Home

Best Buy trade in deal coming back next week!

This is a discussion on Best Buy trade in deal coming back next week! within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-07-2016, 05:44 PM   #57
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: Best Buy trade in deal coming back next week!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsteele14
I went to best buy today and there was no mention of the $10 gift certificate afterwards.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
You get the $10 certificate like 3 weeks after if you pre order. You get the $10 coupon if you trade in 1.

The OP should edit the first post so we can limit these repeat questions.
Old 08-07-2016, 05:54 PM   #58
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauer4MVP
Wait, so you didn't even put the $15 towards it? And she definitely forgot too. That's why I just put the $5 down and worry about paying the rest at pickup. That way you're not referring to a transaction from two weeks prior.

Yea I used the gift card to pay for some of it. Traded 16 and WWE 2K16 in and got $30.80 and put that towards it. And then had another $7.51 on an old gift card and used that. And ended up paying the rest in cash, except for the coupon. But I'm going to see if I can get them to give me the value of the GCU on a gift card or something. And I pay it all off so that way my girlfriend can pick it up when she is done working because works less than a mile away from the closest Best Buy to my house. So I was going to have her pick up after work but now I have to go and pick it up myself instead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-07-2016, 06:08 PM   #59
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

OVR: 19

This is how it should break down:

Not a Best Buy or GCU member:
If you trade in M16, you'll get a gift card worth $15 and a coupon for $10 toward Madden 17. The gift card can be used for anything. The coupon is only good for M17.

Best Buy member but not GCU
In addition to the above, you'll get 500 bonus points if you pre-order M17. It will usually show up a couple of weeks after you pick up the game (so early to mid September). You can redeem those points for a $10 reward cert that can be used on anything.

GCU members
In addition to the above, you should get a 20% percent discount ($12) off M17. I think that applies when you pick the game up, so your pre-order receipt may show the full price. You should also get a 10% bonus ($1.50) on your M16 trade in.
Old 08-07-2016, 06:12 PM   #60
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowerWolf
This is how it should break down:

Not a Best Buy or GCU member:
If you trade in M16, you'll get a gift card worth $15 and a coupon for $10 toward Madden 17. The gift card can be used for anything. The coupon is only good for M17.

Best Buy member but not GCU
In addition to the above, you'll get 500 bonus points if you pre-order M17. It will usually show up a couple of weeks after you pick up the game (so early to mid September). You can redeem those points for a $10 reward cert that can be used on anything.

GCU members
In addition to the above, you should get a 20% percent discount ($12) off M17. I think that applies when you pick the game up, so your pre-order receipt may show the full price. You should also get a 10% bonus ($1.50) on your M16 trade in.

Yea I think the GCU will apply when you pick it up because as I was reading through my slip it said this: Price may change during pick up due to item price, promotions, discounts, or tax. So I'm guessing that the GCU will come off when I go to pick the game up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-07-2016, 07:06 PM   #61
Rookie

Traceur's Arena

Just got back from BB....

Pre-ordered Madden 17 (PS4): $59.99
-$12.00 (20% GCU discount)
-$10.00 (Madden 17 Pre-order Credit)
-$5.00 (BB coupon that I had)
-$16.50 (Madden 16 trade-in Credit)
-$4.80 (BB 10% Coupon that I had)

TOTAL Cost of Madden 17: $11.69 + tax

Minus $10 Reward Certificate (arrives in 2-3 weeks after M17 release) =

$1.69 + tax for Madden 17 (PS4). Not bad.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2016, 07:22 PM   #62
Rookie

So if you go into the store to pre-order, can you use the $10 trade-in coupon and GCU discount and pay for the game right then (like $38 or so)? Or do you just pay a $5 deposit and do the the rest on release day?
Old 08-07-2016, 07:25 PM   #63
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDoctor
So if you go into the store to pre-order, can you use the $10 trade-in coupon and GCU discount and pay for the game right then (like $38 or so)? Or do you just pay a $5 deposit and do the the rest on release day?
You can do either. I paid full (have to talk to them about the GCU discount on the game though). But others have done just the $5.
Old 08-07-2016, 07:43 PM   #64
Rookie

Traceur's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
You can do either. I paid full (have to talk to them about the GCU discount on the game though). But others have done just the $5.
Yup. If you pay full in advance then they will refund the GCU discount when you go to pick up the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »