Home

Madden 17 QB accuracy

This is a discussion on Madden 17 QB accuracy within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2016, 11:33 PM   #9
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Madden 17 QB accuracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
I don't completely disagree with this. I haven't watched all videos. Did anyone use any bad QB's? Also I wonder what difficulty every game was. Probably All Pro. Also from the videos I've seen completion percentages were around 60%. Lots of drops in traffic and deflections. Coverage seems really good. I wonder if they feel better coverage will keep %'s down?

Hopefully sliders are more sensitive (I say this every year) so we can adjust for sim style players.

I don't think competitive/tourney plays like arrant throws. Even though it's realistic. They don't like it. I'm sure with the esport stuff Madden is catering toward them some.

I'm just ready to get the game and find out everything for myself.
Last year I didn't have to make a lot of slider adjustments for the game to play well across the board for me, but I'm getting the feeling that this year more adjustments will be needed, depending on what last minute tuning was done for the final build. Maybe we're wrong, but I also feel like the competitive players have too much influence on default gameplay settings, but I guess because they don't use sliders they're given that courtesy. IMO, and I know that many will disagree, I personally feel like the game is weaker for needing to account that playstyle.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 08-13-2016, 01:16 AM   #10
Pro

michapop9's Arena

OVR: 9

Ive asked every dev on twitter about this multiple times and have yet to get a response. It seems like im being ignored because almost every other question or comment i get a response. This is infuriating, let the tourney players have what they want at 50, but make the slider work when you move it down for Petes sake, you cant tout sim when the most important position on the field is so poorly differentiated.
Old 08-13-2016, 04:08 AM   #11
Rookie

JasonZimmerman's Arena

OVR: 0
Madden 17 QB accuracy

I like the commentary, but there is way to much dead air on long plays. "He's to the 30............touchdown".

Last edited by JasonZimmerman; 08-13-2016 at 05:49 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2016, 04:47 AM   #12
Rookie

Allball76's Arena

OVR: 0

Just give us a simulation mode please with QB inaccuracy so A Rod and Brady can finally be the top players in the game !
Old 08-13-2016, 07:50 AM   #13
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

One of the main reasons I'm skipping the game. I was REALLY hoping to see this improved on in 17. QB play looks to be the same as last year. Every QB in the game being deadly accurate and missing maybe 5-6 throws a game.
Old 08-13-2016, 08:21 AM   #14
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

I've already seen this defensive answer from Twitter, not from the developers.

You are talking about 1 game, not a whole season.

Oy................
Old 08-13-2016, 09:24 AM   #15
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
Last year I didn't have to make a lot of slider adjustments for the game to play well across the board for me, but I'm getting the feeling that this year more adjustments will be needed, depending on what last minute tuning was done for the final build. Maybe we're wrong, but I also feel like the competitive players have too much influence on default gameplay settings, but I guess because they don't use sliders they're given that courtesy. IMO, and I know that many will disagree, I personally feel like the game is weaker for needing to account that playstyle.
I just don't understand this at all. Since the Tourney crowd can't change sliders, why not have a specific slider set for them. Why wouldn't a company make the default settings more sim, but then just have a specific slider set for tournaments. If what you speculate is true, then it seems like EA/Tib just thinks backwards.

Heck, I'd settle for an EA/Tib supplied sim slider set even if it wasn't the all 50 default. I get so confused and disappointed at many of their design decisions.

Maybe things will be different in the retail (with the first patch). Maybe.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2016, 09:40 AM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 1

If they want the QB to be overly accurate in a clean pocket fine, but at least they could do is drastically increase accuracy penalty for QBs under pressure or being moved of of their spot.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »