Home

Vision Cone Alternative (How to make QB AWR matter)

This is a discussion on Vision Cone Alternative (How to make QB AWR matter) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-02-2016, 10:25 PM   #89
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Vision Cone Alternative (How to make QB AWR matter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by underdog13
Here is my thoughts on how you could implement qb awr without over complicating the passing mechanics.

First is Audibles at the line these include changing the play, flipping the play, flipping the run, motioning a guy, o line blocking to a side, hot routes.

For QB with less than 60 awr: 0 Audibles allowed
Less than 70 awr: 1
Less than 80 awr: 2
Less than 85 awr: 3
Less than 90 awr: 4
90 or more: Unlimited

So basically when you break huddle you are allowed to make only a certain number of audibles before you hike the ball. If you have a QB with 62 awr, you can make one Audible. Be it changing the play or telling your TE to stay in and block. If you had 83 awr you could call a pair of hot routes and have the oline block to the left.

Fake Hike

They should scale the chance for your QB to draw the defense offsides or get your oline to jump. A Qb with 97 awr would have a great chance to get the defense to jump. A qb with 55 awr wouldn't and would be more likely to have his guys jump.

Make throws under pressure less accurate with low awr guys

Simply as stated above, scale it so the lower the awr is, the more the penalty the qb acc receives. It wouldn't have a huge impact on a 75awr guy, but it would on a 55awr guy.

Road Games Hiding Icons
Through a glitch in a Madden 08 mod, I have played several whole games without passing icons (they were all grey boxes). While as long as I memorized which ones were which before the snap I was usually fine. The confusion hit when I would scramble and the play broke down. Sometimes I hit the right button, other times I didn't.

Awr lower than 60 while on the road: 5 Icons blank after the ball is snapped.

Awr lower than 75 while on the road: 3 Icons blank

Awr 75 or above: All icons are displayed.

I feel like these additions would really make people want to upgrade their QB's awr without changing the simplistic passing system.

Thoughts?
I hate limits in sports games, maybe something like the lower rated the QB the higher percent there is a chance someone doesn't do their job and the play gets blown up. This would be simulating the low awareness qb making the wrong audible or not making sure absolutely every player heard it.

As far as fake snap id like to see a hard snap badge or rating. Every qb from the earliest level is aware enough to know sometimes you should use a hard count but there are guys who are awesome at it (Aaron Rodgers).

I'd also like to see a badge or rating for throwing under pressure. Some guys stand tall and deliver while getting tagged and some guys buckle under the pressure. Of course I want pressure to affect accuracy it should just be a lesser percentage for some qbs.

Love all the other ideas.
Old 08-03-2016, 02:41 PM   #90
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Vision Cone Alternative (How to make QB AWR matter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenblood60
It wouldn't be lit up immediately after the snap ( in that situation ) regardless of the quarterback's awareness rating. What would differentiate the lower awareness qb from the higher one is the amount of time it would take to progress to the second read; meaning, if the user sees that the dig route isn't going to be open, and he presses a button corresponding to another receiver, it will take longer for that receiver's icon to be highlighted (signifying that the QB is now looking at him ). The longer it takes for the next corresponding receiver to be highlighted, the less receivers the user can highlight on any given play.

Your suggestion nullifies the mechanic for QBs with an 80-89 rating or higher ( I imagine QBs with 90+ AWR would have all five receivers available ). It would also not allow QBs with 80 plus awareness rating to look off defenders. The fifth option is usually a check down, so four receivers being highlighted would take the ability ( and the need ) to look off of defenders away from the user. You would only need to look off defenders ( regularly ) with quarterbacks that have an AWR rating of 79 or below.

Looking off defenders, or not staring down receivers, is big part of playing quarterback--especially in the NFL. Quarterbacks, as they develop, stare down receivers less while getting better at looking off defenders. The double tap system as it was proposed by the original poster simulates that reality better ( than differentiating the amount of highlighted receivers ) in my opinion.
OH you guys mean kind of like Tecmo Bowl. Highlight one wr at a time then throw.

Anyway all you have to do to fix the 90 and higher is shift the numbers up 10 places, or rescale them some other way. Specific numbers don't matter as much for my idea.

Last edited by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞; 08-03-2016 at 02:44 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »