Connected Franchise Mode: A Rebuild - Page 51 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Connected Franchise Mode: A Rebuild

This is a discussion on Connected Franchise Mode: A Rebuild within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football

Old 09-12-2017, 08:48 PM   #401
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Connected Franchise Mode: A Rebuild

I think you're letting ea sports off to easy without a highlight show . They used espn in nbalive 18 and they own the exclusive license so why not use it to at least espn standard . Imagine if espn did presentation like madden with just Twitter and told us what color jersey and how practice with cover 2. I'm pretty sure espn would be lame . Anyways I like everything you said duece.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Old 09-12-2017, 09:50 PM   #402
MVP

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by RudyBrown
I think you're letting ea sports off to easy without a highlight show .
Maybe so. I'm just looking at it from a perspective where a highlight show doesn't really interest or do much for me. I was never really a fan of 2K's and while I can appreciate what it adds, I think there are other ways to achieve close enough to the same thing while not needing it to be a fully fledged, big time feature. CFM has such a long way to go that we are kind of forced to let them off easy and deal with the hand we're dealt IMO.

The other thing I was considering is the way CFM features have been treated since it was first introduced. A couple things I've learned over the last several years is that if something is implemented into CFM it's highly likely that A) It's not going to be fully fleshed out and/or work properly and B) If it doesn't start with X and end with P then it's even more unlikely that it will be built upon. So I could pound the table for a highlight show but the reality of that might becomes something akin to the Extra Point show and then not much else to show for from a feature standpoint. I agree that it probably is letting them off easy but I'm willing to do that with the more ancillary features until we can get some serious meat and potatoes to the mode to make it worthwhile. Once it gets to a point where it's worth investing significant time into then letting them off easy won't be much of a factor I don't think.
Old 09-12-2017, 09:54 PM   #403
3-4 Defense

roll2tide's Arena

OVR: 13

There's no way they get a highlight show right. Let them get text based news right first.

Be Good Or Be Gone
Sent from Galaxy S8+
GT roll2tide
Let's play Madden or Fifa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
You're doing it wrong EA

Twitter roll2tide
Old 09-12-2017, 11:22 PM   #404
Rookie

peki's Arena

OVR: 1

If someone made a game exactly like this, with all the ideas you had, and that game worked right away without the need for 16 patches and tunes and whatnot - I would easily pay not 60$ but a 160$ for that game. Actually, make it 200$ even. Without thinking.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 09-13-2017, 10:02 PM   #405
Rookie

natetorres's Arena

This is amazing. I really hope EA takes a look at this wishlists. If I could add one thing to your list, it would be year to year saves. If it was already included then forgive me I must have just missed it.
Old 09-14-2017, 11:31 AM   #406
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by roll2tide
There's no way they get a highlight show right. Let them get text based news right first.

Be Good Or Be Gone
Sent from Galaxy S8+
GT roll2tide
I agree, i think EA clearly has demonstrated that they dont have the talent to create something as good as 2k's weekly rundown show. If they are not ready, dont rush it. If they tried it again I think They will look for the easy way out like they did in 2010 i think it was. When they had the show that was just pre recorded scenes with real life people and gave 0 depth and information as to what was happening in the league.

If they can get text based news to a certain level I bet they could turn it into a show. However I would still like to see them work towards a rundown show because it adds so much more immersion just to sit back hit one button and let all the leagues information come to you. It can be exhausting cruising through endless menus just to get the info your looking for. I remember playing 2K5 and after every week i always watched the weekly show. it never got stale because i always wanted to see the stats and what other teams won. I didnt care that it would show the same prerecorded highlights, I watched it for the depth it gave on weekly awards, stats, scores, draft prospects, standings, playoff picture. It was fantasy football and video games combined in a perfect world for Franchise guys.
Old 09-14-2017, 11:51 AM   #407
MVP

Toupal's Arena

They seem to have something in the works with NBA Live for a "highlight show"

Old 09-14-2017, 12:12 PM   #408
3-4 Defense

roll2tide's Arena

OVR: 13

I honestly don't think it's lack of talent. I think the devs likely balance 3 things: their own vision, consumer feedback, and directives handed down, with the latter severely hampering the 2 former.

Be Good Or Be Gone
Sent from Galaxy S8+
GT roll2tide

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
You're doing it wrong EA

Twitter roll2tide

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »