Home

4-3 vs 3-4 vs Other

This is a discussion on 4-3 vs 3-4 vs Other within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2016, 07:31 PM   #9
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: 4-3 vs 3-4 vs Other

Last I turned Green Bay into a 4-3 since 3-4 lineman were hard to come by. If the drafts are better balanced for 3-4 defenses I'll stick with that.

Sent from my LG-AS991 using Tapatalk
Old 08-14-2016, 08:10 PM   #10
Rookie

sir psycho's Arena

OVR: 3

The 4-3 has always been my preferred formation, but I'll likely run with whatever base formation my CFM team uses(still haven't decided who I'm going with yet).
Old 08-14-2016, 08:15 PM   #11
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6

as a kid playing the old maddens for the first time I thought 3-4 was a dumb idea because there was less lineman and I figured there was always a hole if you ran up the middle. as i've grown older I now know the advantages and disadvantages of each but still tend to prefer 4-3. defensive lineman has always been one of my favorite positions in football and I love dominating the line of scrimmage with them rather then putting more emphasis on the linebackers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2016, 08:17 PM   #12
Pro

RyanLeaf16's Arena

Most teams are only in their base about 30-40% of the time nowadays. For the last few years, I've never really bothered matching personnel with my opponent. If I feel like running nickel or dime...I run it. Add in that we finally get formation subs back this year and I'll be running a multiple front. If I had to pick a base formation, it would be 4-3...but that's won't dictate my activity in the draft or free agency.
Old 08-14-2016, 08:24 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 0
4-3 vs 3-4 vs Other

I'm going to use a 3-4 unless the formation subs work well, then I'll use a hybrid.

I think the 3-4 just provides more exotic looks and makes it harder for the offense to know exactly whose coming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-14-2016, 08:49 PM   #14
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanLeaf16
Most teams are only in their base about 30-40% of the time nowadays. For the last few years, I've never really bothered matching personnel with my opponent. If I feel like running nickel or dime...I run it. Add in that we finally get formation subs back this year and I'll be running a multiple front. If I had to pick a base formation, it would be 4-3...but that's won't dictate my activity in the draft or free agency.
This is one of the reasons I like running a 4-3 usually 4-3 LBs are better coverage guys than 3-4 in my experience, so I can stay in base when I have good LBs (Lavonte and Kwon) and at times it allows me to really confuse my opponents.
Old 08-14-2016, 09:32 PM   #15
Pro

RyanLeaf16's Arena

I can see you're another Bucs user @SolidSquid. I've already got plans for formation subs. I can't wait to move Noah Spence around!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2016, 09:42 PM   #16
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
I've been using a 4-3 Under front as my base defense the past couple years, basically since the Cowboys hired Rod Marinelli.

I typically just use whatever front the team actually plays with, I don't have a strong preference one way or another as long as I have the right personnel.
This and Nickelvariations for me since we hired Rod.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »