Home

Connected Franchise Mode: A Rebuild

This is a discussion on Connected Franchise Mode: A Rebuild within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-24-2017, 11:08 AM   #393
Rookie

jtshurtleff's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Connected Franchise Mode: A Rebuild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toupal
I would dedicate any free time I had to that. I just wouldn't know where to even begin.
The best place to begin is just to begin. Every artist ever says to just start. Couldn't hurt. Wish I had the time and imagination to do stuff like this.
Old 08-24-2017, 11:27 AM   #394
Pro

triplechin's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
I would dedicate any free time I had to that. I just wouldn't know where to even begin.
I have been working on a write up, would love to share it with you and see if youre interested in the concepts. Not a finished product yet but willing to share with anyone who will listen. Really want to get sim gamers on the same page so we can tell EA how we want franchise mode to be.

FRANCHISE OVERHAULED
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...verhauled.html

PROGRESSION OVERHAULED
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...verhauled.html
Old 08-24-2017, 11:35 AM   #395
Rookie

Quote:
I am in the same boat as you RogerDodger....

I am happy that people enjoy Longshot. My fear is that this in one more nail in the coffin for CFM.

I am really holding my breath for what they did with NBA Live, because I expect EVERY improvement they add this year to be in Madden 19.

That they tried to save a buck by moving John White to NBA Live for a season, as opposed to hire their own guy is why EA was voted the worst company 2 years in a row.
Agree with your post. With the John White part tho, heard him say in the T4Verts interview that him not being around as much had no bearing on CFM for Madden this year (kind of stuck his foot in his mouth IMO). His 'team' was still in place for Madden and what we got this year was the product of their work under his direction. Lol, i won't give my further 'opinion' on that, but you can imagine my thoughts.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2017, 11:37 AM   #396
MVP

Toupal's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by triplechin
I have been working on a write up, would love to share it with you and see if youre interested in the concepts. Not a finished product yet but willing to share with anyone who will listen. Really want to get sim gamers on the same page so we can tell EA how we want franchise mode to be.
I would love that! PM me, and I can get you my info.
Old 08-24-2017, 11:38 AM   #397
MVP

Toupal's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by deu22ces
Agree with your post. With the John White part tho, heard him say in the T4Verts interview that him not being around as much had no bearing on CFM for Madden this year (kind of stuck his foot in his mouth IMO). His 'team' was still in place for Madden and what we got this year was the product of their work under his direction. Lol, i won't give my further 'opinion' on that, but you can imagine my thoughts.
Well since it came straight from the horses mouth.... Makes you wonder what held Maddens' franchise mode back this year?
Old 09-12-2017, 02:48 PM   #398
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Here's all the weekly mockups I've done this year showing what the real NFL news and happenings could look like in Madden. Click for full-size. Also going to have something new here later today as well.

Preseason Week 1

Preseason Week 2

Preseason Week 3

Preseason Week 4

Week 1

Week 2

Last edited by DeuceDouglas; 09-12-2017 at 02:50 PM.
Old 09-12-2017, 03:12 PM   #399
MVP

Toupal's Arena

I look forward to your updates on this thread more than I do Madden Updates
Old 09-12-2017, 06:39 PM   #400
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

So one of CFM's biggest issues in regards to immersion is it's inability to keep you updated with what is happening around your CFM. This is something that, in the beginning, CFM actually did fairly well. Your CFM news as well as the Twitter feed were front and center at all times and gave you a decent look at what was happening around your CFM. Even now with the news feed back on the front page it's cluttered with irrelevant stories like how you practiced Cover 2 this week. Who cares? And don't even get me started on what happens once you actually open it up.

This is something I've tried to improve upon in my mockups with the news hub but even that has it's own deficiencies in that you're only really getting the four main stories and then whatever is in the Twitter feed. It keeps you updated on the main stuff but everything else is still kind of lost in the shuffle so this would aim to remedy that.

Around the League Weekly Recap

The idea here is that at the end of every week you play, upon advancing the week you'd immediately be taken to a screen like the one above that would contain a section or slide like you see for each game played in the given week. Each slide would have a headline and small blurb about the game as well as a consolidated box score with top performers and then any relevant tweets pertaining to that specific game on the right.

I know weekly recap shows are always a hot topic when it comes to franchise but honestly that's never been my thing. I'm assuming it would also be a very cost-intensive feature in terms of time and resources and in terms of what would be put in versus what would come out of it, I just don't think that's worth it. What I'm proposing here would be using, more or less, what is already there and just presenting it in a much better fashion and in way that isn't intrusive but also gets you relevant information quickly and efficiently. It wouldn't be flashy like a highlight show would be but it would be effective.

What this does is gives you a weekly all-encompassing look at what is happening around the entire league in one quick viewing platform. From each slide you can choose to view the whole box score of any game. If you're in an online league with multiple users you'd be greeted with this screen during your next login after an advance by the commissioner. What I show here only includes games but could be expanded to also include players of the week and standings as well giving you even more insight as to what was going on around the league. You could also add something like a story priority option where the stories that pop up first could be toggled between things like playoff race, division foes, etc. rather than just in order of time like I've shown here. My main goal was just to take a lot of what's already present and consolidate it into something that is more intuitive. Instead of having to open the news feed and search through the muck for relevant information and then having to go to another screen to see stats you get it all in one spot, neatly organized and in a way where it's there if you want to look at it and a button press away from being gone if you don't.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »