Home

Madden 17 QB accuracy

This is a discussion on Madden 17 QB accuracy within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2016, 09:43 AM   #17
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Madden 17 QB accuracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtmetcalfe
If they want the QB to be overly accurate in a clean pocket fine, but at least they could do is drastically increase accuracy penalty for QBs under pressure or being moved of of their spot.
I can tell you last year that QB's that were under pressure(vs AI) would throw off the target, so, I don't feel that is the issue.

It's QB's standing in the pocket and throwing accurate passes 95% of the time.
Old 08-13-2016, 09:59 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I can tell you last year that QB's that were under pressure(vs AI) would throw off the target, so, I don't feel that is the issue.

From the looks of the videos released yesterday I didn't notice it. I didn't play last years version but my hope is that they'll adjust the pass rush for 17 and that claim will still be the case.
And I do agree with you the standing in the pocket is to accurate.
Old 08-13-2016, 10:14 AM   #19
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtmetcalfe
From the looks of the videos released yesterday I didn't notice it. I didn't play last years version but my hope is that they'll adjust the pass rush for 17 and that claim will still be the case.
And I do agree with you the standing in the pocket is to accurate.
I understand, I'm just going off my experience vs the AI in CFM last year.

If the AI QB was under duress, usually a wild/errant throw would occur. I'm assuming the same would hold true this year, at least one would hope.

Last edited by roadman; 08-13-2016 at 10:17 AM.
Old 08-13-2016, 10:14 AM   #20
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:

I saw a few off target throws on the run in the videos released yesterday, but certainly not enough.

A lot of the problem stems from the AI being too dependent on the flats and short routes.

Also if you notice, in a lot of the videos where the QB is just standing in the pocket (With no pass rush pressure I might add) the AI WR's just stopped running their routes and stood their with the D blanketing them.

The QB just waits and waits to take a sack at that point. When I saw Andy Dalton go 16/17 for like 110 yards I knew it was the same song and dance from last year.

QB Play needs a complete overhaul.
Old 08-13-2016, 10:20 AM   #21
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
I saw a few off target throws on the run in the videos released yesterday, but certainly not enough.

A lot of the problem stems from the AI being too dependent on the flats and short routes.

Also if you notice, in a lot of the videos where the QB is just standing in the pocket (With no pass rush pressure I might add) the AI WR's just stopped running their routes and stood their with the D blanketing them.

The QB just waits and waits to take a sack at that point. When I saw Andy Dalton go 16/17 for like 110 yards I knew it was the same song and dance from last year.

QB Play needs a complete overhaul.
Sliders cure that in my solo CFM.

I'll guarantee sliders were not touched in yesterdays videos, but that is a band aide till they do overhaul QB play.

Last edited by roadman; 08-13-2016 at 10:22 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2016, 10:22 AM   #22
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
That's honestly encouraging. I gave some sliders a shot last year, but none of them seemed to fix that issue for me.

For 17, if line play, WR awareness and QB play were tuned, I'd buy it for the gameplay alone. Going to wait and see what you and a few other Madden vets say this year after the game comes out and you tune with sliders before I even think about a purchase.
Old 08-13-2016, 10:24 AM   #23
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
That's honestly encouraging. I gave some sliders a shot last year, but none of them seemed to fix that issue for me.

For 17, if line play, WR awareness and QB play were tuned, I'd buy it for the gameplay alone. Going to wait and see what you and a few other Madden vets say this year after the game comes out and you tune with sliders before I even think about a purchase.
Too bad you didn't hang onto 16. I'm getting it for 10 bucks at BB with a trade-in.
Old 08-13-2016, 11:14 AM   #24
Pro

michapop9's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:

I'll guarantee sliders were not touched in yesterdays videos, but that is a band aide till they do overhaul QB play.
Roadman, i agree with you up until the last title update, you could cure it with sliders and see a difference between qbs. After the last update incompletions basically only came on swats and there wasnt a difference between qbs.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »