Home

Madden Deluxe Edition Xbox digital question

This is a discussion on Madden Deluxe Edition Xbox digital question within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-06-2016, 03:23 PM   #1
Gator Bait

Swamp Swagger's Arena

OVR: 9

Was gonna go trade some stuff in towards Madden and get the digital version. But I've never ordered digital from GameStop ..... How does it work? Do they give you a code that's like ordering off the Microsoft store

I ask because I see if you pre order off the store it says it comes with EA access. But is that only if you actually pre order directly from the store or is the GameStop digital code the same thing?

Any help is appreciated.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2016, 06:06 PM   #2
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Madden Deluxe Edition Xbox digital question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swamp Swagger
Was gonna go trade some stuff in towards Madden and get the digital version. But I've never ordered digital from GameStop ..... How does it work? Do they give you a code that's like ordering off the Microsoft store

I ask because I see if you pre order off the store it says it comes with EA access. But is that only if you actually pre order directly from the store or is the GameStop digital code the same thing?

Any help is appreciated.....

You could always trade and use the credit to buy a gift card for Xbox Live and use that. If they are giving a bonus credit or something then it's possible that you could order a digital version, but unlikely as far as I know.
Old 08-06-2016, 06:20 PM   #3
Rookie

Landonio's Arena

OVR: 2

Are they actually offering some sort of deal for this?
Old 08-06-2016, 07:59 PM   #4
Gator Bait

Swamp Swagger's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprice33
You could always trade and use the credit to buy a gift card for Xbox Live and use that. If they are giving a bonus credit or something then it's possible that you could order a digital version, but unlikely as far as I know.

They had the 20% extra credit if you trade games toward a Madden pre order plus the 10% if you are a pro member. But no as far as buy the digital at the store it must be impossible or we just couldn't figure it out

Yet on the GameStop app it when you go to add to cart you can click download digital or buy the psychical copy. But when you select digital it ask ship to home or ship to store. Why would you need that for a digital copy.....

Me and the guy talked and poked around on the app but couldn't figure out why that was.

I just decided to bring my games back and look it up some more before I pre ordered. I just like having the game ready to play by being pre downloaded but I might have to buy psychical

Edit: Never mind I lied because when I get on my iPad it doesn't ask me that like it did on his phone. Strange...... It says digital delivery on mine

Last edited by Swamp Swagger; 08-06-2016 at 08:03 PM.
Old 08-07-2016, 05:34 PM   #5
MVP

Datninja619's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprice33
This is what I did from Amazon. I had $5 credit (from using Bing rewards) and I get 5% Cashback when using my discover card.
If I bought digital from Amazon it seemed like the code would be sent at midnight. So I bought Xbox points and bought the game from the Xbox store. I actually ended up using the $5 reward, plus the EA access discount.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2016, 01:26 PM   #6
Gator Bait

Swamp Swagger's Arena

Ok another strange thing happen. After going back in there the next day to try and figure out if I could do what I talked about earlier ..... Since I couldn't do the digital I asked if I could still get the extra 20% but have the thing shipped to my house. He said he didn't know and went ahead and competed the order to see if it kept the extra credit I was supposed to get

Turns out it didn't work and I decided to go ahead and just get $100 of MS points. But when I went home and added the $100 to my Microsoft account. Later got on the GameStop app and it says I still have the deluxe being pre ordered and being shipped to my house even though I didn't do that. Could he have possibly messed up and I'm getting that copy of the game or will it disappear soon? I still have the receipt saying I got the $100 credit for the MS store

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »