Connected Franchise Mode: A Rebuild - Page 9 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Connected Franchise Mode: A Rebuild

This is a discussion on Connected Franchise Mode: A Rebuild within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football

Old 07-19-2016, 03:40 PM   #65
MVP

OVR: 5
Re: Connected Franchise Mode: A Rebuild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sphinx
I think one main issue that many of us (myself included) fail to realize is that EA did essentially try out a game for the sim minded people. They put out NFL head coach and while I don't know the exact sales numbers, I think we can safely assume that it did not sell as well as Madden.
I could be wrong, haven't tried NFL Head Coach in ages, but I don't think it had interactive gameplay which is a huge missing element and probably why it didn't sell as well.
Old 07-19-2016, 03:52 PM   #66
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
I could be wrong, haven't tried NFL Head Coach in ages, but I don't think it had interactive gameplay which is a huge missing element and probably why it didn't sell as well.
you are correct and that is why it failed.Comparing it to what Deuce has said , in no way proves it wouldnt work or make money in the gaming industry.

Im not buying any game where i just watch the game do everything.No point in really playing it to me . Even with the detail behind the sense stuff, without me being able to control gameplay , its just kinda boring. Which is not what Deuce wrote up . Thats why that game feel short of the mark.Would have thought those who make games for a living would have known that before hand , seems they dont know it all , all the time.

Maybe thats why EA has thought about it some more and are now trying to put in a couple things per year to build it back towards a mixture of HC09 and CFM .The issue to me is, how long it takes , ill be retired before it gets where it should be at the rate it is going .

Last edited by howboutdat; 07-19-2016 at 03:56 PM.
Old 07-19-2016, 04:14 PM   #67
Rookie

sir psycho's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by howboutdat
The issue to me is, how long it takes , ill be retired before it gets where it should be at the rate it is going .
Yeah, but then you'll have more time to play the game once they finally get it right.

I have to agree about Head Coach 09. The management aspect, and the depth of it was AMAZING, but I just couldn't keep at it for very long, because I wanted to actually play the games too. It had nothing to do with the quality, just the lack of any actual on-field playing. I'd kill for them to just bring over the off-field aspect of Head Coach to Madden franchise mode. Very disappointing that we are nowhere near that level yet.
Old 07-19-2016, 04:14 PM   #68
Rookie

lowndsy's Arena

OVR: 2

I think that if Head coach had Madden graphics the game would have and still would sell well.

I am probably in the minority that am happy to CPU vs CPU games as I am not good at button mashing so I would actually let my team down by playing.

So as many a better man than me has said each to his own and we can get along. Maybe one day madden will have a head coach mode rather than CFM.

Over and out....
Old 07-19-2016, 04:17 PM   #69
Rookie

Yazan Gable's Arena

OVR: 0

The button mashing is probably the issue, gotta have a deft touch. Tenderness, etc.
Old 07-19-2016, 06:53 PM   #70
Rookie

All of you guys that are suggesting that a head coach re-boot with actual gameplay would sell well are missing an important point: incentive. EA sports has no incentive to do that. If they created a head-coach like game that was playable like madden but geared towards sim then yes, all us sim gamers would buy it, but then we would have no reason to buy madden. EA would likely sell the same total number of games but would spend much more for the development of a whole different title. EA knows that enough of us will buy madden anyway unless we have an alternative. Why would they create their own competition by producing an alternative?

That is the same reason that they don't have to overhaul franchise mode - all us crazy dedicated sim football fans don't have anywhere else to go. We're going to buy madden. It's the people that don't care much about football or that care about collecting/competition (MUT) more than the actual sport (and therefore can do that in other games) that EA needs to fight to sell games to. Competition is key.

My guess is that in the future Madden will attempt to grab additional sales by introducing an RPG style mode like FIFA is. Think of it this way:

Will casual gamers buy Madden? Yes, as long as there is a play now mode and as long as the gameplay is fun and not too complicated. Check.

Will online/competition gamers buy Madden? Yes, as long as the game remains competitive and the online/competition mode is updated and maintained. Check.

Will sim franchise fans buy Madden? Yes, since Madden has a franchise mode and since there is no alternative. Check.

Will collectors/grind players/whatever-the-hell-the-appeal-of-MUT-is gamers buy Madden? Yes, as long as MUT exists and gets updated/maintained. Check.

Will RPG fans buy Madden? No, but they might buy FIFA for the first time. (I don't think they actually will, but I'm sure that's goal of the FIFA developers). Not check. That's the goal.

We're simply not the goal anymore. They have us sold already. I said in my previous post and I'll say again that the current Madden Devs are showing a real dedication to working hard to make a football game that does keep us happy, and for that they should be applauded, but they will not be throwing any Hail Mary's (metaphorically speaking) to enhance a game mode that appeals only to customers who are going to buy the game anyway.

I apologize for the long rant, but we see time and time these types of threads (which are cool and fun to read!) that are followed by hoards of replies complaining and griping about why in the world these features aren't already in the game or why they were taken out of the game, or how easy it would be to incorporate them, etc. etc. and then wondering, confused, every year why they don't get added.

All of that up there^^^ is why. Rex Dickson has done a great job and he truly seems to care about making the game good for us, but he still has a boss. And I'm sure that every year he has to show that boss what he did to increase/expand sales to new customers. Vastly re-worked franchise mode might make the existing customers happier, but it won't make more of them. And happier customers don't buy additional copies of the game.

But what might sell additional copies of the game is a feature that captures somebody who would not have otherwise bought the game - like an RPG fan - which is what the FIFA developers are going for.
Old 07-19-2016, 07:01 PM   #71
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonsUfPonarchy
Has anyone making the decisions at EA ever thought that more consumer time would be spent on Franchise mode, if they built a Franchise mode worth more of the consumer's time? Just my .02
They don't care about consumer time unless there are in-game purchases. Which there aren't in franchise.

Someone pays $60 for the game regardless of if they play for 2,000 hours or 5 minutes.

(Correction: Rex Dickson might care, but EA's bank account doesn't.)
Old 07-19-2016, 07:58 PM   #72
EA Game Changer

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo12308
They don't care about consumer time unless there are in-game purchases. Which there aren't in franchise.

Someone pays $60 for the game regardless of if they play for 2,000 hours or 5 minutes.

(Correction: Rex Dickson might care, but EA's bank account doesn't.)

False.

The more time people spend with the game the longer it goes without being traded in, and the more opportunity there is for them to try one of the other modes. It's not just about the sales anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »