Home

Madden NFL 23 Player Ratings Reveal Starts on July 18

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 23 Player Ratings Reveal Starts on July 18 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-08-2022, 11:17 AM   #1
Rookie

steelheat226's Arena

OVR: 0
Madden NFL 23 Player Ratings Reveal Starts on July 18

My source for this information is this link:

https://realsport101.com/madden/madd...ayers-99-club/

I must’ve missed it but in the article it states that EA recently announced this.

Trent Williams for the record is in the 99 Club as announced a couple days ago for those who haven’t seen. Didn’t see anyone mention it on the boards.

I personally can’t wait for this year’s Rookie Ratings
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2022, 12:20 PM   #2
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

Re: Ratings Week Starts July 18th

Trent Williams is going to the Hall of Fame. About time Madden recognized. Now they need to put Deebo over 90. It’s absurd that a guy who was Top 5 in rec yards, top 4 in yards per game, top ONE in YAC, and top ONE in yards per reception, top ONE in yards per target, AS WELL as set a record for rushing touchdowns for a WR, would be rated below 90.
https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2049813056

Last edited by your mom; 06-06-2006 at 6:06 PM.
Old 07-08-2022, 03:15 PM   #3
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

Will Amari Cooper still be a top 10 WR now that he doesn't play for Kane's Cowboys?
Old 07-08-2022, 04:43 PM   #4
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14
Will Amari Cooper still be a top 10 WR now that he doesn't play for Kane's Cowboys?

Amari Cooper was listed at OVR 90 (-1 from his final M22 OVR) and Superstar development in the semi-final base roster present in the M23 beta within Face Of The Franchise. If that holds, I can’t imagine there are ten other receivers in the league who climb above OVR 90.

Speaking of, anyone who kept notes from that Face Of The Franchise roster file will know very quickly how legitimate that specific roster file is relative to what EA Sports is about to roll out lol.
Old 07-08-2022, 07:46 PM   #5
Rookie

steelheat226's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14
Great question! The favoritism for Dallas is way too obvious with the sneaky ratings they give these guys.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2022, 04:17 PM   #6
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

Ratings Week Starts July 18th

Just gonna leave this here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by @PFF_Moo
Since 2019, there are 8 WRs with 300+ routes in single man coverage who have won their route at least 50% of the time.

M. Evans 55.6%
D. Adams 54.0%
AJ Brown 53.9%
Diontae Johnson 51.5%
J. Jefferson 50.8%
Tyreek 50.7%
A. Cooper 50.1%
OBJ 50.0%
Not sure why we are pretending Amari Cooper hasn’t repeatedly demonstrated that he is a tremendously technically skilled wide receiver for the past three years.
Old 07-10-2022, 04:34 PM   #7
Rookie

steelheat226's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
Just gonna leave this here.

Not sure why we are pretending Amari Cooper hasn’t repeatedly demonstrated that he is a tremendously technically skilled wide receiver for the past three years.
I think his point is the ratings guy always seems to favor Cowboys players. So with Cooper not a Cowboy, one has to wonder if he’ll be shown as much love as he has been along with other Dallas players.
Old 07-10-2022, 04:51 PM   #8
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

Ratings Week Starts July 18th

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelheat226
I think his point is the ratings guy always seems to favor Cowboys players. So with Cooper not a Cowboy, one has to wonder if he’ll be shown as much love as he has been along with other Dallas players.
The point I have been trying to make quietly and that I will now make out loud is that I don’t see any proof that this bias actually exists.

Rather, I think a lot of people dislike the Cowboys (this is rather obvious), then marry that dislike to the Cowboys’ lack of recent success in the volatile NFL postseason, and they combine their existing bias with that small sample size data set and their already-hypercritical eye to any decision by the Madden NFL dev team to make a faulty conclusion that many of the Dallas Cowboys players are overrated and that the dev team is screwing things up. In doing so, these people unfairly discard all the Cowboys’ regular season game results, which is a much higher sample size of game results from which to draw player ratings.

The fact of the matter is that the Cowboys have not finished a regular season below .500 in a season where their preseason starting quarterback was not significantly injured or otherwise disposed since 2002 (Quincy Carter’s second season). The Cowboys have for the past two decades consistently been a competitive football team that fields good football players, and some great football players even!

Additionally, Tiburon has an entire team of designers working on player ratings now. It’s not just one biased Cowboys fan making all the ratings decisions. That bias would now have to get past an entire team of designers watching games and evaluating player measurables, stats, and analytics data.

I sincerely look forward to a bunch of people calling first team All Pro cornerback Trevon Diggs overrated once these ratings start rolling out lol.

Last edited by CM Hooe; 07-10-2022 at 04:56 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »