Home

Madden NFL 17 Developer Q&A Confirms Formation Subs Included in Day One Patch

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 17 Developer Q&A Confirms Formation Subs Included in Day One Patch within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-08-2016, 08:17 PM   #41
MVP

Joshua1207's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Madden 17 Dev Q&A with Matt Kato of GameInformer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
I imagine story modes in sports games are more of a hit with people who want to play sports game as linear experiences, sure. This sort of person would want to play the game casually, "beat" it, and then move on to the next game.

Right now Madden is so open-ended that there really is no ultimate "win" condition. For hardcore fans like us, that's fantastic (and that's one of my personal favorite things about the game, to be frank; the replay value is immense). For more casual players, it can make the gameplay experience intimidating.
Hmm, I suppose you make a fine point. Definitely different from what I want in a sports game, but that does make some sense.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2016, 08:22 PM   #42
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: GameInformer Madden NFL 17 Dev Q&A (Formation Subs confirmed for first title upda

Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
I'm guessing yes since there already were formation subs in game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Same thing I said awhile back but it didn't go over well, maybe now that they claim to have it accessible in a CFM menu, pointing that out won't bother some. Curious to see exactly what they have added and if it's what was already available in-game, made accessible in a CFM menu or something else. Either way it's nice to have that ability back and kudos to them for getting it in the release patch.

Haven't watched the entire video, so going by JPDavis's cliffs, they seem to have added evidence to my concerns about them looking to take on more modes for M18 and beyond, as if they feel what's there now is solid. Also, like I've posted before, regardless of whether or not they can get the name rights to actual position coaches, the positions themselves are NFL authentic and should be added. Bill Belicheck isn't licensed to be in Madden but they still have a "head coach" position in CFM for the Pats, same thing should be applied to other coaching/coordinator positions. Include the positions, ie Offensive coordinator, Special teams coach, etc, getting the real people licensed to use their names/likeness is a separate addition.
Old 08-08-2016, 08:56 PM   #43
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: GameInformer Madden NFL 17 Dev Q&A (Formation Subs confirmed for first title upda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
they seem to have added evidence to my concerns about them looking to take on more modes for M18 and beyond, as if they feel what's there now is solid.
that is actually a little concerning. hadn't thought about it that way...

I would much rather them be polishing what we have now then going down a different road with story mode and all that stuff. hopefully they have the same philosophy.
Old 08-08-2016, 09:00 PM   #44
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21
Madden NFL 17 Developer Q&A Confirms Formation Subs Included in Day One Patch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
Same thing I said awhile back but it didn't go over well, maybe now that they claim to have it accessible in a CFM menu, pointing that out won't bother some. Curious to see exactly what they have added and if it's what was already available in-game, made accessible in a CFM menu or something else. Either way it's nice to have that ability back and kudos to them for getting it in the release patch.

Haven't watched the entire video, so going by JPDavis's cliffs, they seem to have added evidence to my concerns about them looking to take on more modes for M18 and beyond, as if they feel what's there now is solid. Also, like I've posted before, regardless of whether or not they can get the name rights to actual position coaches, the positions themselves are NFL authentic and should be added. Bill Belicheck isn't licensed to be in Madden but they still have a "head coach" position in CFM for the Pats, same thing should be applied to other coaching/coordinator positions. Include the positions, ie Offensive coordinator, Special teams coach, etc, getting the real people licensed to use their names/likeness is a separate addition.

My bad. You understood me

Last edited by charter04; 08-08-2016 at 09:02 PM.
Old 08-08-2016, 09:04 PM   #45
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: Madden NFL 17 Developer Q&A Confirms Formation Subs Included in Day One Patch

There is probably a company mandate across sports titles going to Frostbite to have "Story Mode" to lure in a new type of audience.

FIFA is doing it this year. Doesn't interest me at all, but I guess the curated sports rpg is something that's played well in NBA.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2016, 09:18 PM   #46
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Madden NFL 17 Developer Q&A Confirms Formation Subs Included in Day One Patch

Regarding Special Teams

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-08-2016, 09:19 PM   #47
Rookie

prime21time37's Arena

OVR: 5

Been reading about formation subs for a few yrs now. They finally get it in and people complain that it should have been in yrs ago. We are never happy. Yes, formation subs is an old feature, but the game was always lacking in other departments. Now with gameplay almost where it needs to be, formation subs should put this game over the top. I'm excited.
Old 08-08-2016, 09:20 PM   #48
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5

Looks like I'm going to have to do another 32 team CFM this year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »