Home

If you start out the season 0-6, do you...

This is a discussion on If you start out the season 0-6, do you... within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-22-2016, 01:31 PM   #17
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: If you start out the season 0-6, do you...

0-6?

I'd thank my lucky stars and lock in my sliders...

When playing CFM with my usual choice of a rebuild with a rookie QB, that's the "early return" result I shoot for...

Old 07-22-2016, 04:09 PM   #18
MVP

NewscasterNews4's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon27
True. I'm kind of ticked off right now. My Dolphins season is in my 6th or 7th year. Ryan Tannehill progressed nicely into the 90's for me, but his age is up there now, so I drafted a QB in the 5th round, he hit my roster at an 80OVR with quick development. Talk about perfect timing for a replacement. Although in reality, the timing really stinks because I doubt I'll even get to play a game with this guy as my time with Madden 16 nears it's end.
I feel ya, even if I draft a QB this offseason I'll only be able to play a few games with the guy before 17 drops and I'll probably never play 16 again lol. Still, its worth it to tank so I can get a new QB, and if I do ever fire up 16 after I get 17 I guess I'll get to play with that guy more.
Old 07-22-2016, 04:10 PM   #19
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon27
True. I'm kind of ticked off right now. My Dolphins season is in my 6th or 7th year. Ryan Tannehill progressed nicely into the 90's for me, but his age is up there now, so I drafted a QB in the 5th round, he hit my roster at an 80OVR with quick development. Talk about perfect timing for a replacement. Although in reality, the timing really stinks because I doubt I'll even get to play a game with this guy as my time with Madden 16 nears it's end.

Yeah. It's kind of funny when u play with a decent team, or have a decent player, and whether/when to get rid of them. I play with the Falcons, exclusively. I had no issues dumping Roddy white immediately, as that's happening anyways, and his ratings were already off in madden as he's over 30. And, I wanted to feature Julio, anyways. I picked up a decent FA and drafted to fill out WR, appropriately. Matt Ryan is the interesting one. I like him, and I feel he is a top 10 QB, and skill wise, could legit be a top 5. But, he's not a baller, u know? Lol. He's a boring pocket passer. So, in my CFM, he leads me to a super bowl or 2, and I randomly drafted a QB somewhere that ended up being a gem (he was listed 4th rd. I took him in the 3rd). He was a mobile QB with 90 spd, and quality accuracy all around. So, Ryan wins me another SB, and the next year, I'm like, 'eh. Sorry Ryan. I'm starting the young, mobile guy.' Lol. Ryan was only slightly technically better in accuracy, so I really didn't see a drop-off. But, if this had been real life, I think Ryan would've been pretty pissed! So, my young QB leads me to a SB, and Ryan retires as backup in the offseason. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-22-2016, 05:06 PM   #20
#1 conrhusker fan

huskerfan4life's Arena

OVR: 13

I play it out and try to do the best that I can and hope I can get a good draft pick

Follow Me On Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/bigbadjz
Old 07-22-2016, 05:29 PM   #21
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1

I continue to play as I normally do which is, play one game, sim two games, play one, sim two, and then I sim one playoff game, then play the next, and I always play the Super Bowl if I make it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2016, 06:36 PM   #22
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by pw_1016
A) SIM the rest of the season since it is unlikely you will make the playoffs so you just go straight to the draft and get ready for next season.
Or B) Play each of the remaining games as "practice"
Or
C) Re-start your whole franchise.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

0-6???? Yeah, well, i only play cfm, 0-6, im tanking, especially if those were divisional games, time to put myself in a great position for the offseason, top 5 draft pick, dont spend any xp on "trade bait" players and load up talent for next season
NCAAF- MIAMI LSU
"IM SO UPTOWN AND IF U AIN'T MOTHA#$@ DONT GO UPTOWN, YEAH"

Quote:
How often can the bug be reproduced? That's a question for the developers...I'm not testing this for them...
Old 07-22-2016, 07:20 PM   #23
MVP

Godgers12's Arena

Since I only play online CFM. In the rare and I do mean rare instances I start 1-6 or worse, I tank. At least I admit it lol. I'm usually a SB contender in most of my CFM's so when I have a horrid start it's usually because I lost my QB, who I like to run around with. Or I was on vacation and got sim L's. There is an art to tanking so no one catches on , because penalty for tanking is loss of 1st round pick. I'll score, but in key moments I'll throw short of the 3rd down, and on D I'll call a coverage I know will get torched. But like I said, I've only ever been in that position once. My 93 spd 98 OVR QB tore his ACL week 1, I started 1-5, ended up going 3-13. Following year I went 13-3 lol. But I legit felt bad about it and vowed to never tank again. Madden should add a draft lottery option for online CFM's.

If walls could talk to spill the lies, we'd see the world through devils eyes
-M. Shadows
Old 07-22-2016, 07:28 PM   #24
MVP

Godgers12's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMrHanky
Yeah. It's kind of funny when u play with a decent team, or have a decent player, and whether/when to get rid of them. I play with the Falcons, exclusively. I had no issues dumping Roddy white immediately, as that's happening anyways, and his ratings were already off in madden as he's over 30. And, I wanted to feature Julio, anyways. I picked up a decent FA and drafted to fill out WR, appropriately. Matt Ryan is the interesting one. I like him, and I feel he is a top 10 QB, and skill wise, could legit be a top 5. But, he's not a baller, u know? Lol. He's a boring pocket passer. So, in my CFM, he leads me to a super bowl or 2, and I randomly drafted a QB somewhere that ended up being a gem (he was listed 4th rd. I took him in the 3rd). He was a mobile QB with 90 spd, and quality accuracy all around. So, Ryan wins me another SB, and the next year, I'm like, 'eh. Sorry Ryan. I'm starting the young, mobile guy.' Lol. Ryan was only slightly technically better in accuracy, so I really didn't see a drop-off. But, if this had been real life, I think Ryan would've been pretty pissed! So, my young QB leads me to a SB, and Ryan retires as backup in the offseason. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah it sucks having a beast team, then new Maddens ruins everything. I have Von Miller, Kahlil Mack, Muhammad Wilkerson, Star Lutulele, a 97 OVR 34 DE I drafted, a 6-2 95 spd 95 ovr CB I drafted, Zaviar Gooden, 93 spd 98 OVR QB, Kevin White, 91 spd 86 str 95 trk HB. Damn I'm going to miss that team. It's a fantasy league, but only guys I drafted in the fantasy draft were White and Miller. The rest I acquired via trade.

If walls could talk to spill the lies, we'd see the world through devils eyes
-M. Shadows

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »