Home

What player do you plan on editing?

This is a discussion on What player do you plan on editing? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2016, 03:23 PM   #17
Rookie

Kwarren3's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: What player do you plan on editing?

I will definitely be spending a lot of time editing equipment for all 32 teams. Drives me crazy seeing rookies with weird equipment and wearing retired numbers. As far as editing ratings go, I already have a spreadsheet done for my Vikings franchise roster ratings. The only big edits I have are Stefon Diggs, Eric Kendricks, and Xavier Rhodes. They didn't exactly have big jumps in overall but certain ratings I felt were way too low. Also, if Waynes plays the rest of preseason like he did against the bengals he will get a little boost as well.
Old 08-14-2016, 04:27 PM   #18
Rookie

zacification1's Arena

So in franchise, we can now edit weight and height, as well as faces? This is news to me. I thought it was just attributes and position. Anyway, I have a rule about my drafted Offensive lineman in regards to what equipment they are allowed. They are not permitted to wear any other helmet than Revo makes, they are not permitted to wear gloves, only taped. They are not permitted arm sleeves or wristbands either.

As for other players on different teams, I will edit them as I play them in games. I don't want to edit the Rams rookies as the Chargers (who I plan on playing as) if I won't play them until 4 years.

Regarding height/weight, height is a big nono, but weight is acceptable because of its malleability. For example, if I want Joey Bosa to gain 5 lbs to fit the Hybrid defense I plan on running with San Diego, I would do it in the offseason, and it is justified by the following:

A) If a player in real life was asked to gain 5 lbs. to fit a scheme, it would happen, typically. It's realistic.

B) 5 lbs. isn't a ludicrous amount of weight to gain/lose, and weight it shed and gained in the NFL all the time for scheme/convience. Eddy Lacy lost 15 lbs. to quit being god awfully sluggish, and Marcus Mariota gained 5 lbs of muscle to help with injuries (MCL Sprain).

Concerning player names/faces, I won't mess with either of the two. If I scout a player for 19 weeks, then change his name for the sake of originality, it just feels weird. Same goes for the face. Also, I don't want to remove the EA picture.

It's nice to see that full player customization is back. I am really excited for this year's Madden with all of the new additions.

New England Patriots
Boston College Eagles
Old 08-14-2016, 05:17 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

I plan on every single player on the default roster data base.....

That's because everyone of them will become a classic player from the 90's

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 08-14-2016, 05:35 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmike904
Right out of the box. Bortles should be a little better but DEFINITELY Telvin Smith an 80 is laughable. I will also be editing down Luke Joeckel because he's a 79 and he sucks really bad at LT. I will be moving him to LG possibly or cut off my CFM.
Tashaun Gipson got the shaft as well. Telvin should be around an 85 or so.
Old 08-14-2016, 05:42 PM   #21
MVP

Datninja619's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneamongthefence
I'm hoping drafted players in CFM come in with better equipment. No more having one wristband bug. That's usually all I edit.

Sent from my LG-AS991 using Tapatalk
Yeah, I'm most looking forward to editing drafted players. Kind of got tired seeing most 6-4 WRs have dreads lol

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2016, 05:43 PM   #22
Rookie

Kwarren3's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by azdawgpound
If u edit a players face that has a face scan won't that change his face to default??
If you edit a players face it will take away their default picture and insert whatever face you select as their picture. I don't like this because lets say for example a backup Linebacker in my CFM has a generic face with long hair when IRL he has short hair, so I want to change his face to get rid of the hair, but then it gets rid of his actual real life photo. Kind of annoying but I get why they did it.
Old 08-14-2016, 05:44 PM   #23
Rookie

Kwarren3's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Datninja619
Yeah, I'm most looking forward to editing drafted players. Kind of got tired seeing most 6-4 WRs have dreads lol

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk
I HATE dreads. On some players it looks ok but in my experience most rookies with dreads look terrible. Thankfully now we can change that.
Old 08-14-2016, 06:25 PM   #24
MVP

redsfan4life's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by cha0ss0ldier
Tashaun Gipson got the shaft as well. Telvin should be around an 85 or so.
Gipson sucked last year. I think his rating is fair. He's really not been consistent in his career.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »