the menus imo. I can understand the technical difficulties in doing highlight packages of other games but the concept of having a social media feed much like NBA 2k is dynamite.
I definitely agree with this. Having something like that where it just goes through scores, stats, standings, injuries, etc. would be great and would be hard to become stale each week because the information would always be different. I don't need to watch canned highlights to be immersed. This would also help remedy a lot of people's disdain with the Madden soundtracks as well. If they could get another person with a good voice to be able to come in and constantly record stuff I'd be completely on board with something like that.
Old 08-13-2017, 07:09 PM   #381
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
I tweeted this out earlier this week:

and I have plans for more CFM content and feedback throughout the year to try and keep the ball rolling but I'm debating on whether or not it's even worth the time anymore.
I doubt it will be worth it since the higher ups at EA probably don't care about making franchise mode better. I do wish they would add at least a little bit of the stuff you wrote into Madden because it would make franchise mode a lot better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2017, 07:37 PM   #382
Rookie

Cato06's Arena

Quote:
I definitely agree with this. Having something like that where it just goes through scores, stats, standings, injuries, etc. would be great and would be hard to become stale each week because the information would always be different. I don't need to watch canned highlights to be immersed. This would also help remedy a lot of people's disdain with the Madden soundtracks as well. If they could get another person with a good voice to be able to come in and constantly record stuff I'd be completely on board with something like that.
I like the radio idea and If done correctlyit would work great...but knowing EA's history I would hope they keep improving on it every year and it doesn't become one of those features they put in the game then remove it and replace it with something else 2 years down the road. The canned animations do get old quickly. I agree. Unless they are used specifically to reflect actual stats in the game. Ex) your receiver has a big game, scores a TD and gets 10 catches, so they already have a few canned animations set up for that. Whenever I watched the rundown I never really cared for the animations, it was more just to see who won or lost and to see any injury updates, or playoff picture.
Old 08-13-2017, 07:42 PM   #383
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1

I didn't like the "radio show" in MLB The Show but I loved the Tony Bruno Radio Show. I feel like it was just done better and I liked it when he took calls from the public and they gave their input on the games or players that week.

I'd be definitely down if they put something like that in.
Old 08-13-2017, 08:32 PM   #384
Pro

Brooklynbks4's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
I tweeted this out earlier this week:

and I have plans for more CFM content and feedback throughout the year to try and keep the ball rolling but I'm debating on whether or not it's even worth the time anymore.

This has been an amazing write up and really a blueprint for what cfm should be. I say if you can keep updating it the more ideas the better and hopefully will be looked at as a guide for cfm in the future .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »