Home

4-3 vs 3-4 vs Other

This is a discussion on 4-3 vs 3-4 vs Other within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2016, 07:26 PM   #33
Rookie

manEATgod's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: 4-3 vs 3-4 vs Other

Yeah pressure is more consistent but a 4-3 defense is easier to read and/or plan for as a result of that consistency, and thus easier to attack. 3-4 Over ed is a 4-3 stack look with 3-4 personnel. It's nothing for me to drop the ROLB (who starts with his hands in the dirt like a 4-3 DE) into coverage to mix things up and confuse my opponents.

I'm in a league where there are some very good passers. Always have to keep everyone on their toes.
Old 08-16-2016, 07:29 PM   #34
Banned

4-3 but i try use multiple defense package
Old 08-16-2016, 10:06 PM   #35
Rookie

In m16 in particular I found it way easier to find superlative talent to staff a 4-3. Pass rushing OLB could be made into immediate 4-3 DE impact players but the nose tackle and 3-4 OLB positions couldn't do their job as well with the players available via the draft IMHO
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2016, 01:44 PM   #36
Rookie

jtshurtleff's Arena

It kind of depends on the team but I usually transition into a 3-4 running a crap load of blitzes once I get my OLB's right. Last year with my Jags franchise I got 2 MLB's with 85 plus speed and raised their AWR and PRC to near 90 then had to speed rushing OLB's. I mixed up my blitzes and went from record breaking bad defense to all time great defense with the added pass rush. Rushing the passer well usually makes up for the fact I never have good CB's. This year I am probably going to run a 4-3 defense similar to what Dan Quinn runs in Atlanta and ran in Seattle. More conservative, more zones and a big CB like Sherman or Trufant (not that Trufant is big) to shut down guys like Antonio Brown and Demarius Thomas.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »