Home

What's Changed In Madden In Past 3 Years?

This is a discussion on What's Changed In Madden In Past 3 Years? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-22-2016, 01:00 PM   #9
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: What's Changed In Madden In Past 3 Years?

The game is definitely getting better every year, especially since M25.. In the recent poll asking about enthusiasm being more or less since the initial M17 blogs, I stated my enthusiasm is less, but that is not to say I am not excited with the continuous improvements and direction of Madden, it was more about me lowering my expectations to a realistic level, and from a more realistic level, I am excited to get M17 onto my console and start another year of football gaming.

ALso, looking forward to M18, and the possibility of Frostbite...
Old 07-22-2016, 07:41 PM   #10
MVP

Brooke2011's Arena

Two things that stand out for graphics in the past 3 years is HD face scanning and lighting. In the past 3 years , the biggest gameplay feature was WR/DB interaction and catch variations. ..... This year I hope its Core gameplay like blocking AI, Special teams , tackling and defensive AI.
Old 07-23-2016, 12:35 PM   #11
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
This a tricky question Boiler569, even the staunches critics of Madden can't technically say nothings changed in the past 3 years BUT if you a referring to change in regard to NFL emulation, that's different. I don't care about change in Madden just for the sake of having something different, the game has done plenty of that in the past 3 years, when I think "change" it's less "Madden", ie video game/arcade football elements and more real football emulation, which imo isn't much fundamentally different from 3 years ago.

Fundamental is key because it's moot unless it makes a core difference and any real football change added to Madden over the past 3 years has made little to no core difference in Madden, imo.
I believe AI has been tweaked (and completely rewritten when it comes to line play) multiple times. Is that not considered fundamental changes? (Not a bait - I would really enjoy a conversation on this).

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2016, 12:42 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millennium
I believe AI has been tweaked (and completely rewritten when it comes to line play) multiple times. Is that not considered fundamental changes? (Not a bait - I would really enjoy a conversation on this).

I definitely agree Mill. When something is completely rewritten that has to be considered a fundamental change. And changing the AI whether it be a little tweak or being completely rewritten, I would consider that a fundamental change.

Also here is the definition of fundamental: forming a necessary base or core; of central importance.
Old 07-23-2016, 02:12 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:

I believe the AI has improved, but there are areas where other games AI seem to be better. Full disclosure, I'm going off a bunch of you tube videos and what others have said about the other game. I've never owned or played that other football game.

My opinion, as far as what's been changed, is that gameplay has moved toward more realistic and franchise has taken a nose dive into arcade. Change for the sake of change isn't necessarily good. It depends on what the OP likes.

The AI may have been improved in certain areas, but I think we still see legacy issues and where AI still needs improvement. Maybe that's were Big is coming from (don't want to speak for him).

Quick overall view....Gameplay and Gameplay AI has improved, franchise has driven itself deep into arcade. Just my opinion.
Old 07-23-2016, 02:29 PM   #14
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
I believe the AI has improved, but there are areas where other games AI seem to be better. Full disclosure, I'm going off a bunch of you tube videos and what others have said about the other game. I've never owned or played that other football game.

My opinion, as far as what's been changed, is that gameplay has moved toward more realistic and franchise has taken a nose dive into arcade. Change for the sake of change isn't necessarily good. It depends on what the OP likes.

The AI may have been improved in certain areas, but I think we still see legacy issues and where AI still needs improvement. Maybe that's were Big is coming from (don't want to speak for him).

Quick overall view....Gameplay and Gameplay AI has improved, franchise has driven itself deep into arcade. Just my opinion.
I'm okay with that. I think a lot of features of franchise mode will need to been seen in implementation for full judgement, but I can absolutely see where your thought process comes in. Making franchise mode into a RPG model for progression was a large step, and there are people on both sides of the fence from that move.

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!
Old 07-23-2016, 02:59 PM   #15
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

Quote:
I'm okay with that. I think a lot of features of franchise mode will need to been seen in implementation for full judgement, but I can absolutely see where your thought process comes in. Making franchise mode into a RPG model for progression was a large step, and there are people on both sides of the fence from that move.

I just wish they would make OTAs and training camp a thing. You know, maybe do your player improvements during these two portions of the off-season, maybe one with drills to improve physical attributes and one to improve position specific attributes, and things like awareness could be improved during the season (when players really watch film)?

The addition of an actual practice squad was excellent step. Still need actual assistant coaches, and some more tweaks (including a working draft board). But they have come far.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2016, 03:01 PM   #16
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:

Thanks. A lot of people definitely enjoy that RPG stuff. Even though I personally don't enjoy it, I don't want to see it removed. I just want a realistic alternative to CFM. Not holding my breath for it, but still desperately want it.

For me, CFM is close to not worth playing if it's so unrealistic. I know it's unrealistic and it's frustrating when others try to prove it is something it's not (CFM).

I'm very much OK with anyone liking the RPG/Goals stuff. Doesn't bother me at all when someone enjoys it. Just wish there were a realistic alternative so the rest of us could enjoy Madden. It is the only NFL 3D video game around.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »