Home

Madden 17 Franchise Plans

This is a discussion on Madden 17 Franchise Plans within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-06-2016, 07:39 PM   #113
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 17 Franchise Plans

I was torn between the Giants and Cowboys this year in my CFM. Theres 4 of us and two of my friends favorite teams are the steelers and dolphins, that put me in the NFC and in M16 i did lengthy CFMs with the Bears and Bucs so i want to play against some different teams. Thought about the 49ers, but i prefer to play a 4-3. So i chose Dallas.

My main focus is going to be rebuilding the depth and getting Dak Prescott ready to take over, unless the Jets cut Hackenberg, then i'll try to develop both Hackenberg and Prescott and see which i like better. I'm not real excited about the CBs but i think i can make it work if i can get more speed.

Once i get the draft i'll be looking at taking either a CB, TE, or RT in the first round. Brandon Carr isn't as fast as i'd like to have at CB. I'll be looking to take the fastest player in the draft as well to return kicks. I had a lot of success with this in M16.
Old 08-06-2016, 08:25 PM   #114
Rookie

steeldee7's Arena

Icon6 Re: Madden 17 Franchise Plans

Getting ten trophies in my Offline franchise and being at least competitive in my online league. just look to your left to see who I'm running with.
Old 08-07-2016, 06:01 PM   #115
MVP

SuperSeahawks's Arena

OVR: 14

I should have put a poll in this thread; a good variety of answers with a majority of the teams being represented. I'm actually going throw in a wrinkle into how I usually play the games during franchise. I'm going to run with the concept of going for 2 almost everytime, except in certain situations and see how it plays out. I'm sure there will be a coach crazy enough to try it IRL. I'm curious as to what the results will be with my Browns franchise....

PSN: SeahawkFan11OS

GT: SuperSeahawks

Twitch
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2016, 02:42 PM   #116
Rookie

jtshurtleff's Arena

I was leaning towards the Eagles earlier and trying to develop their WR and Jordan Hicks (I'm a huge Texas fan) to go along with Wentz and trying to start a new dynasty to rival the Patriots'. I am now leaning towards the Bears because of their potential for a full retool. I think Cutler can work for me for a year or two and if he doesn't then I won't feel bad. I can't stand him as a player. I also hope to develop Kevin White and sign Alshon Jeffery to a long term deal. The defense needs a good deal of help in the secondary and their entire O Line needs to be replaced or developed. I think I can make a run year one for the playoffs but I think 8-8 is maybe a little more realistic. I will then probably use a 2nd or 3rd round pick for a QB to sit behind Cutler and provide a future for the team and then try and get a star CB in the draft or Free Agency. The LB core is fine but the D Line also needs help. They should be quite the challenge and hopefully will be fun.
Old 08-08-2016, 02:48 PM   #117
MVP

OVR: 6

Hoping to bring back the glory days in Santa Clara with the 49er's. Firt chance I get, Chip is gone. Like running various versions of the 3 man front (blitz heavy), offense I run anything and everything. Like making my own playbooks. Also hoping the coach mode is as good as I been hearing in the other topic thread.

You can call it being a "Homer". But as Tupac said, its California Love.

My Teams
NFL- San Francisco 49ers
NBA- Los Angeles Lakers
NHL- Anaheim Ducks
MLB - Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim
NCAA - USC
Old 08-08-2016, 06:23 PM   #118
Rookie

Forgive me for the length of this post but this is my last week in my current job as I move onto a much better one. Needless to say I am extremely bored and basically just collecting a check these last five-days. Also this is the first time I am really going to dive into my franchise full bore and get really detailed with it all in a few years. Anyway, here are my plans for this new franchise.

I will be taking control of my Niners as my assistant GM and I try to navigate our way back to greatness and actually sustain it this time. After the York family finally put the team on the selling block our investment group consisting of Steve Young and Brent Jones got the opportunity they had been waiting for to buy the franchise and restore it back to prominence within the league. Some of the areas that I will be addressing this season are as follows.

1. We are going to (for the first time in a franchise) have a legit QB competition between Gabbert and Kaep, I might even allow Driskel some first team reps in Preseason practices and for the second game to see how he fairs. After naming a starter, obviously most likely between the two, I will look to trade the runner up for some 0-line or MLB depth. This will move Lewis or Driskel to the second team, but I will look to pick up a deadline cut at the position if there is anyone worth taking a flyer on.

2. We will continue to develop our offense into a power running unit as well as keep our zone-blocking scheme intact, leading the way for El Guapo to have his best season yet. With the playbook that Coach Kelly brings, we will most likely see a good deal of pass catching coming from the running back position, something that Hyde excelled at over his career at Ohio State. Look for Shaun Draughn and Kelvin Taylor (Son of Fred) to make the roster behind the incumbent for this season.

In the offseason I will continue to rebuild my offensive line through the draft with another nine-picks and more to come with compensatory picks for losing Boone and Boldin. This will more than allow me to make some moves in order to trade up high for the best o-lineman in the draft (if I’m not already there, based on preseason predictions that my team is going to be the worst in the league) or even move back to get no less than two-picks on the first round. This will give us the chance to really address the line with possibly a Top 10 guard or center, since Staley and Kilgore are getting up there in age and been injury prone respectively as well as hopefully draft the first real stud receiver we’ve seen since T.O.

Following the 2016 season, free agency will be a huge area for us, more so than years past. Areas that I will be looking to upgrade with my roughly 80-million in cap space for 2017 are as follows;

1. Need to find a high caliber corner to go alongside Brock and help make what was one of the worst passing defenses last season respectable. Names like, Trumaine Johnson, Amakumara, and Stephen Gilmore are all on my radar as we move closer to the 2016 season, depending on how our own players fare this year as well. We have drafted 7 corners since 2013 and guys like Jimmie Ward, Rashard Robinson, Will Redmond, Kenneth Acker, Dontae Johnson, and Keith Reaser have all impressed at times since being drafted and one or more could have breakout seasons in this campaign. My money is on Robinson and Redmond to supplant some of the current DB’s roster as they both look good so far in this camp.

2. I may look for some o-line help here as well. We’ve been attempting to build through the draft at all positions and not really diving into the free agent pool to fill big needs left by departing free agents or guys who retired. Names I will be keeping tabs on this season to see how they might fit if signed to a contract next April are, Matt Kalil, Andrew Whitworth, Luke Joeckel, and David DeCastro. Although we might not break the bank here since we’ll address this need in the draft as stated above and with kids like Joshua Garnett and Trent Brown being young recent draftees, and Anthony Davis coming back to the team, we might be in good shape here.

3. Bearing in mind that the chances of any top name free agent quarterbacks actually opting to leave their current teams to come to San Francisco are slim at best, we’re not too confident of finding a franchise QB through free agency or trade. Also, we can agree at this time that neither Gabbert or Kaepernick are the answer for the long term future at the position, so the best shot we might have is finding a future team leader in the 2017 draft. That being said, some of the names via free agency that we feel could help the team if a deal could be struck are, Brees, Cousins, and well that’s about it and as stated the chances of either man playing for another team in 2017 is nil.

4. Wideout will be a position where we could look to upgrade via free agency next offseason. Names that could come to the bay are Jeffrey, Sanders, Jackson, and Wright. But again the draft is where we will spend most of our time looking for a difference make here.

All in all, we have a good outlook for the future of the San Francisco 49ers, especially now that we have changed ownership to a group that actually cares about the future of the franchise as well as a GM team with a wealth of knowledge as to what it takes to build a winner. 2016 should be tough, and that’s to be expected, however if we can put together 5-6 wins this season while remaining as competitive as possible throughout we will consider that a positive and as noted above, move onto 2017 intent on having a great draft and adding some talent through free agency.

Last edited by 4everYoung384; 08-08-2016 at 06:25 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »